Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] There is no reason to keep space mum alive (SPOLIERS)

WoodedSkate89

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And for those wondering a sample of 34k always trumps 'well everyone I spoke to agreed with my point of view.... What? I have to provide actual numbers? Since when? This is the internet!"

34k is a pretty big sample. Unless my memory is really shot, I would say that you're looking at a margin of error of close to half of a percent. That's not a problem. 

The only thing that brings the "representative" part into question is the fact that it only sampled twitter responses. The number of responses is not an issue. 

Your poll... Well... 🙄 Do I really need to show why a few hundreds hundreds is bigger than a few dozen? 

Again, you should do a little reading on how representative a 34k person sample would be. 

Oh yes I do agree with the fact that a 34k sample is obviously more representative than my samples (I have no clue how many people voted on the poll I showed).

But that poll probably is the most representative. But still doesn't mean its a perfect representation 

Le 21/08/2019 à 02:55, Melkfet a dit :

Everyone is missing a very subtle point here. We are Tenno. We control the warframes that helped with the fall of the orokin empire.

Lotus, from the begining of the game, has us go around the system, using guerilla tactics, to maintain a fragile balance of power between the corpus and grineer.

Why? We can slay sentients, we can slay giant spider orbs, we can slay anything that has the misfortune to look in our way.

And yet, we can't solve the problem with the corpus and grineer.

But we can. It's just we were not instructed to go and eliminate. We were instructed to maintain the war. Not end it.

You could say that the corpus and grineer have large numbers of army units, bases, etc. But do they compare to the might of the orokin empire?

No they do not. We eliminated a far greater foe but we are somehow having problems with these two little guys.

Also, you could say that there are less operators/warframes now than there war in the old war. Ok, but what about all the people that live under the corpus and grineer.

As with fortuna, we help the people defend and destroy a threat. The same way, we could organize all the peolple and destroy the threats of corpus and grineer.

The only one who has an advantage in such a situation, is a third party.

A third party that has no losses, no battle fatigue, time to gather resources and amass a war army large enough to guarantee a victory, and it's just waiting for the oportunity to strike.

Lotus in no way has ever helped the system or us.

Time and time again all her actions were only to delay, lie by omission, lie directly.

You have earned a cookie

biscui_noun_002_03480.jpg?version=4.0.94

1 hour ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Oh yes I do agree with the fact that a 34k sample is obviously more representative than my samples (I have no clue how many people voted on the poll I showed).

But that poll probably is the most representative. But still doesn't mean its a perfect representation 

Representative samples don't need to be perfect representations.

The important parts are confidence, who was polled, and bias. Basically how reasonably sure are you that what you are seeing is likely to be what the general population shows, and was the group sampled likely to be a good cross section of the general population?

In one case the answers to both encouraging, a huge sample, of people who are fairly likely to be active players. In the other "IDK?" and "uhhhh the screen shots shown suggest that it was probably people who want to kill her?"... Less than inspiring, you see? 

• Like 2

Personally, I think I leave the choice to the lotus.
Above all, she must suffer from her situation. In the dialogue of ropalolyst, she seems to want to convince herself...

As they say at home:  "Elle a le popotin entre deux sièges."  (She has the buttocks between two chairs.)