Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] There is no reason to keep space mum alive (SPOLIERS)

WoodedSkate89

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

But because of your need for bloodshed,

No, it's my need to be free of control. The Tenno no longer need her. 

24 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

purple mama

How many regular orokin children did she and her family slaughter during the old war? Probably many! She's disgusting. And you wanna save it? 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sea_Blue_Stars said:

The sentiment remains the same lol

Just think it would be an interesting move on the Sentients' part to use Lotus/Natah to start a civil war among the Tenno. 

Maybe they know some of us will want to save her, maybe they know some of us will want to kill her. 

Two very opposing viewpoints, with a life at the stakes.

Unravel the makeshift family of Tenno and have us take ourselves out. 

While I would be okay with taking out the faithless, I recognize that would require PvP (we don't seem to eat, and I don't think that Biz has any more of those k-bombs) and that's just not going to be happening. 

Realistically I figure a scripted 'I hate you former space mom.... Yeeps she's attacking me... Huh, why's she gone all limp like that?... Oh she just saved my life, from an attack that I didn't know was coming,.... again?...... Omg I'm soooooo sooorry space mom, please don't die. I didn't know that you were the real MVP all this time... Oh well, time for revenge, I guess... Hey space grandma, This is what I am, and I am coming home.' Cue fade to black. 

6 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

purple mama tries to kill us possibly under the influence of mental bathing? Nah, she gotta die.

Sounds like a mercy killing to me. We're doing her a favor, putting her out of her misery. Imagine your mind not being your own anymore. You'd probably want to be put out of your misery too. So, sounds justified to me, not matter how you spin it. If she's not brain washed, she tried to kill us, so she has to die for it. If she is brainwashed, then it's a mercy killing (and she still tried to kill us, so she's gotta die, but it's a kinder death).

Oh and, I'm not exactly fine with Simaris, Umbra or Teshin either. Ordis is incompetent, so I wouldn't expect anything less from him. And Maroo... well, you said, self-defence, and unlike Lotus, she gives me Endo, so she gets to live just because of that.

• Like 1

En 17/8/2019 a las 19:10, WoodedSkate89 dijo:

Seeing how all she has done is lie to us since she met us... There is no reason to even want to keep her alive.

I feel like there will be a scene where once the natah bossfight is doneand we will have a chance to kill her or let her go. (Btw it really won't be a challenge). 

Ocultar contenido

UCmJK3H.jpg

What will you guys do if there is that option?

thats a cool idea, but it would be more fitting to the game to actually channel the ones of us who would love to see main characters dying, like being able to join the betrayer´s betrayer´s faction, i mean, the lore could resist some tennos who actually want to kill her after all

Edited by rockscl

To be fair, there's those of us that have played this game with the Lotus as an integral part of the experience since 2013. I'll agree story wise that I would like the option to strike her down, but at the same time I've found Ordis's fake Lotus annoying from the moment I got her and don't want to be stuck with the kid replacing her either. So game play wise I would value the choice to keep the Lotus as fairly high.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

How many regular orokin children did she and her family slaughter during the old war? Probably many! She's disgusting. And you wanna save it? 

Consider how many Grineer are probably, what... one? two? Years old? If not a few weeks or months... even days maybe. Of them, how many do you reckon were planning on a Steel Meridian defection before you showed up? Besides, it's not like they had any choice but to serve the queens.

Most Corpus vessels and bases are merchant locations as well, armed with military-grade security due to wartime, yes, but still have a large civilian portion. How many Solaris do you reckon are on-board each one you set to have the reactor go critical? Of those, how many do you reckon brought their kids along by necessity - single parents maybe? You never do see the crew quarters...

And how many Orokin children died as a direct consequence of our Orokin takedown - because let's be real here,  Lotus at best gave us the push, we were more than willing to slaughter the Orokin too.

In other words, look at the log in your own eye before judging Lotus.

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

Sounds like a mercy killing to me. We're doing her a favor, putting her out of her misery. Imagine your mind not being your own anymore. You'd probably want to be put out of your misery too. So, sounds justified to me, not matter how you spin it. If she's not brain washed, she tried to kill us, so she has to die for it. If she is brainwashed, then it's a mercy killing (and she still tried to kill us, so she's gotta die, but it's a kinder death).

Oh and, I'm not exactly fine with Simaris, Umbra or Teshin either. Ordis is incompetent, so I wouldn't expect anything less from him. And Maroo... well, you said, self-defence, and unlike Lotus, she gives me Endo, so she gets to live just because of that.

Mercy killings are a grey are for a reason. Mercy kills without consent aren't... well, all that merciful. What if she wants to live and there are means to save her?

Also, Lotus has given you more Endo than Maroo and plenty else besides. Most of the mission rewards came from her one way or the other, either directly or by her distributing the acquired resources throughout the relays, Operatives and presumably the maintenance of Tenno Orbiters, then giving you a personal cut for your work on top of anything you make raiding everything. So, by that logic, she gets the all-clear.

• Like 1

On 2019-08-17 at 7:27 PM, WoodedSkate89 said:

I feel like if we kill her, teshin will take over as space guardian.

But there should be a choice.

That would actually be pretty cool. Play out the story and you get a choice - spare Natah and you continue with the Lotus giving mission directives or kill her and Teshin takes over. 

Just now, Flying_Scorpion said:

She's not actually our enemy, she's just under the control of Natah. After he's dead, she'll turn back into the regular lotus again and get back together with the man in the wall so we can be a happy family 🙂

Umm.... that's not... what happened... at all...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

If my mind wasn't my own I'd choice retrieving it over being killed. Though if retrieval was not an option I would choose death over continuing in that state.  How come self defense  excuses trying to kill you but being brainwashed doesn't? 

I'm going to bring her to the brink of extinction and then stick her on my orbiter. Probably chop off her arms at the elbows and her legs at the knees and then have her suspended in my operator room so I can enjoy looking at my trophy. Might even take pot shots at her when she speaks. Betraying me is the worst thing she could've done.

16 minutes ago, Mingtzu said:

I'm going to bring her to the brink of extinction and then stick her on my orbiter. Probably chop off her arms at the elbows and her legs at the knees and then have her suspended in my operator room so I can enjoy looking at my trophy. Might even take pot shots at her when she speaks. Betraying me is the worst thing she could've done.

What if it turns out she didn't really betray you?

1 hour ago, Mingtzu said:

I'm going to bring her to the brink of extinction and then stick her on my orbiter. Probably chop off her arms at the elbows and her legs at the knees and then have her suspended in my operator room so I can enjoy looking at my trophy. Might even take pot shots at her when she speaks. Betraying me is the worst thing she could've done

Did your parents beat you when you were 7?

What sort of hentai tags do you follow? NTR and Ugly Bastard?

Edited by RamonLeeYJ

8 hours ago, Rider_Megalon said:

Any one else find the need to kill Lotus a bit on  the creepy side or is that just me. Also BIG money on the helmet being a red haring

People have been saying it for years, since before we even had any story content in the game. I don't understand it either.