Question

I encountered a scammer on the Switch recently, one that promised gifting a weapon by using a -75% coupon. Generally I'm very skeptical of those types of transactions, since there are no guarantees like normal trading. But, I gave it a shot for once hoping to find a good trustworthy enough person, unfortunately that wasn't the case.

I went to report him a few minutes later, only to find that the reporting system is bugged, I did all the steps but wasn't able to send the report. Leading me to post here.

I'm not looking for sympathy or anything. I and many other people have been scammed by the same person/user, and all of them have sent reports. However the user is still active, with no apparent repercussions to his/her actions even after many people have reported on this user. DE you really need to work on that, please. I don't really know how to report on the forums so I came here for some help to report this user, I would really appreciate it.

9 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Have you tried support? You can report the user there provided you have some evidence of that behavior.

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/

The Forums cannot help in reporting other players and there is a strict rule regarding naming and shaming here. Your best bet is through support.

Edited by Voltage

Support can't enforce any kind of under-the-table agreement you made afaik. The trade window exists for a reason. Next time someone offers something like this, ask yourself why this person didn't just buy themselves plat with their 75% off coupon and pass it on to you in a proper trade.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, sinnae said:

Support can't enforce any kind of under-the-table agreement you made afaik. The trade window exists for a reason. Next time someone offers something like this, ask yourself why this person didn't just buy themselves plat with their 75% off coupon and pass it on to you in a proper trade.

Because us players on console cannot buy plat with coupons. That is a PC only feature.

I own almost everything I want that isn't Tennogen or bundle, so the coupons are near worthless to me. I do offer them up for my friends to use (we're on comms, so trust is assured).

Edited by (PS4)Oberionne

Fair point, to be honest I wasn't so sure of those types of "trades". I just wasn't expecting the 1st person I ever try it with was a scammer. Anyway, learning experience I guess.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Oberionne said:

Because us players on console cannot buy plat with coupons. That is a PC only feature.

I own almost everything I want that isn't Tennogen or bundle, so the coupons are near worthless to me. I do offer them up for my friends to use (we're on comms, so trust is assured).

Ah, my failure to understand the full picture as a PC player then. Still, I would err on the side of caution and never make trades that depend on an IOU. If it's a fair trade, both parties will easily find other people to trade with. If it's too good to be true, well...you were probably gonna get scammed just like this...

A warning is given about this kind of thing in the trade chat tab. Basically DE doesn't enforce this kind of trade.

As far as reporting goes if it is against the ToS then you are in turn reporting yourself.

• Upvote 1

Il y a 17 heures, (NSW)Johnny_Joestar a dit :

promised gifting

It start well...

"Non-Warframe Item Trading: Trading in-game items for non-game items (including cash) is a violation of the Terms of Use/EULA, and can lead to your account being banned. If the items can't be traded within the Trade UI, it is not a supported trade."

"Can I trade for items or services not listed in the Trade interface?

No, trading is restricted to what is listed in the trading UI. Players trading for items or services not listed in the trading interface face removal of trading privilege, account suspension or permanent banning."

From: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200092259-Trading-FAQ-Safe-Trading-Tips

You should not be attempting to "buy" discounts codes as it is against the rules that you agreed to when you downloaded the game.

You were also trading for promises which the other party are not obligated to honor.

Only trade for items that can be trade using the in-game trading system.