Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Run Option

Worsin

I get why people rush through certain missions.  The design of the game and the way people have to farm for blueprints and other things encourages people to blaze through ignoring everything in the mission to complete the objective.  The problem is there is no way to control this or choose how you want to do the mission.  For those that want multiplayer but also want to take our time and open lockers along the way, we have no choice but to solo most of the time if we want this type of gameplay.

Lets face it, assassination missions are particularly stupid for most players that want true coop.  These missions are simply a contest on who can get there first to 1 shot the boss.

So my idea is similar to the setting for plublic/solo, add an option to match players with the type of play they want, casual or speed run.  Give us a way load in with like minded players that may not want to rush through the mission.  I do not see how this would be a difficult thing to add.  Give me the option to filter out all the rushers and give the rushers a way to ensure they load in with others that want to finish as soon as possible.

Everyone wins here, I do not see a downside to this.

Edited by Worsin

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

While I myself don't see anything wrong with your idea, I must still say that this is what recruit chat and clans are for. 

A lot of people are not in a clan like myself and trying to troll recruit chat for every single mission you do is far too time consuming.  A simple option would make it FAR more enjoyable, i do not want to have to sit and form up a group for every mission i do if i want to take my time and play casually.

TY for your response though!

The main reason why people are speeding running is because as it is right now, it is very often far more efficient to speed run than casually opening up lockers, as the lockers give minimal resources and does not justify the time required to do so. It is far more efficient to go to a certain "lootcave" (nodes that give abundance of particular resources) to grind for any resources you are looking for.

Unless DE significantly amps up the resources dropped from lockers, I don't think there will be many people picking the "casual" option that you are suggesting.

2 minutes ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

The main reason why people are speeding running is because as it is right now, it is very often far more efficient to speed run than casually opening up lockers, as the lockers give minimal resources and does not justify the time required to do so. It is far more efficient to go to a certain "lootcave" (nodes that give abundance of particular resources) to grind for any resources you are looking for.

Unless DE significantly amps up the resources dropped from lockers, I don't think there will be many people picking the "casual" option that you are suggesting.

As i stated in my original post, I get why people do it.  That being said, I do believe most people rush but that does not mean all people rush or want to rush.  Even people that typically rush sometimes do not rush.

If you do a search on google about this topic you will find this has been an ongoing issue people have complained about for many years now.  I would bet that most newer players are not rushing content like the mr10+ players are.

Sometimes i do it myself and other times i just want to explore with other players.

1 hour ago, Worsin said:

I get why people rush through certain missions.  The design of the game and the way people have to farm for blueprints and other things encourages people to blaze through ignoring everything in the mission to complete the objective.  The problem is there is no way to control this or choose how you want to do the mission.  For those that want multiplayer but also want to take our time and open lockers along the way, we have no choice but to solo most of the time if we want this type of gameplay.

Lets face it, assassination missions are particularly stupid for most players that want true coop.  These missions are simply a contest on who can get there first to 1 shot the boss.

So my idea is similar to the setting for plublic/solo, add an option to match players with the type of play they want, casual or speed run.  Give us a way load in with like minded players that may not want to rush through the mission.  I do not see how this would be a difficult thing to add.  Give me the option to filter out all the rushers and give the rushers a way to ensure they load in with others that want to finish as soon as possible.

Really unneeded and a useless feature. 

If you wanna open every single container go on solo. 

This feature will be one of the most unused things in the game. I never see anyone opening containers in public, because very few people play like that.

This is just the weekly post about a speedrun option which has been argued to death. Just go in recruitment or your clan chat and say:

"LF resource runs"

2 hours ago, Worsin said:

Bad news Tenno. People who want to go fast, also usually have to solo. What you're seeing are people who are, for the most part, just doing casual, easy going runs. 

There will always be a "fastest guy" and a "highest dps guy" even in a no-rush queue. Someone's gonna get there first and do the bulk of the damage. If you want to play at your own pace, play solo. 

6 hours ago, Worsin said:

Give me the option to filter out all the rushers and give the rushers a way to ensure they load in with others that want to finish as soon as possible.

The only issue here is Those Rushers would actually be better off going solo....

And yet they choose not to....

I think the patient players should get paired with other patient players and the rushers should just fend for themselves....

They Don't really benefit from teaming up with Other Rushers....

4 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

I swear its always the rhino profile pictures that spam these over discussed topics

Didn't you also have a Rhino Glyph a few weeks ago ?

4 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

The only issue here is Those Rushers would actually be better off going solo....

I think the patient players should get paired with other patient players and the rushers should just fend for themselves....

You would think that Common Sense would finally prevail and people would notice this.   But.... NOOOPE. 

10 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Really unneeded and a useless feature. 

If you wanna open every single container go on solo. 

This feature will be one of the most unused things in the game. I never see anyone opening containers in public, because very few people play like that.

This is just the weekly post about a speedrun option which has been argued to death. Just go in recruitment or your clan chat and say:

"LF resource runs"

If its been argued to death then obviously a lot of people want it.  It would seem its unneeded for you but needed for all the people that apparently keep posting about it.

I have no idea where i would need to queue then as i normally find both the 110% meta no effort 'hardcore' nuke-rushing and taking an hour to complete a simple non-endless mission while checking all lockers for some inefficient and inconsistent resource gains to be irritating. 

But if all else fails i can still just go solo, so why not.

It's tough to really classify how fast or slow a player is. It's relative to the squad so it would be incredibly difficult to create a useful system from this concept. Take for instance,

Person A, break containers and kill enemies along the way.

Person B, beelines to objective, only does objective, ignores everything else.

Person C, kills every enemy from start to end but ignores containers/lockers.

Person D, kill most enemies and constantly opens up lockers in side paths.

Where do you draw the cut off in this situation? Person D would think everyone else except C is rushing but can also find that C is going too fast if he is proficient. A slower Person C can say that Person A is rushing. The only obvious case is Person B but everything else between B and D is a massive gray area. At the same time, the person who gets to the objective first isn't necessarily Person B because navigation and mobility is not a linear measurement.

That is, provided the system is even properly utilized. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people would leave it untouched or intentionally queue into the opposite just to annoy others. 

Edited by RX-3DR
  • Like 1

If its been argued to death then obviously a lot of people want it.  It would seem its unneeded for you but needed for all the people that apparently keep posting about it.

No because in each of the threads there's been loads of people who argue against it

Edited by WoodedSkate89

If you want to go on your own pace you should go solo. No public group will share your exact pace without someone having to adjust. Or you just go at your own pace and stop caring about how the people at the extraction point think about you. Because the reality is outside of a few toxic trashbags people dont care if you take your time. If I get to extraction I'm already tabbed out of the game.

And on the boss thing: most star chart bosses are barely mini bosses. They only survive more than one shot with healthgates and boring invicibility phases.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Didn't you also have a Rhino Glyph a few weeks ago ?

There is definitely a benefit in relic missions where your choice of a mission reward is potentially quadrupled.

There should be no public quick play. Everyone should have to select a hundred different tick boxes before each and every mission they go on so they only match with people who play exactly like them. Then, each player needs to have a 3 to 4 hour sit down interview with each other to ensure compatible personalities and confirm the mission objective. Finally, after signing sworn affidavits they'll be allowed to enter the level 3-5 exterminate on Earth.