Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lua caches

(PSN)KyomaSatomi

Question

Lua has some tricky spots that you definately want those mods above.   Sometimes you start and there is a broken bridge and you have to take the left or right path... except there are two huge pillars off to the sides and caches can be on those but you would never think to go over there and check em out.   

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

BTW.... you can use Limbo's Cataclysm to smash More Crates... should help things move along faster....

^ really good advice! +Range (+Efficiency so you can cast often), sabotage caches show up as loot on your minimap but regular lockers don't. Casting 4 will break every container/resource in your range, anything left behind after you vacuum up everything will be a cache, ayatan, syndicate medallion, etc.

(And remember to jump up and down from time to time, because your radar shows everything on your horizontal plane but can miss things on a different vertical axis. Not sure if the radar range is sphere-shaped or what.)

2 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

easy

latest?cb=20180624165105 latest?cb=20171007155111 latest?cb=20171007151240

Those don't normally detect lockers of any kind, though containers are usually with lockers, that is not always the case.

The best way to find secret caches is to turn off any music in the game or otherwise and listen for the caches (because they make a sound).

EDIT: Just tested, secret caches do actually appear with Animal Instinct on both Lua Crossfire and Void Sabotage. So I stand corrected... But with the number of containers in any map, you will be able to basically skip most containers on radar simply by listening for the secret cache's sound.

Edited by nslay

13 minutes ago, nslay said:

Those don't normally detect lockers of any kind, though containers are usually with lockers, that is not always the case.

The best way to find secret caches is to turn off any music in the game or otherwise and listen for the caches (because they make a sound).

EDIT: Just tested, secret caches do actually appear with Animal Instinct on both Lua Crossfire and Void Sabotage. So I stand corrected... But with the number of containers in any map, you will be able to basically skip most containers on radar simply by listening for the secret cache's sound.

Caches show up and lockers don't. That is the whole premise of catabombing an entire tile.

14 minutes ago, sinnae said:

We're making a distinction between sabotage caches and ordinary lockers, clearly...

Anyway, you can actually find all the secret caches faster by just listening for their sound. You don't even really need loot mods. And the reason it's faster is because you're not spending time breaking crates or visiting rooms that obviously don't have a cache owing to the lack of sound (which is audible quite some meters away!).

EDIT: Here's an example. No loot radar mods, just listening for sound... but I do have extreme familiarity with the Void tileset! I'll do the same with Lua caches.

Third cache

Spoiler

FbC6gYV.jpg

Time for score screen

Spoiler

sKvLhFb.jpg

No loot on radar...

Spoiler

RkVWh0q.jpg

Edited by nslay

9 minutes ago, nslay said:

Anyway, you can actually find all the secret caches faster by just listening for their sound. You don't even really need loot mods. And the reason it's faster is because you're not spending time breaking crates or visiting rooms that obviously don't have a cache owing to the lack of sound (which is audible quite some meters away!).

For you maybe.... I can't hear those Caches if im not in the same room as them....

Not only that.... if you want something badly you might begin to think you heard a cache chiming when it was probably just the wind or whatever. 

Not an issue with Loot mods and Limbo.... 

See anything on your map ? 

Hit it with a Cataclysm then swoop in.... can clear every room in roughly 5 Seconds...

I think thats pretty effecient....

Limbo can also do some of the Drift Challenges pretty easily so he's good for that too....

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Not an issue with Loot mods and Limbo.... 

Turn off your music! Loot mods show lots of loot with no discrimination for secret caches. I'm not saying it's not nice to have, but as you can see from my example... you don't really need any that.

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

Turn off your music! Loot mods show lots of loot with no discrimination for secret caches. I'm not saying it's not nice to have, but as you can see from my example... you don't really need any that.

Well we're not going for bare minimum requirements here.... thats a bad way to go about farming anything in Warframe....

Use whatever advantage you can get.... it will make the process alot less frustrating....

Also I turned the music off.... I still hear things that sound like chiming.... 

Loot radar is definitely a must, but most people forget that its horizontal range is much greater than its vertical range.  On many tile sets, and Lua in particular, caches can appear pretty far above or below the usual "floor" level.  Get in the habit of having your map in full view mode and bullet jumping straight up every once in a while to check the rafters, as well as dropping down to check the basements. 

Honestly these days I find more caches with my ear than anything else, and that's with Octavia and Metronome blaring all the time.  However, that's probably because I already know all the nooks and crannies where caches appear.

9 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Well we're not going for bare minimum requirements here.... thats a bad way to go about farming anything in Warframe....

Use whatever advantage you can get.... it will make the process alot less frustrating....

Also I turned the music off.... I still hear things that sound like chiming.... 

In my view, relying on loot radar to guide you for secret caches is actually a disadvantage... So you spend 5 seconds with Limbo and Cataclysm to clear crates in a room. I just run by because there's no sound... if there's no sound, there's no cache. And I use the same trick in Cetus cache-finding bounties and some Fortuna cache-finding bounties (indoor/cache caches... outdoor caches have smoke signals).

For Syndicate Medallions there is no question that loot radar is a must... They don't make any sound. You have no choice but to sort the loot out from radar.

34 minutes ago, nslay said:

EDIT: Here's an example. No loot radar mods, just listening for sound... but I do have extreme familiarity with the Void tileset! I'll do the same with Lua caches.

Third cache

Reveal hidden contents

FbC6gYV.jpg

Time for score screen

Reveal hidden contents

sKvLhFb.jpg

No loot on radar...

Reveal hidden contents

RkVWh0q.jpg

I'm not seeing how this is more optimal, but whatever works for you. Not advice I would give to anyone else though.

Plenty of people are more visual, or are hard-of-hearing, or play with music/Netflix, or don't like to wear headphones or blare their game volume. Catabombing with loot mods basically puts an X on your map where the caches are.

I find Warframe players (maybe gamers in general) have this stubborn habit of obstinately recommending more obscure/less optimal methods as a roundabout way of flexing their own game knowledge. If a beginner asked me how to better find caches, I'd tell them to use mods specifically designed to help them find caches.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nslay said:

In my view, relying on loot radar to guide you for secret caches is actually a disadvantage... So you spend 5 seconds with Limbo and Cataclysm to clear crates in a room. I just run by because there's no sound... if there's no sound, there's no cache. And I use the same trick in Cetus cache-finding bounties and some Fortuna cache-finding bounties (indoor/cache caches... outdoor caches have smoke signals).

I don't know if you realise this but this advice is kinda ony specific to you and your ears....

Also.... Theres... you know.... Resources.... Lua has Neurodes as one if its resources. That by itself is reason enough to smash all the crates....

And hey... who knows.... you might get an Ayatan Treasure.... I wouldn't count on it but if Octavia Systems isn't droppinh then why leave Empty Handed when you can walk away with Some Nuerodes....

Both methods are viable jesus.  Who cares which is best.   Let the op decide what works for him.  

What was said about Limbo is the first time I have heard his name and not wanted to punch a kitten.   I use valkyr's cry to smash stuff all the time.   Using limbo to do it sounds fascinating.... I just dont know if I can overcome my extreme hatred of him lol.  

23 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Both methods are viable jesus.  Who cares which is best.   Let the op decide what works for him.  

What was said about Limbo is the first time I have heard his name and not wanted to punch a kitten.   I use valkyr's cry to smash stuff all the time.   Using limbo to do it sounds fascinating.... I just dont know if I can overcome my extreme hatred of him lol.  

Because telling someone struggling to find caches "just hear them" is like telling them "just find them." They...can't. If they could hear it, they would have found them already and wouldn't be here asking us for better methods.

5 minutes ago, sinnae said:

Because telling someone struggling to find caches "just hear them" is like telling them "just find them." They...can't. If they could hear it, they would have found them already and wouldn't be here asking us for better methods.

As opposed to telling someone to destroy any and all indication of loot on radar to find caches that already reveal themselves with sound? I originally mastered Naeglar and Void Sabotage without ever using any of these tricks or loot mods... And you know what, it probably would have taken me longer if I was staring at all possible indications of loot on my radar. Not only that, you can actually hear secret caches that are above or below you when they're not visible on radar. If you're not deaf or hard of hearing, you do not need anything fancy for finding secret caches efficiently.