Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mastery 9 -> 10 Test Is (Too) Difficult

JungleHarmdinger

I have had no issues with previous tests. Though one could argue these tests are too easy, the new test to get to Mastery 10 I've found to be very difficult, but not in a challenging way. In this test you must take out a certain number of enemy targets that are standing up on platforms. There are 9 floating platforms that you can jump to in order to accomplish this, but these platforms are disappearing. I have failed this test three times thus far, because as far as I can tell there is no indication of when a platform will fall, or which platform will fall next (I also haven't been in mission very long because I keep failing so fast to falling platforms, even when I jump around fast). I just tried the test right now and after jumping on the first platform to start the test it immediately disappeared, and I fell. This would be fine, because you get two attempts at the test, if it restarted me back at the beginning, which it did not; I spawned in the middle of the air over a now disappeared platform and failed the test. I am all for challenges, but this test seems a bit too buggy/about luck/whatever at the current moment and could definitely use some tweaking. I love the idea of taking targets under a time limit with an environment pressure, but some indication of how that pressure works would be awesome. Thanks! =D

Yep, recurring issues with lots of players. I was lucky with that one, as it spawned me once in the air, but the second time was on the platform.

We're definitely working on it ArchReaper! Mastery Tests are currently a bit wonky :(

Edited by Casardis

• 3 months later...

If you're attempting this test, there are some things you should know. 

Firstly, each individual platform will only start its countdown once you've jumped onto it (but will not stop if you jump off).  So wait for as long as possible to jump to new platforms.  Secondly, the enemies are all level 1 (or at least, extremely weak), so bring a weapon with a high fire rate and a large magazine in order to mow them down quickly (any machine gun will probably do).  Thirdly, bring an aggressive sentinel with a decently modded-weapon on it.  Dethcube's machine gun is probably the best, as it is accurate and fast.  The sentinel will actually do a lot of the work for you. 

Of course, the above advice won't help you if the test glitches out.  But barring that, you should have a couple of platforms to spare by the end. 

this test is actually very easy you just need to kill off enemy as much as you can before the platform extinguished you could use an atempt to measure the time each platform last , then you  use the second atempt to finish the test , i done this test while using a vectis so using a soma is sandbox ( not bragging ) but if you can get the timing it should be no problem , my rank 12->13 test is the same but slightly harder... if one couuld do it  so can you , you just need to practice more. failing alot dosen't matter at all actually. just try your best. =)