Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Vault: Coming Changes

[DE]Megan

Tenno!

We’ll be making the following changes based on feedback to future Prime Vaults:

1. We are ending the current Nyx & Rhino Prime Vault earlier than normal to make way for a brand new one. The new end date for this Vault is September 3rd instead of September 17th, with a new Vault launching right after. 

2. Future Prime Vaults are being viewed by a few different factors to decide: have they ever been unvaulted and what data can we use (such as ownership, etc) to support the next rounds?

The Primed Vault program has undergone a lot of changes since its inception back in late 2015. We’ve added highly community-requested individual Accessory packs, changed the number of unvaulted Warframes in a Prime Vault, changed prices, and tried to change the overall cadence of when Primes get unvaulted. 

The short fact is some of these changes have been well received, and some understandably haven’t. Simply put, you guys have told us there’s too much repetition of the same thing (hello Nyx & Rhino, again). It’s great for Tenno who have yet to indulge in these repeated Vaults, but with roughly 3 Vaults per year, the repetition can get stale, and with more Primes entering the Vault with each new Prime Access, a change is certainly welcome.

With that being said, the next Prime Vault will be deadly contagious (ha ha) with Valkyr & Saryn! 

Another big change we’re discussing is geared towards the oldest content at large - Frost, Ember, and Loki have repeated too many times over the years. Our plan is to cycle in the oldest Vault content through gameplay and other offerings - stay tuned! 

It’s worth noting for transparency that Prime Access and Prime Vault sales are incredibly important to sustaining Warframe's continued development, and we treat your feedback with great influence. A lot of you are probably used to these kind of changes in our operations, but we want to always ensure we explain our reasoning.

Thanks for the years of continued feedback!  

12 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

We are ending the current Nyx & Rhino Prime Vault earlier than normal to make way for a brand new one. The new end date for this Vault is September 3rd instead of September 17th, with a new Vault launching right after. 

What a coincidence! I just bought the Nyx Accesories pack, looking forward to what cool goods you'll have for us in the future!

With that being said, the next Prime Vault will be deadly contagious (ha ha) with Valkyr & Saryn! 

Are the Items (Weapons and other stuff) gonna be revealed later or are they already revealed?

Thanks Megan. I'm hoping this means the Accessories coming with them will be their original PA stuff too -- please avoid mixmatching different packs, because now I don't think I'll ever be able to get the last Sugatra and Sigil I had left 😅 and I don't want to see people in the same situation.

Another big change we’re discussing is geared towards the oldest content at large - Frost, Ember, and Loki have repeated too many times over the years. Our plan is to cycle in the oldest Vault content through gameplay and other offerings - stay tuned! 

But I have a question here: What will happen to their accessories for newer players and how will the gameplay loop be made significant but not repetitive? Sounds like a good challenge.

Gerade eben schrieb (NSW)Neick1:

Are the Items gonna be revealed later or are they already revealed?

Usually the weapons will be their prime access stuff. So for Saryn the weapons should be nikana and spira for example. Accessories are not entirely set but they could be with what they came out aswell. Or it's Edo Prime again.

I think an important thing to note about the Vault is that its going to suffer a similar problem that lead to its creation in the first place, in that instead of having a massively and increasingly  saturated drop pool it will instead have an increasingly long cycle time of old primes being made available again.

15 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Valkyr & Saryn

I hope Valkyr prime operator suit & liset skin are coming back with her.... because you all have repeated that few same armor set all the time. Not sure what is wrong with the guy who planned these.

Yeah the repetition in the unvaultings could be felt; I agree, cool to see other vaulted primes getting to see the light of day again 😉

Curious how you will cycle back the oldest vaulted primes into gameplay, though. 🤔
Baro raiding the vault more often? Will we be recovering these from derelicts while running Railjack?

Anyway, eager to hear / see more.

Tbh with how many are vaulted and how often new things get vaulted why not just put vaulted items in void only relics and regularly rotate them along with having different packs for different vaulted frames. For instance you'd have 3 or 4 frames in at any given time but like prime access itd change roughly every 3 to 4 months

Archived