Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Vault: Coming Changes

[DE]Megan

November 22nd, 2016

This was the last time you could buy Nekros Prime Accessories.  Uru Prime Syandana and Acanthus Prime Armor

I started playing in August 2017.

So, since they gave away hundreds of thousands of Nekros Primes at tennocon 19 and number of people who own Nekros Prime is the factor if they will be unvaulted.

RIP my dream that after waiting 3 years I would get this fashion.

2 hours ago, Zendadaist said:

Ash and Trinity have been vaulted and their parts unobtainable for longer than either Saryn or Valkyr...

And both have also been given away free recently as part of Twitch rewards, so what's your point?  That you couldn't be bothered to watch a 30 minute Twitch stream to get two Prime frames?  They specifically said that they were gearing this towards frames that hadn't been available recently, and both of those have not only been available, but have been FREE.  I just don't get the compulsion some people have to complain regardless of the circumstances.

2 hours ago, Dualstar said:

I think an important thing to note about the Vault is that its going to suffer a similar problem that lead to its creation in the first place, in that instead of having a massively and increasingly  saturated drop pool it will instead have an increasingly long cycle time of old primes being made available again.

This is probably meant to address both of those issues

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Another big change we’re discussing is geared towards the oldest content at large - Frost, Ember, and Loki have repeated too many times over the years. Our plan is to cycle in the oldest Vault content through gameplay and other offerings - stay tuned! 

What if, for the older vaulted stuff, they were exclusive rewards for missions in the Void? Like replace the relic rewards with vaulted prime stuff that changes on a weekly basis. Maybe also relegate it to endless type missions only? Or just make them low drop chances. Just my idea on the matter.

Megan,

Is it possible...in the same vein to have relics looked at or optimized?   With so many relics out there...doing shares actually gets hard on vaulted frames since the relics are getting so diluted.   Right now there are 184 vaulted relics!     My guess from DE's side this isn't a big thing since you just keep adding numbers...but to the players (especially the vets)...this becomes a game of inventory "engagement".   

Nothing in the unvault pattern makes any sense anymore.. Who needs Valkyr Prime relics since even new players still got probably dozens, if not hundreds of those.. Who needs Saryn relics that badly, if she was available through other (free of charge) means not that long ago.. Unvaulting  Valkyr less than a year after her vaulting is laughable. Where's Ash? Trinity? Dual Kamas? I'm sure there are better candidates (Nekros?) for an unvault but come on...Valkyr??

28 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

Megan,

Is it possible...in the same vein to have relics looked at or optimized?   With so many relics out there...doing shares actually gets hard on vaulted frames since the relics are getting so diluted.   Right now there are 184 vaulted relics!     My guess from DE's side this isn't a big thing since you just keep adding numbers...but to the players (especially the vets)...this becomes a game of inventory "engagement".   

I agree with this sentiment. With the amount of Warframes and weapons currently available, 184 seems like far too much for what's already on offer. I have an idea as to maybe reduce that number (example below). Now, I know that there are parts available in multiple relics currently (like Paris prime lower limb being in like 3 different lith relics at least) but if a couple parts for each weapon and Warframe was available in only one relic, that would GREATLY expand what could be available before being vaulted. Not to mention, with Nightwave being the go-to thing for cosmetics, Auras, potatoes, etc. I feel like the best course of action would be to remove forma blueprints from relic drops altogether and place them as a Nightwave Cred offering similar to the Catalysts and Reactors, always available. 75 creds for the blueprint, not a fully built forma. 

As an example for my idea for the relics: 

Lith N1 (this is just an example)

Common:

Helios prime Chassis

Helios Prime Neuroptic

Soma Prime Receiver

Uncommon:

Soma Prime BP

Nekros Prime Systems

Rare:

Nekros Prime BP

[This would be the ONLY relic that has these items. Putting two parts for three different primes (one always being "vaulted" or "older") into one relic would reduce the amount of relics on offer and the removal of forma blueprints would allow more prime stuff to be put into relics. As it stands right now, there could be parts for up to 4-6 different primes in one relic, creating what Chappie said, too many relics, vaulted or otherwise.]

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Another big change we’re discussing is geared towards the oldest content at large - Frost, Ember, and Loki have repeated too many times over the years. Our plan is to cycle in the oldest Vault content through gameplay and other offerings - stay tuned! 

Ha ha ha ha ha...

Ha ha ha...

Ha ha...

Ha ha...

Ha... I wish I paid more attention to Frost Prime and Ember Prime back when they were out on Switch earlier this year. 😑

56 minutes ago, (NSW)russcal said:

The nerf to its energy drain via percentage. It wasnt like that before. I really love valkyr but now i feel jealous that wukong has the best exalted melee weapon right now cuz of his rework. Valkyr deserves more love too haha

Valkyr can't be as good as Wukong ATT because of one reason only: claws don't have range, being quite "underpowered" since it have absolutely no AoE capabilities (and since almost always you are dealing with hordes of enemies, her claws get old fast). You can have a really OP fork, but at the end, is a fork.

And i still can't see reason that the frame with most armor in the game have an ability that makes it immune to damage and heal (such unnecessary redundancy - with the right setup is hard AF to kill Valkyr, making her 4 just an exalted with no range that disrupt energy generation) tied with her exalted... IMHO all the weapons with no range need to be somehow reworked (or deleted) - too many weapons are MR fodders just because of this issue (and because stances, but this is another topic).

3 hours ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Exactly right.  I'm pretty perplexed has to how they came to thier conclusion to unvault Saryn and Valkyr. 

It's because Ash was available as a Twitch drop for TennoCon 2018, and Trinity was a Twitch Prime loot drop for over a year.

I don't particularly agree with it because it means some of the cosmetics won't return for a while, but that's probably why. Though then that's still confusing because Saryn and her weapons were lite-unvaulted at the beginning of this year during the weekend wars.

I think the big takeaway is that they'll be cycling other primes than just the six or seven they've done in the past, so it won't be long until Ash and Trinity are unvaulted.

>Loki has been repeated too many times over the years

>Was rereleased only twice

>Will never forget Arbiters of Hexis requiring Bo Prime Handle and doing that sacrifice against building it

>Will never forget how long Bo Prime Handle has been vaulted and Bo Prime consequently being grayed out on profile

Haha. That was a funnier statement than the Deadly Contagious description of Valkyr and Saryn's unvaulting. 

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Loki came back now for the second time, frost and ember yes they were too often but loki? especially at that price?

Il y a 6 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

With that being said, the next Prime Vault will be deadly contagious (ha ha) with Valkyr & Saryn!

Yes I wait for that prime loading screen and that tenno suite !!!

What about giving the prime noggle & glyphe with the prime accesorie pack ?

Archived