Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

gauss vanquish upgrades

(XBOX)WafflyLearner89

I know he is not even out yet, but I still find his abilities missing something. Don't get me wrong, I like all his abilities, its just that his passive, 1 and 4 could use some fun mechanics added to them.

For starters, majority of my ideas are inspired by platinum games Vanquish.

Passive: holding slide allows gauss to rocket slide around at a constant speed which slightly drains his gauge. Can be used as a drifting button for his 1.

1494453073-giphy-10.gif

4fQ1WVJ.gif

GloomyAdoredAmericancrow-max-1mb.gif

sliding.gif

1st ability

While running, gauss can hold the melee button when an enemy is in a 1 meter radius to grab the enemy and drag them across a surface (floor, wall, etc), heavily damaging the enemy. While enemy is being dragged, enemy should be rag dolling like crazy for comedic effect (and also cause why not?). Release melee button to slow down for a second to aim and throw enemy at others, acting like a kinetic projectile. (this idea was actually from god of war 2018)

1:05-1:10

Additionally, tapping the melee button will result in gauss quickly sucker punching an enemy with a jump kick

4fQ1WVJ.gif

1494453073-giphy-10.gif

4th ability

when activated, gauss is always sprinting and the sprint button now acts as a time slow down ability (a lot like vanquish mechanic)

-option to make the button a hold to activate or a toggle button

-would be a radius and not affect the whole map

-slows down enemies and enemy actions by 50%

-slows down gauss by 10-50% (can be adjusted to player's desired slow motion speed) along with his actions (allowing with planning attacks, dodging attacks, lining up shots and just looking awesome)

-will have an option to make the self slow motion affect apply only when holding the aim button or in general

-would drain gauge at a medium to slow rate

-work in progress ideas, but you get the idea

PBwrXXO.gif

dodging.gif

b0af74318563b449c62f7d8817e6fe4dca0fcc41

shooting.gif

TLDR:

gauss would play a lot more like the main character from vanquish and would be really cool in my opinion.

Edited by (XB1)WafflyLearner89
removed idea for ability 3 and modified idea for ability 4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, LunaSelenis said:

But Gauss isn't even out yet, which makes it way too early to post any kind of ability reworks, in my honest opinion.

true but technically, I'm not reworking any of his abilities. i'm just adding to them to give them more fun mechanics.

Would you be able to tell me what you think about my ideas anyway?

10 hours ago, Hyro1 said:

Gauss theme isn't speed,its energy conversion, none of these, except for maybe the passive would actually fit this theme

I kinda feel like speed is his theme but lets not jump down the rabbit hole (especially since no energy conversion was shown off since infinite energy was on and how his code name was running fan and how he was the fast friend to the big guy shown off recently).

His 1 involves him running fast and ramming into walls for damage. Why would it be out of place to have him drag an enemy while running or jump kick an enemy at the end of a run?

My idea for his 4 could be like kinetic energy zone that slows down time. Besides, that actually could be really cool and unique for this frame. 

I personally don't agree with your opinion, but its fine. Hopefully you enjoy gauss when he comes out

3 minutes ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

true but technically, I'm not reworking any of his abilities. i'm just adding to them to give them more fun mechanics.

At least wait till he's out. None of his abilities look bad to say the least. His 1 is ok, his 2 reduces incoming dmg and restores energy, his 3 seems to be a form of CC and his 4 is just a self buff which increases his dmg and speed. Nothing seems bad like for example garudas old 4 (the blender thing). Finally his kit isnt about speed but kinetic energy, which includes heat (when atoms move a lot in random directions) and cold (the absence of movement) .

9 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Vanquish was great. Totally hyped for Astral Chain.

Never got to play it nor did I really get into it due to it looking like it has no melee. maybe will look into it some day. Definitely was a diamond in the rough.

As for Astral Chain hyped cannot describe my excitement for this game. Looks really fun and I really hope this becomes an ip with sequels or something cause it looks like a blast to play. 

Nice to see someone with great taste 😁

by the way, what do you think of my ideas for gauss if you don't mind me asking?

2 minutes ago, BlachWolf said:

At least wait till he's out. None of his abilities look bad to say the least. His 1 is ok, his 2 reduces incoming dmg and restores energy, his 3 seems to be a form of CC and his 4 is just a self buff which increases his dmg and speed. Nothing seems bad like for example garudas old 4 (the blender thing). Finally his kit isnt about speed but kinetic energy, which includes heat (when atoms move a lot in random directions) and cold (the absence of movement) .

you make great points. However, you said his 1 is ok and his 4 is a self buff. I just want to add to them because they feel lacking and could use some fun mechanics. As for the theme, I still think my ideas can fit in nicely. I like his 2 and 3rd ability just fine.

Don't want to rework. Just add to them.

But if we were to ignore that, what do you think of my ideas?

3 minutes ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

you make great points. However, you said his 1 is ok and his 4 is a self buff. I just want to add to them because they feel lacking and could use some fun mechanics. As for the theme, I still think my ideas can fit in nicely. I like his 2 and 3rd ability just fine.

Don't want to rework. Just add to them.

But if we were to ignore that, what do you think of my ideas?

The suggestions for his 1 might be a bit to much for one ability, but i like the sliding part since it looks to offer more controll over his speed. The changes to his 4 on the other hand dont sound that good, while the enemy slowdown seems nice, the fact that it also slows down allies and gauss himself breaks this for me.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BlachWolf said:

The suggestions for his 1 might be a bit to much for one ability, but i like the sliding part since it looks to offer more controll over his speed. The changes to his 4 on the other hand dont sound that good, while the enemy slowdown seems nice, the fact that it also slows down allies and gauss himself breaks this for me.

not sure about what you mean for 1 being to much. would it be better if he could just drag enemies instead of also being able to jump kick them?

as for 4, my reasoning for slow down applying to allies and gauss is to allow for skilled shots or lining up shots (as seen in the attached gifs). as for allies, i was concerned that if they were not slowed down they could steal all the kills from gauss. While i would like to add the option for gauss to slow down when lining up, i now realize that slowing down allies is just not going to end well. Will edit the 4th ability now.

Thanks for the feedback and happy that you like the passive.

2 hours ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

I kinda feel like speed is his theme but lets not jump down the rabbit hole (especially since no energy conversion was shown off since infinite energy was on and how his code name was running fan and how he was the fast friend to the big guy shown off recently).

Thats not the energy I mean, although he does have an ability that does function like rage, I meant kinetic energy, that is why his abilities are centered around cold, heat and speed. 

4 hours ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

If i am being honest, i can not, because well, he's not out yet, so its really hard to say if i like the additions you made or not, since i don't know how he plays yet, which is also why i said thats too early yet. Since i was completely wrong with my assumptions about Wisp, i've decided to wait for something to come out first, before i flip the table. 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

Ok so the consent (obviously) is that we should wait and see. Should have seen this coming so fair enough. Will probably repost this a week after he hits pc.

Will you have played Gauss by that time?  IOW, do you even have a PC account so that you can try it out yourself?

1 hour ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

What does IOW stand for? And no I don't have a pc account. But others will have played him so I can get other people's opinions. 

IOW = In Other Words

So, you're going to present your opinions about how fun Gauss's abilities are without having tried them yourself?