Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The AFK Mentality

Lutesque

So... I've been farming nidus components lately and I keep encountering people with AFK mindsets...

Now really this isn't an issue for me.... if you want to be lazy then you do you.... but.... here's the thing....

You build is kinda rubbish....

You Dangle Dome Can't Kill Anything....

Your Stasis Duration is Too Short...

Your Bubble is either not big or small enough...

Your World On Fire Doesn't Deal Damage....

Your DoT on Maim doesn't deal Damage....

Your Hallowed Ground Doesn't Deal damage....

I could go on and on....

It seems like the people who want to AFK content are never using the proper build to do so....

Which makes sense.... if you're too lazy to do content then its likely that you've never grinded powerful mods and lots of Endo  that would allow you to AFK properly in the first Place....

So now your Dangle Dome just holds up mission Progress because you're not killing anything....

The enemies just dangle there.... 

Great for Interception and Excavation... not so much for Defense and Salvage...

I know im targeting Khora players more than anyone else but this Lazy Dangle Dome strategy is starting to spread and if it continues then shes just going to wind up with the same Stigma as Limbo....

Please.... don't try to AFK If your build sucks.... your laziness just pisses off evetybody else.... or worse.... gives a false impression of how effective they are being towards the goal....

Especially you Khora.... you're officially being put on Notice. 

• Like 4

The only time I ever AFK'd in a defense mission was one time when a Sayrn Volt and Equinox were fighting over who could get the most kills (full blown arguments and everything).

I was an Excalibur and I outright couldn't react fast enough to get more than like 5-6 kills.

• Like 5

Two days ago, there was an interception sortie and a MR27 Wukong went AFK right after moving to an interception point at about 30 seconds. After extraction, he shows up and happily chats that he was still useful. He did not die and his twin killed more enemies than an MR8 Excalibur who was non-stop running around with the blade all over the place. 🤣

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

It's always so satisfying to watch the afk player to keep going to the next 5 waves of defence by not choosing anything, while the rest of the team leaves...

Does this make me a bad person?

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO LOVED THAT HAHAHAHA

31 minutes ago, Aldain said:

The only time I ever AFK'd in a defense mission was one time when a Sayrn Volt and Equinox were fighting over who could get the most kills (full blown arguments and everything).

I was an Excalibur and I outright couldn't react fast enough to get more than like 5-6 kills.

You're completely in your right, don't even worry. Id actually encourage you to afk whenever there's a Saryn since she actually benefits from having more targets to kill/taking longer to kill them

Edited by Learicorn

If I see more than 1 AFKer in my squad, then I just walk next to them and do the "Sit" emotion, waiting for mission to fail.

But if there is only 1 AFKer and others 3 of us are playing, then I just play. He could go away to open a door for parents or whatever.

As for me, I only "AFK" (not literally) in Mobile Defense mission as Khora or Limbo. Because you don't have to kill enemies to progress.

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

So... I've been farming nidus components lately and I keep encountering people with AFK mindsets...

Now really this isn't an issue for me.... if you want to be lazy then you do you.... but.... here's the thing....

You build is kinda rubbish....

You Dangle Dome Can't Kill Anything....

Your Stasis Duration is Too Short...

Your Bubble is either not big or small enough...

Your World On Fire Doesn't Deal Damage....

Your DoT on Maim doesn't deal Damage....

Your Hallowed Ground Doesn't Deal damage....

I could go on and on....

It seems like the people who want to AFK content are never using the proper build to do so....

Which makes sense.... if you're too lazy to do content then its likely that you've never grinded powerful mods and lots of Endo  that would allow you to AFK properly in the first Place....

So now your Dangle Dome just holds up mission Progress because you're not killing anything....

The enemies just dangle there.... 

Great for Interception and Excavation... not so much for Defense and Salvage...

I know im targeting Khora players more than anyone else but this Lazy Dangle Dome strategy is starting to spread and if it continues then shes just going to wind up with the same Stigma as Limbo....

Please.... don't try to AFK If your build sucks.... your laziness just pisses off evetybody else.... or worse.... gives a false impression of how effective they are being towards the goal....

Especially you Khora.... you're officially being put on Notice. 

I honestly don't care about people being lazy in long and boring grinds. As long as they're not AFK. And they're an easy frame that will do the work for them. So at least they're contributing.

I just leave the game if there's someone AFK in the first 5 mins

• Like 1

I think the basic premise of your complaint is flawed. There are plenty of AFKers who are fully minmaxed and extremely optimal, you're just not bothered by them because they give you no reason to be. So in your mind, they don't exist. Only the annoying and obvious AFKers do stand out enough for you to notice.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

It's always so satisfying to watch the afk player to keep going to the next 5 waves of defence by not choosing anything, while the rest of the team leaves...

Does this make me a bad person?

No, but it does make you petty.

Maybe its worth asking - why do people afk defence? Is it because defence is incredibly boring to play? Where you just sit in the same spot or mash buttons running a circle around the map while mobs with bad AI get stuck underneath stairs as they try to funnel towards you? Is it because game modes like defence don't play to any any of Warframe's strengths like its movement system? Is it because people are used to seeing a Saryn, Volt or Equinox wall to wall 1 shot everything on the map, so why the hell not just take your hands off the keyboard? Its not like you doing anything will make a difference.

Have you noticed that people don't really afk all that much in eidolon hunts or excav arbitrations? You know? Content where you curate a group to achieve a collective goal that requires everyone to be active or get completely wtfowned?

Maybe its defence thats the problem. Hell, even when I'm carrying regular defence, it only takes a few minutes before I feel myself falling asleep, so I can imagine how much worse it is for the people with no buttons to press.

• Like 1

Many  “AFK” builds just appear to be afk but still need input from players all the time and they can kill more than others if builds are optimal. And most of these kills don’t even register in the chart if the player is not the host so they may give others the impression that they are not doing anything.

What are some frames you think they appear to be afk all the time? 

Edited by George_PPS

4 hours ago, novalery said:

Stories like these makes me miss the bug where we can kill other player.

yeah. i did it once or twice to afkers... then pretend i didn’t know what happen. 

Its called "Radiation proc". 

3 hours ago, Ahniar said:

😧

Does self damage also proc status? I'll have to try it out...

It can, or atleast could. Im not sure if they changed that. The problem with trying to proc status on yourself, is that you are alot likely to kill yourself in the process.

2 hours ago, LunaSelenis said:

It can, or atleast could. Im not sure if they changed that. The problem with trying to proc status on yourself, is that you are alot likely to kill yourself in the process.

Nope rad proc only occur at certain places

7 hours ago, George_PPS said:

Many  “AFK” builds just appear to be afk but still need input from players all the time and they can kill more than others if builds are optimal. And most of these kills don’t even register in the chart so they give others the impression that they are doing anything.

What are some frames you think they appear to be afk all the time? 

Yup this, unless im the host else my wukong afk setup doesnt register at all and it looks like im pure afking.

9 hours ago, Lolacrayola said:

No, but it does make you petty.

Maybe its worth asking - why do people afk defence? Is it because defence is incredibly boring to play? Where you just sit in the same spot or mash buttons running a circle around the map while mobs with bad AI get stuck underneath stairs as they try to funnel towards you? Is it because game modes like defence don't play to any any of Warframe's strengths like its movement system? Is it because people are used to seeing a Saryn, Volt or Equinox wall to wall 1 shot everything on the map, so why the hell not just take your hands off the keyboard? Its not like you doing anything will make a difference.

Have you noticed that people don't really afk all that much in eidolon hunts or excav arbitrations? You know? Content where you curate a group to achieve a collective goal that requires everyone to be active or get completely wtfowned?

Maybe its defence thats the problem. Hell, even when I'm carrying regular defence, it only takes a few minutes before I feel myself falling asleep, so I can imagine how much worse it is for the people with no buttons to press.

So the mode is boring for you? Me too, that's why I do my best to speed it up and get it over with.

I have a super duper easy solution for you if those missions bore you: don't do them. I will afk if a pressing matter comes up and am okay with anyone doing the same. We do have lives.

If you join my mission to sit on your ass, make my mission longer then collect rewards? You deserve all the S#&$ you get and eventually I hope you get banned.

• Like 3

I dunno, I've read a lot of these afk threads and have to say it's very rare indeed that I personally see this.  

Occasionally on hydron someone will sit in a corner but, meh, so what?  Just means more enemies so can lvl quicker and more kills for me.  

I often see players who obviously don't have a good load out and on the end screen have done virtually no damage/kills but I don't mind that at all.  These players can often be mistaken for afk'ers I've found.

As for khora, on certain missions/maps I can throw up a cple of strategically placed strangle domes and lock down most the map.  No need to run about, that's not afk to me.  That's using her kit the way it was intended to be used.

I go in to a mission with a load out that allows me to complete that mission.  If other players join and can help great, if they join and can't we'll go as far as I can carry them.  

11 hours ago, LunaSelenis said:

As long as the wep doesn't have too much damage on it it does work, but only procs the native elements to the wep and not the ones we add (ie: radiation). My guess is that they removed that possibility to avoid trolling like this 😛

Could be a way to "remove" afkers but sadly it's impossibiru. 

Cheers