Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Modular Primaries

BLI7Z

Any news about modular primaries?

I'm asking because of the renaming primaries feature... I need to name my Vectis Prime "DECAPITATOR", to go with my melee and secondary: "DESTROYER" and "DESOLATOR"

Thank you for the info if there is any.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BLI7Z said:

Any news about modular primaries?

I'm asking because of the renaming primaries feature... I need to name my Vectis Prime "DECAPITATOR", to go with my melee and secondary: "DESTROYER" and "DESOLATOR"

Thank you for the info if there is any.

i'd just name my vectus Belt fed Vectus since depleted reload vectis prime just bang bang bang bang

I'd like Tenno design based Modular Primaries personally.

The Cetus Melee weapons have this weird Grineer/Cetus hybrid feel to me and the secondaries on Fortuna are Corpus scrap metal, so aside from Infested modulars only Tenno modular weapons are left.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

next up is modular archwings, not much left in the way of modular things, so unless they decide to make sentinels or aw weapons after that, primaries are the next logical step.

But sentinels are Sentients according to the lore, or maybe a new type of sentinel that is only made from robotic parts then

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

14 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I'd like Tenno design based Modular Primaries personally.

The Cetus Melee weapons have this weird Grineer/Cetus hybrid feel to me and the secondaries on Fortuna are Corpus scrap metal, so aside from Infested modulars only Tenno modular weapons are left.

Tenno modular primaries would be amazing. Also some infested modular things would have a very nice feel. I agree with what you say about Zaws and Kitguns.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

IIRC there was talk a while back of adding modular Primaries to Fortuna, but using the same Chambers we already have for Secondaries. personally I want them to make new ones, so these weapons can be totally different from Kitguns and Zaws. I'm sure we'll get them at some point though..

Also hope they are something unique, and not* some kind of recycling of Kitguns. True, eventually they will get here. 

20 minutes ago, seprent said:

i'd just name my vectus Belt fed Vectus since depleted reload vectis prime just bang bang bang bang

Depleted reload is the best IMO. Maybe lowers a bit it's DPS, but it feels much more consistent the way it makes Vecits Prime work. I always prefer those bang bang bang bang, instead of bang bang reload bang bang reload...

56 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

next up is modular archwings, not much left in the way of modular things, so unless they decide to make sentinels or aw weapons after that, primaries are the next logical step.

Forgot about that lol. Well, modular Archwings will start to show us how modular Warframes could work, if they intend to bring something like that someday. 

Edited by BLI7Z

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

could always base it off of alads amalgam tech

You sir, opened Pandora's Box there. I guess in a future we will be able to build our own Amalgans... In the whole meaning of it: Sentinels, weapons, mods, maybe even Warframes and Amps (though they are weak against Void energy, there must be a way to use that concept and technology mixed with Void energy). We've always used our enemies's weapons to our advantage. So Sentinel tech won't be different. 

I'm both kinda excited and not for modular primaries.

Looking forward to seeing if they add any unique effects to them.

Not looking forward to how they will replace primaries like how Zaws and Kitguns do to their weapon categories.

Just now, Xinoxlx said:

Not looking forward to how they will replace primaries like how Zaws and Kitguns do to their weapon categories.

Personally, Kitguns and Zaws didn't replace my Secondaries and Melee (mostly Pyrana and Orthos Prime). And I don't feel that I get outDPSed because of that. 

2 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

Personally, Kitguns and Zaws didn't replace my Secondaries and Melee (mostly Pyrana and Orthos Prime). And I don't feel that I get outDPSed because of that. 

I still use other melee, but if I'm going to go full tryhard my mewan I have a riven for just plainly out damages everything. Wolf sledge and Ninkondi prime are personal favourites as well, but even with the former also having a riven the plague kripath without one still tends to beat both and I don't have a riven for it either.

Pyrana prime is actually one of the few secondaries I use as well, but it sorta falls into the same category as catchmoon/tombfinger for me. It's a secondary that's good for mowing down hordes of enemies and has great ammo efficiency. The gimmick gets harder to proc though the stronger enemies you fight. It's not that I find myself only using kitgun secondaries it's again an issue of when I want everything to die in 1 or 2 shots a catchmoon is just too effective at it. Even beating out my primaries so that slot is normally reserved for anti nullifier weapon.

One of the few secondaries I haven't gotten yet is akstiletto prime and hoping it's as good as the normal one cause I really like the normal version.

44 minutes ago, Xinoxlx said:

This is basically how I feel as well. It's been catchmoon and critical heavy blade zaw ever since they came to be.

3 hours ago, BLI7Z said:

Forgot about that lol. Well, modular Archwings will start to show us how modular Warframes could work, if they intend to bring something like that someday. 

Btw modular archwings mean archwing arcanes and i really doubt they let us make modular warframes since that would clash with so much 1: what little balance is left in the game 2: fashion 

1 minute ago, bibmobello said:

Next will be a modular operator, you can have the legs of a giraffe, the thorse of a gorilla and the head of trump.

ok i can see that being hilarious though the last part is pretty dang specific got some reasoning? genuinely curious  

though id like some more modular or just stuff in general for operators

27 minutes ago, seprent said:

ok i can see that being hilarious though the last part is pretty dang specific got some reasoning? genuinely curious  

though id like some more modular or just stuff in general for operators

You can use the head of Nixon if you like.

5 hours ago, BLI7Z said:

You sir, opened Pandora's Box there. I guess in a future we will be able to build our own Amalgans... In the whole meaning of it: Sentinels, weapons, mods, maybe even Warframes and Amps (though they are weak against Void energy, there must be a way to use that concept and technology mixed with Void energy). We've always used our enemies's weapons to our advantage. So Sentinel tech won't be different. 

Except that amalgams are a fusion of corpus and SENTIENT tech.  Now, who was it who the Warframes were created to destroy?  Who was it who seems to have taken the leader of the warframes and used them to destroy the orokin?  Who is (supposedly) about to start a new war?  Oh, that’s right, the sentients.  I don’t see them letting us use them to build better guns to destroy them with at any point in the foreseeable future.  Cool idea but way too out of whack with the lore.