Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Razorwing gets Tedious

KynaTiona

So as much as I love Titania, especially the ability to fly throughout levels, being limited to the same two weapons every time gets really tedious. As is, Titania is best suited to casting Razorwing at the start of a level and only uncasting it as long as it takes to activate a console, pick up an item, or replenish her razorflies. Since Razorwing replaces your equipped weapons and disables your companion, however, this means that you have basically zero control over your build.

While every other frame in the game can have their basic gameplay loop dramatically altered by switching out equipment, Titania will always play pretty much exactly the same. You get some limited influence over your base stats, but Dex Pixia's high damage and status proc will almost always lend itself more towards Corrosive, and Diwata's unimpressive damage will almost always lend itself towards Life Strike fodder. I understand that having Diwata override the melee slot is pretty much unavoidable, since normal melee aren't compatible with archwing, but it would be nice if I had some control over the rest of my build.

Letting me switch between Dex Pixia and my normal primary weapon would be nice, since it would at least give me a second option, even if most normal weapons aren't going to stand up to an exalted like Dex Pixia. Alternatively, letting her switch between Dex Pixia and the build's currently equipped archgun would be nice, since the archgun might better compare to an exalted and it would help complete her "archwing but in a normal mission" aesthetic. A slightly more involved third option would be to replace either Spellbind or Lantern (two overly similar abilities, in my opinion) with an ability summoning Dex Pixia separate from her Razorwing and Diwata. This would let her use either one at reduced cost, but more importantly would mean she could use Razorwing in conjunction with normal weapons.

I do love Titania quite a bit, but even so I'm starting to dread using her on account of how stale she's gotten. A game like Warframe really needs variety to keep itself interesting, and Titania...just doesn't have it. She's badly in need of attention.

I thought I was the only one thinking about it.

Let me also disable Dex Pixie and Divata and make razorwing free. This will help Titania a lot. And her skills should get more from the archwing style than just increasing the casting speed of the ability.

In fact, we have no problem with animations of conventional weapons:

Nikana:

Спойлер

PiVRU5w.jpg

f6ohv9c.jpg

Kitgun:

Спойлер

QHResDG.jpg

We can now call archwing weapons, though the animations need improvement (they break):

Спойлер

You can use all this in the main post.

I would prefer Titania to be in archwing mode all the time, reincarnating into normal mode only when interacting with consoles or using an operator. But it is from imaginations, as to allow Titania to change the wings, changing the characteristics of the h/s/a and her ability. Maybe someday they will create a companion for archwing.

I think this topic should be kept open. Unfortunately we do not have opponents to keep the topic in the top, although the problem is very significant.

It would be great if there was a way to bring this information to the developers. 

Edited by zhellon

Maybe it's because I like DexPixia but I have absolutely zero issue with that being her exclusive weapon when in Razorwing. In the event that I do find myself bored playing Titania (or literally any other frame for that matter) I just play another frame for a while, problem solved. 

That said I could definitely be talked into an overhaul of the rest of her kit cause the only abilities of hers that I ever really use are her 1 and her 4. Her 2 & 3 might as well not exist and IMHO could and should be replaced with virtually anything else. 

On 2019-08-19 at 5:34 AM, zhellon said:

I would prefer Titania to be in archwing mode all the time, reincarnating into normal mode only when interacting with consoles or using an operator. 

Better yet fix it so she can interact with consoles (as well as all other intractables) and switch in and out of operator without needing to drop out of Razorwing. 

As I have said many times before bonus points for giving her a custom animation that looks like she is really struggling to carry a full sized Datamass while all Pixied out. 

В 8/19/2019 в 12:34 PM, zhellon сказал:

You can use all this in the main post.

I would prefer Titania to be in archwing mode all the time, reincarnating into normal mode only when interacting with consoles or using an operator. But it is from imaginations, as to allow Titania to change the wings, changing the characteristics of the h/s/a and her ability. Maybe someday they will create a companion for archwing.

Then it turns out that Titania needs a second form to change abilities, otherwise we will have to put up with a constant drain of energy (which is bad and is one of the main problems), or its main form will become useless before archwing form. 

4 часа назад, Oreades сказал:

In the event that I do find myself bored playing Titania (or literally any other frame for that matter) I just play another frame for a while, problem solved.

Yes. The only problem is that Titania is the only frame with archwing mechanics and it is quite possible to make it more fun with normal weapons. Just go to the Open World, take a sniper rifle and try to complete all the quests on the wings. You'll see what I mean.

Le 19/08/2019 à 03:20, KynaTiona a dit :

1. So as much as I love Titania, especially the ability to fly throughout levels, being limited to the same two weapons every time gets really tedious. As is, Titania is best suited to casting Razorwing at the start of a level and only uncasting it as long as it takes to activate a console, pick up an item, or replenish her razorflies. Since Razorwing replaces your equipped weapons and disables your companion, however, this means that you have basically zero control over your build.

2. While every other frame in the game can have their basic gameplay loop dramatically altered by switching out equipment, Titania will always play pretty much exactly the same. You get some limited influence over your base stats, but Dex Pixia's high damage and status proc will almost always lend itself more towards Corrosive, and Diwata's unimpressive damage will almost always lend itself towards Life Strike fodder. I understand that having Diwata override the melee slot is pretty much unavoidable, since normal melee aren't compatible with archwing, but it would be nice if I had some control over the rest of my build.

3. Letting me switch between Dex Pixia and my normal primary weapon would be nice, since it would at least give me a second option, even if most normal weapons aren't going to stand up to an exalted like Dex Pixia. Alternatively, letting her switch between Dex Pixia and the build's currently equipped archgun would be nice, since the archgun might better compare to an exalted and it would help complete her "archwing but in a normal mission" aesthetic. A slightly more involved third option would be to replace either Spellbind or Lantern (two overly similar abilities, in my opinion) with an ability summoning Dex Pixia separate from her Razorwing and Diwata. This would let her use either one at reduced cost, but more importantly would mean she could use Razorwing in conjunction with normal weapons.

4. I do love Titania quite a bit, but even so I'm starting to dread using her on account of how stale she's gotten. A game like Warframe really needs variety to keep itself interesting, and Titania...just doesn't have it. She's badly in need of attention.

1. I'm really surprised you mention 2 weapons, i'm never using the sword. You have control how you build your dex Pixia.

2. It's pretty much a problem with any warframe with exalted weapons. Not just a Titania problem. I never leave my staff with my wukong, blade with my excal or use my regular guns on my Mesa for example.

3. So you're saying Dex pixia is overpowered, your solution archguns ? I really enjoys those guns. This plus flying is why i'm playing her. Can't say i'm using any other skill either. Ultimate is always connected to the exalted weapon, don't see the point to change that?

4. Good thing you can play other warframes too. That's the "variety" part right ?

Well, the thing is.... that's pretty much " her gimmick" ... like Infiltration Ivara being a warframe for spy missions.. Hildryn's mechanics, etc.

At first I thought Titania was boring as hell, until I unlocked her ulti... Her pistols just shred everything on sight.

Anyway, I don't how they would consider the balance behind that... but then again there are many Warframes with ludicrous mechanics anyway.

I gues they could make something like you press F (swap weapons) and then you swap between your primary and Dex Pixia ? In my opnion, the more options the better.

If DE can make it work, then... why not ? I think it would be fun flying around zapping everything on sight with an Amprex... or burning everything down with an Ignis Wraith.... that would be "meme" as fk..

she is a one trick pony, and needs to stay that way. she is a mobile battle turret and excels at it. what she needs is a prime version and some custom skins, as she has no skins right now, one of the few if not the only one without a whole body skin. also all of the exalted weapons need to be re-purchasable so you can have more builds with differently done polaritys, not just 3 builds with the same polarity.....

On 2019-08-21 at 3:54 PM, Brian770 said:

what she needs is a prime version and some custom skins, as she has no skins right now

She has the Solstice Skin... but that's only available seasonally and as part of a 350 plat bundle.

On 2019-08-19 at 2:20 AM, KynaTiona said:

Titania is best suited to casting Razorwing at the start of a level and only uncasting it as long as it takes to activate a console, pick up an item, or replenish her razorflies.

Alternatively, if her Spellbind had a shorter cast time, her Tribute sucked the buff straight to you instead of having to go fetch it, and her Lantern was fixed in place and affected all enemies within its radius, dropping out of Razorwing wouldn't be such a terrifying prospect. 😄

В 8/24/2019 в 8:21 PM, OmegaVoid сказал:

Alternatively, if her Spellbind had a shorter cast time, her Tribute sucked the buff straight to you instead of having to go fetch it, and her Lantern was fixed in place and affected

all enemies within its radius, dropping out of Razorwing wouldn't be such a terrifying prospect. 😄

It's a choice between the things that most frames do and the things that others can only do in open worlds. " dropping out of Razorwing" no problem. I can always take another frame. Simply, it turns out that the restriction on archwing mode prevents the game on Titania. And to choose between Titania on the first three abilities and archwing Titania, like having to choose between Wisp and the current Titania. These are realities. Better abilities will make her better, but will not make her more useful and interesting, because there are more professional frames in this regard. And if you also have shortcomings in energy, it further complicates everything. 

Edited by zhellon

The part about archwing mechanics preventing Titania from [X] interactions is actually false, considering that regular achwing can let you pick up interactive objects and hack consoles in both the orb vallye and the plains of eidolon.

It's just that someone at De didn't want perma-flight Titania "for reasons" and found all the annoying ways to force players out of razorwing.

Her kit still needs a hard polish considenring how mediocre tribute and lantern are, her 1st ability needs to be castable without target to apply the self status removal without need of smashing yourself to the ground or nearest obstacle, razorflies should be a power, lantern is just her #1 + razorflies

and so on and so on...

What DE did when revisiting Nix & titania was just a "spit polish" of issuess that were there from ay one of her release and whent unaddressed 'till that moment - most changes were essential quality of life that the frame needed since launch

18 часов назад, Ikusias сказал:

It's just that someone at De didn't want perma-flight Titania "for reasons" and found all the annoying ways to force players out of razorwing.

Titania was developed much earlier than the open worlds. Razorwing  limitations are a consequence of covering up flaws that they did not want to deal. Now they just need to work on the animations and press ctrl + c, ctrl + v to transfer everything they have worked from skywing to Titania. Archwing is not a powerful ability, it does not kill, does not give invulnerability. It just makes possible to fly. And honestly, I don't see why it should be limited. 

Edited by zhellon

She needs a rework to make it worth while to not have to stay in Razorwing the whole mission in the first place. People only use it the entire time because the rest of her abilities aren't good, and she has no survivability outside of Razorwing (because Tribute is trash).

Rework her abilities to be more reliably useful, less overlap, and fix Tribute to be an effective defense on it's own. Then you could reasonably make Razorwing even stronger (higher exalted weapon damage, and spawns new razorflies with each kill)), but higher energy cost to encourage using in strategic, short bursts in addition to the rest of her kit...as opposed to instead of the rest of her kit..

Edit: This would also make the issue of only being able to use Exalted weapons in Razorwing irrelevant since you wouldn't be in that form as much.

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-

20 часов назад, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- сказал:
She needs a rework to make it worth while to

not have to stay in Razorwing the whole mission in the first place. People only use it the entire time because the rest of her abilities aren't good, and she has no survivability outside of Razorwing (because Tribute is trash).

People use it because it's fun. Like I said, people can change frames at the moment if they don't want to play razorwing. No need to wait for rework. Yes, her usual abilities need to be changed, but if you do it thoughtlessly, without purpose, then you just make her boring and people will still strive to build razorwing. That is, will that remake of her other abilities without alteration razorwing will make little difference. Remember that you can always change the frame, it costs you nothing.

21 час назад, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- сказал:
Rework her abilities to be more reliably useful, less overlap, and fix Tribute to be an effective defense on it's own. Then you could reasonably make Razorwing even stronger (higher exalted weapon damage, and spawns new razorflies with each kill)), but higher energy cost to encourage using in strategic, short bursts in addition to the rest of her kit...as opposed to instead of the rest of her kit..

And we don't need a powerful version of razorwing. We just want free archwing mode. Damage abilities still have a damage limit and current damage is enough for most content even at 100% strength. 

Resp razorfly for murder in my opinion is the most worthless concept. You can kill crowds of 30 levels, but you don't need butterflies. You will long to kill mobs level 500, but butterflies vital to you. This makes the concept simply useless. Razorfly is never used for damage.

And I don't understand what strategy you're talking about? We want to use normal weapons in the archwing mode of Titania because it opens the way to certain strategies like:

Спойлер

But I don't understand what strategy you're talking about. The limit for normal forms is simply meaningless. If you want me to leave archwing mode, make it interesting that it's what I want. Otherwise, as I said, the build will still be built around razorwing, because there are other warframes for everything else. 

Yes, I agree that the rest of it needs reworking, but razorwing is too strong and it needs to be shared. And in fact, I would suggest that Titania's abilities become separate wings, and Titania herself could equip any wings by altering her abilities. Yes, archwing's abilities are mediocre, but it will solve all her problems and make a powerful enough frame that allows you to choose any playstyle. But this is my fantasy. Personally, I don't care about her other abilities, because no one cares about them. Every statement people give me to understand that people don't know anything about the first three abilities and never used them as the main instrument. And I think that abilities shouldn't become the main tool, they should get buff, but shouldn't be the solution to all problems. Razorwing is the gameplay. It's not just an ability, it's a gamechanger. And in my opinion, it needs to be reworked to understand exactly what abilities Titania should have in both forms.The fact is that I can always take hildryn without abilities at all. Abilities are part of a frame set. I would like to have full functionality, not a beta version. 

Sorry about the ton of text. Just Titania full of potential, which you simply do not see, as not interested in archwing mode.