Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Begs

WoodedSkate89

2 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Can we just get rid of them? (ban)

The amount of times I've been talking in region chat and some beg has come on and asked for someone to buy him stuff is insane.

The worst one was this guy who wanted someone to gift him khora. At first I told him that you can't trade non-prime warframe parts. Then he corrected me. He wanted someone to spend 300 plat on khora and gift it to him...

The most common is people asking for warframe slots, but still.

What do you guys think about them?

If it were up to me, it would be a ban. And it should never be rewarded.

"I dont want to get a job and actually work for money to spend and i dont want to even bother to farm anything for trade either but I want someone to give me free S#&$ anyway".

Really says something about the work ethic of some people. Too lazy to put any effort into a freaking videogame. I wonder what their life is like.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

But why is it seen wrong? 

If I'd be as well stocked as I am in Warframe in real life, I would go up to random people and give them cash..

This is the whole business of MrBeast 😂

Nah Mr.Beast can afford to give out huge amounts of money because the revenue he gets from his videos are like tripple that

1 hour ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

Even in warframe.market there's beggars too

Yo this guy tried to sell me prime junk when I was selling Saryn Prime on the market, I said plat or GTFO, he kept offering junk like anything else but the plat.

Clicked on his name, "Ignore", done.

There are some serious scammers on there,

I put up a bullet dance on there for 60plat.

Some guy messages me but he changed the copy paste message to say 6plat.

I told him that it's listed for 60.

He said it was for 6.

I check, it is up there for 60.

He then tells me to f off, and has a go at me about how selfish I am.

I just ignore listed him after a while because he just kept spamming me

I'm new. Only Mr 10. And usually when I want something I just ask for either where to find it/if someone could help me get it. It's really lame to make someone waste their stuff on you when you could get it yourself just as easily. And I usually found one or two people that are willing to help me or sometimes or even trade the item(in the case of stance mods) I usually try to give them something of semi good value in return but usually they don't want anything lol. But yeah. Begging is kinda lame. 😕

• Like 2

I like to invite the ones begging for plate to my dojo... Then I proceed to initiate the trade and then cancel it just as it’s about to be final and pretend I don’t know what happened. 

I repeat this 4 or 5 times before they finally catch on and say something snarky and leave. 

Then I proceed to PM them begging them for the plate I was going to give them. 

Ive done this at least 20 times, the whole time I’m laughing so hard.

We need to make a stand and troll the beggers!!!

Edited by (NSW)Austee

3 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

They're annoying af. There was once someone who wanted me to help him run kuva siphon missions for 50plat.

I told him to give me 10 before and then 40 afterwards. He refused and told me that he had others willing to do it without the upfront cost. I told him bye.

2 minutes later he starts moaning at me. I didn't even believe he actually had the plat so I told him to go into a trade and put the 50plat on the table. He doesn't need to give it to me, just prove that he has it at least.

He refused and called me selfish because I wouldn't let him scam me

I'm sorry, but why are you charging plat to run kuva siphon missions...? That seems like the scam here, not the guy sketched out by you requesting he put plat in an empty trade box just so you could look at it.

Also, because I've seen you misusing the word all over the thread - the word you're looking for is beggar.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sinnae said:

I'm sorry, but why are you charging plat to run kuva siphon missions...? That seems like the scam here, not the guy sketched out by you requesting he put plat in an empty trade box just so you could look at it.

Also, because I've seen you misusing the word all over the thread - the word you're looking for is beggar.

I'm not. He said he would give plat to do it.
I'm not gonna turn down free plat

5 minutes ago, sinnae said:

People begging for free stuff are begs

I don't spend alot of Time in Region Chat so I don't know if its that annoying. 

If they want to beg I say let'em beg... theres no rules against it as far as I know. 

The only thing bugs me is if they beg me directly or some hoodwink tries to Bamboozle me into Charity....

For example I was running around Cetus assembling Zaws with Hok when some stranger not in my friends list messaged me about Axi L4 Relics.... I thought he wanted to do a Radshare so I accepted his invite.... then rather than loading into a fissure I was dragged into the Dojo where he wanted me to give him my relics....

And.... thats when The Begging Started.... such a shame.... seemed like an other wise nice guy....

This happens in Trade chat too....

Someone wants to buy something for X Plat.... you tell them to invite you.... and you get to the trading screen and rather than seeing platinum you see.... sigh.... Primed Junk and Ayantan Treasures....

Not Cool !!!

Don't lie in trade chat.... 

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Someone wants to buy something for X Plat.... you tell them to invite you.... and you get to the trading screen and rather than seeing platinum you see.... sigh.... Primed Junk and Ayantan Treasures....

Not Cool !!!

I don't get why people do this. It's happened to me once, and they the guy just kept persisting that I am obliged to give it to him.

Then after spamming me and me saying no for the 20th time, he says

"thanks for wasting my time, loser"

I cannot be bothered with people like that

Edited by WoodedSkate89
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

I don't get why people do this. It's happened to me once, and they the guy just kept persisting that I am obliged to give it to him.

I'm Instantly ignoring anyone who does this from now on....

Last thing I want in a game this grindy is soneone wasting my time....

I have farming Nidus Systems for that....

• Like 1

I was begging only once. And not for handing me something.

I asked in recruit chat: "Help me farm 'Rage' mod". Then some guy just invited me in Dojo and gave it to me. I asked him what can I give in return, but he said that it's free. And then he added: "Helped you farm 'Rage'. Good luck"

7 часов назад, (XB1)LumiX y0 сказал:

I get them to meet me in maroos but never turn up just end up trolling them more then anything hahahaha 

Wahaha, great idea. Only for such thing I'd turn region chat ON 😂

16 минут назад, Magicfingers сказал:

i wouldn't consider that begging...you were asking for help and willing to work for it

Oh, stop it, you...

Even then I considered it as begging, since I thought that someone would waste his time just to satisfy my need.

And even after 1-2 minutes of loading into and out of Dojo, after that guy told me "It's free", I was feeling kinda guilty...

Edited by bl1te
Typo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, (XB1)LumiX y0 said:

I get them to meet me in maroos but never turn up just end up trolling them more then anything hahahaha 

How do you not turn up??? You'd naturally be in the squad and therefore dragged to maroos

And squadmates have a special marker on the map... So it's not like you were hiding...

Edited by WoodedSkate89

I don't see many people begging because i don't read the chat anymore but the last times  i gave 100 plat to a poor guy and a rubico riven for free to another guy because he said he was too poor to buy one.

Edited by bibmobello

9 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I don't spend alot of Time in Region Chat so I don't know if its that annoying. 

If they want to beg I say let'em beg... theres no rules against it as far as I know. 

The only thing bugs me is if they beg me directly or some hoodwink tries to Bamboozle me into Charity....

For example I was running around Cetus assembling Zaws with Hok when some stranger not in my friends list messaged me about Axi L4 Relics.... I thought he wanted to do a Radshare so I accepted his invite.... then rather than loading into a fissure I was dragged into the Dojo where he wanted me to give him my relics....

And.... thats when The Begging Started.... such a shame.... seemed like an other wise nice guy....

This happens in Trade chat too....

Not Cool !!!

They all look nice when they expect they can get something that way.

8 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Ok, maybe not all. :'D

This might actually be a recruiting tactic of the beggar mafia to try to turn others into beggars with some strange goal in mind.

Maybe they want to beg until no one has any plat or anything left to trade, so they can become the ultimate beggars who beg for Primed Chambers as no one would have anything else to give.

Then they proclaim themselves godlike beggars and consider that as like they won the game.

The reason we have baggers is some people give them stuff. Why do they do this? No exposure to the real world yet? Think people online are different?

i saw on a blizzard forum for WC3 people asking for the full game and people giving in. It baffles me. Who gives 50$ away for a game to some one who does not need it. They need to use that time to get a job.

Also if you have sooo much money that you just don’t care you must have employees so maybe pay them more I don’t know. I just don’t see a reason to be throwing away like 2-3 hours work on some lazy guy who really does not need it.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

The reason we have baggers is some people give them stuff. Why do they do this? No exposure to the real world yet? Think people online are different?

Lack of exposure still can't be the sole factor though.

It also takes an extreme amount of self-entitlement and/or maybe not even knowing the given item's value.

Relying on someone elses blind altruism also isn't right, so they aren't innocent in that case either.

But anyways it's true, no one should encourage this sort of behavior, the faster it's ignored, the faster it dies out.