Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThumpumGood

Best sentinal weapons

Question

I've always relied on the Sweeper prime and played around with the Cryotra but never really gave much thought to these weapons. Never really had the time as I was always leveling my weapons. Im a little lost as they dont seem to work the same way my weapons do. Any help would really be appreciated.

3 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

Im a little lost as they dont seem to work the same way my weapons do.

What do you mean? Other than having infinite Ammo reserves, Sentinel weapons are pretty much the same as Warframe weapons.

3 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

I've always relied on the Sweeper prime

Well, that's my main Sentinel weapon of choice as well, so ... there ya go?

But to avoid duplicates of Mods, it'd also be neat to have Cryotra (or maybe Vulklok) ready to use, to match up versus your current Primary.
If duplicates are okay, Prisma Burst Laser (Secondary) can be fun, 0 Reload = non-stop infinite laser pew pew barrage, wee.

Either way, go for a high Status (Cor + Blast or Viral + Rad, for debuffing + CC goodness) build with Punch Through,
that'll give you plenty of procs, and work great with e.g. Condition Overload / Synth Deconstruct / Energy Generator if you're using the best Sentinel 😄

Deconstructer prime because i like melee cc boost with all gladiator mod on it. I didnt build it as sentinel weapon but for me instead. 😂

5 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

I've always relied on the Sweeper prime and played around with the Cryotra but never really gave much thought to these weapons. Never really had the time as I was always leveling my weapons. Im a little lost as they dont seem to work the same way my weapons do. Any help would really be appreciated.

i dont have answer for u
but i have serious question for u

i stopped using sentinels weapons after like mr 8 when i realized it helps get me detected on spy missions (and that is my own choice i dont say it was right or wrong)
but for me if i can kill anything even on sorties with eximus stronghold without any problem then whats the benefit in having sentinels weapon even equipped when it do lousy damage?

16 minutes ago, ZeroZX4 said:

i stopped using sentinels weapons after like mr 8 when i realized it helps get me detected on spy missions

Sentinels won't attack unalerted enemies / at all while invisible,
and you could try Helios with Deconstructor since I believe that doesn't alert further enemies.

(Though for Spy in particular, you can also just run without a weapon, heh.)

16 minutes ago, ZeroZX4 said:

whats the benefit in having sentinels weapon even equipped when it do lousy damage?

All I can say is that "lousy" is not my experience when it comes to what a fully modded Sentinel weapon can do,
of course they're not just gonna mow down a horde of Sortie 3 heavies in the blink of an eye,
but that support fire can still be plenty useful, at worst for the CC + debuff thing I mentioned earlier,
as well as triggering Condition Overload, Synth Deconstruct (yay Health Conversion / Equilibrium options), Energy Generator, and whatnot.

25 minutes ago, ZeroZX4 said:

i realized it helps get me detected on spy missions

Just unequipped sentinel weapon for spy/rescue mission or just bring your frame only with enemy sense/vigilante mod to detect enemy. Is that easy.😒 

25 minutes ago, ZeroZX4 said:

whats the benefit in having sentinels weapon

Its either benefit for you or sentinel itself and how you mod it for different type of mission. Just like i said above before but now im mostly bring smeeta to any mission except spy which i always bring sentinel for primed animal instinct mod without equip sentinel weapon on it and i only equip sentinel weapon to get cc buff either its primary or melee weapon with gladiator and vigilante mod set.

I'll just put it like this.

At low-mid level content something like deconstructor (or any well build prime weapon, from my testing) 1 shots everything without a riven (decent build is still needed).
At high level content if your sentinel attacks at all, it gets killed in about 1 minute (with or without riven) making your riven useless.

Edit: If you plan to use it on a Moa aim for stuff with higher range, because stuff like sweeper packs a huge punch (as shotguns do), but in my experience MOAs don't attack very often and often time when they attack they aren't in kissing range of the enemy they are attacking (i.e. a lot of sweeper pallets will miss).

3 hours ago, ZeroZX4 said:

i dont have answer for u

i stopped using sentinels weapons after like mr 8 when i realized it helps get me detected on spy missions (and that is my own choice i dont say it was right or wrong)
but for me if i can kill anything even on sorties with eximus stronghold without any problem then whats the benefit in having sentinels weapon even equipped when it do lousy damage?

latest?cb=20171008162338

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

latest?cb=20171008162338

Yes, that sure is a highly relevant response when the question is about Sentinel WEAPONS.

:thumbup:

3 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Yes, that sure is a highly relevant response when the question is about Sentinel WEAPONS.

:thumbup:

Indeed :)

Not the "best" but a very worthy sentinel weapon is Deth Cubes Machine gun.   I have a partially modded heavy caliber on mine and it is 100+ Damage.   In low level missions it is a straight up kill thief.   

But if you take advantage of Synth Deconstruct for healing/armor then the Deth machine gun should be a serious contender.   That mod says the sentinel only has to damage stuff not outright kill things(like deth cubes augment for energy orbs).   So with its insane rate of fire it is pretty much always going to get shots on most of your targets.  Or trigger SD alot more often than other weapons like sweeper or the sniper.   

I've tried making Cryotra into an upgraded Atterax or whatever newb beam weapon that is but it is kind of lack luster.  It is like a pulse laser instead of constant beam and even with great status chance it doesnt seem to be as effective.  

The other moa weapons were lame to...  I think the tazicor might have a little promise...  

I run a Vulklok with a heavy riven. I can put it on any Sentinel or m MOA and have kills stolen clean through the 3 C round of Arbitration.  It honestly all depends on your play style. Do you want a companion that has your back (heals/vacuum/maybe kills) or one that is pure support?  Not all Sentinel weapons can be saved with rivens though. I would recommend going either CC SC or HYBRID setup

Thank you. I dont always have a sentinel. I quite frequently use Kavats. But some missions I just dont want to manage my kavat. So having the option to have a sentinel is an option... if it can do damage. But I never really tested any of the weapons because the crew I started with was capable enough that I didnt really need my sentinel to shoot. Im regretting that since I have seen people with useful ones. Hence the reason I came here. And most encounters I have had in game with people who have a good sentinel weapon setup act as if Im asking for national security secrets. Thank you again. While I didnt see any one standout, it did give me some ideas to work with.

On 2019-08-18 at 6:42 AM, Lutesque said:

latest?cb=20171008162338

This is a mod that goes on your sentinel, not its weapon...

1 minute ago, sinnae said:

This is a mod that goes on your sentinel, not its weapon...

Can't have one without the other.... :)

Deconstructor (prime) is great because it is technically a ranged melee weapon. You can use the gladiator mods on it, (they don't stack with the same type of mods on your melee, but they do affect the melee weapon even when on the deconstructor.)

Alternately, the Artax can get fairly beastly and is a good way to see enemies around you.

Except if your plan is to use the sentinel weapon at low levels (<50), it is a bad idea to use it to harm.

The sentinel weapon has to have high levels of state probability, and in this task 3 stand out: Sweeper Prime, Vulklok and Cryotra.

At medium-high levels, modify your sentinel weapon to produce consistent radiation procs. Believe me, it's your best defense.

And with it, I declassify the national security secrets.  :highfive:

Sentinel Weapons of note:

• Sweeper/Prime: enough Status, does some Damage, hits a lot of things.
  • Artax: CC's Enemies that are putting you in danger, can apply a few Status Effects to said Enemy relatively quickly.
    • Cryotra does mostly perform better than it, however.
    • Artax provides forced Ice Status, then you can apply a Status Effect or two to it afterwards. Cryotra doesn't force Status, but can apply the Status Effects you Mod for much more quickly.
  • Tazicor can apply a fair amount of Elemental Status.
  • Vulklok deals exceptional Damage per Shot. and has good Status.
    • Vulcax can offer a somewhat similar type of Weapon that offers a different Damage Type while instead of being limited by Fire Rate, being limited by Reload Speed.
  • Prisma Burst Laser can apply a lot of Status to groups of Enemies. however, it does have horrendous Accuracy (pro and con depending on how many Enemies there are in front of you)
  • Deconstructor can deal a remarkable amount of Damage. scales exceptionally well with Condition Overload.

honorable mentions:

• Prime Laser Rifle does decent Damage if you put Crits on it.
  • Stinger deals decent Damage due to forcing Toxin Status.

useful side notes:

if you put Suppressor Mods on your Sentinel, that removes like 90% of the danger of it attracting attention to itself.

Zoom Mods will increase the Range limit of Sentinel Weapons - however on most Weapons this will be either hitting the limit of the Targeting Precept, or that increased Range will be where the Weapon isn't effective Accuracy wise anyways. even so, worth noting.

some of the Glaive type Mods can be potentially useful on Deconstructor.

Deconstructor is actually the most destructive sentinel gun I find. It can actually kill some lvl 120 heavy gunners.

It's just too strong that I don't use it anymore because it usually killed my Synthesis targets, lmao...

I mod the Cryotra to have 100% status and apply Blast/Electrcity. You can attain 100% status with 3 60/60 mods (Rime Rounds, Thermite Rounds, High Voltage) and a rank 2 Rifle Aptitude. Then it's up to you what else you fit onto the unpotato'd Cryotra. I think I originally mod'd for Status Duration with Continuous Misery only this doesn't work with Blast/Electricity procs... so I mod'd for reload speed with Fast Hands (Cryotra reload is 4 seconds).

So my Sentinel watches my back and knocks/stuns anyone I might miss.

9 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Can't have one without the other.... :)

really? im using carrier with vacuum from over 3 years without sentinel weapon just because i didnt know i cant have one without other

am i bug using? will i get banned? should i report myself?

On 2019-08-18 at 11:21 AM, PieperLolz said:

Just unequipped sentinel weapon for spy/rescue mission or just bring your frame only with enemy sense/vigilante mod to detect enemy. Is that easy.😒 

yeah i will go to arsenal every time i need to go to spy mission or create special loadout for that just to have useless sentinel weapon on other mission types
sounds like fun

On 2019-08-18 at 11:19 AM, NinjaZeku said:

Sentinels won't attack unalerted enemies / at all while invisible,
and you could try Helios with Deconstructor since I believe that doesn't alert further enemies.

(Though for Spy in particular, you can also just run without a weapon, heh.)

that also sounds like fun but problem is im doing spy with volt to do it fastest i can

1 hour ago, ZeroZX4 said:

create special loadout for that

Why is that not a viable solution for you? I've even got two "Spy" Loadouts for my Ivara,
one for Grineer / Infested and one for Corpus, with different weapons / damage types fitting for those Factions.

1 hour ago, ZeroZX4 said:

just to have useless sentinel weapon on other mission types

Well okay then, just disregard everything others have shared in regards to how useful Sentinel weapons can be, gotcha.

*shrug*

deconstructor prime+all 4 60/60 mods for a viral/rad build (friendly fire+halved health), primed pressure point, condition overload, maim, and healing return. all slots filled, guaranteed self-healing on hit, pretty much acts like a viral+rad aura mod to take the pressure off.

On 2019-08-18 at 11:04 AM, ZeroZX4 said:

i dont have answer for u

And this is why you have loadouts.