[DE]Megan

Prime Vault: Coming Changes

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Zendadaist said:

Ash and Trinity have been vaulted and their parts unobtainable for longer than either Saryn or Valkyr...

Trinity's prices remain tanked due to the whole "prime for prime" she was in. Plus people can heal themselves so easy to full these days. 

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 1

For gods sake, Please tell me the prime operator suit comes in a seperate pack just like the accessories.

• Upvote 1

What will happen with frost, ember and loki's accesories then?

10 minutes ago, JaycemeSwain said:

I highly doubt DE can give Valkyr a full rework to make her as good as wukong in like 3 weeks

If only, right?  Naw, I know-- I don't want a full kit rework at all; her kit on the whole is all right, but Melee 2.9 was ... like I get what they were going for by allowing Exalted Weapons to be hot swapped, but it doesn't feel right.  Excalibur's Exalted Blade was given a range component because it was too limited.  Hysteria is supposed to be Valkyr going full berserker and locked out of/committed to the role of ripping dudes in half with her bare hands.  It just doesn't feel "right," and in the case of Valkyr she feels like an unintended consequence of a good intention.  Lock her out of ranged weapons and (wish list) tweak back the scaling EN drain slightly and they've made the world right again, there. 

think they're revisiting aspects of it based on something Steve said during the devstreams (don't ask me for a timestamp) but like, this is a big big one.

(I mean in a perfect world I'd love for Ripline vs terrain to function like a Spider-Man swing (or Pathfinder's grappler vis a vis Apex) and get some cool dynamic physics and movement, but the Hysteria thing was like... forget a club, it was more like a Tigris Prime to the kneecap, and as far as I've seen I'm not alone in feeling this way.)

Barely related, but is there a chance of you releasing another PA without the constraints of the Vault?

There are some Prime items that are unbound from the vault and therefore always obtainable. Would be nice to see another release of such items.

52 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Our plan is to cycle in the oldest Vault content through gameplay and other offerings - stay tuned! 

I look forward to hearing how cycling in the older/est Vaulted Primes in other ways than Prime Vault will be done, mainly because I personally am concerned that with so few Vaultings, and so many Primes, there just won't be enough years for the Vault to cycle through all of them - and any new ones introduced along the way.

On that note I suggest reintroducing Void Keys* that unlock an endless Prime Void node which cycles through sets of 4 Primes (inc. their weapons' parts) on a 'frequent basis'** (24 Prime Accesses, not including Excal P - our 25th Prime Access is imminent, a celebration of this should be considered).

Or otherwise set up single-Prime Access-specific relic sets for every Prime and reintroduce Alerts that offer these as rewards? 

Spoiler

Blueprint of this could drop from Corrupted Vor, Stalker, and as a random bonus from opening a fluctuating number of Relics (4 or more) in a short period of time. Could just be pre-built.
Difficulty starts at base Void levels (level 15 or so) and only escalates on successful rotations. Relics are not required, but can be brought in for bonus rewards at the cost of having to grab twice as many Traces.

Spoiler

4 Vaulted Prime Access groups, starting with the first sets of male and female Primes. Shortest rotation through each 'pack' of 4 would be weekly.

And now for a tangent regarding old Primes.

Spoiler

-Burston Prime need a visual review. It's back has a black slab, the grip animation is improper. I don't like the look, and the new Burston skin(s) don't fit it right (the hand doesn't grip it properly even with the skin applied). It also looks very aged, like with Latron Prime.
-Latron Prime looks like a Corpus/Orokin weapon.
-Braton Prime has no clip, but reloads as if it does; could also do with a slight visual tuneup to look better than the new basic Braton.

Sub-tangents:

Spoiler

-Remember the Corpus Braton? In my opinion it should be reintroduced as a Braton variant that drops from Corpus soldiers, and introduces a more status and impact bent Braton.
-Stalker and his weapons have not been given the PBR treatment.
-Could also do with Sentient-amalgamized variants of Stalker's arsenal that have Prime-worthy stats, to fit with Shadow-Stalker as alt weapons since his range in combat is 'inadequate'. An Operator can laser him to defeat within 5 seconds.
-Taro throwing blade skin sits improperly on Revenant and Umbra.
-Many Primed frames and their signature weapons' non-Prime variants are not PBR'd. This visually clashes and is most visible on Rhino, Nekros, and the Grakata.

If you're commenting on this, note that these are just my mad ramblings, and thus I do not mind if you make alterations as needed...
Just so long as every Prime (exempting the Founders' Exclusives) can be obtained within the year, somehow, then I would be happy.

il y a une heure, [DE]Megan a dit :

next Prime Vault will be deadly contagious (ha ha) with Valkyr & Saryn! 

But ... We already got some kind of "unvaulting" of Saryn during the anniversary celebration this year ... And Valkyr got vaulted only last year ... ?
Why not Vauban and *think of the second, trinity was in the twitch prime, ash was also this year during some event I can't remember.* Hm... To me Saryn this winter is too close from its previous occuring with the anniversary celebration.

I speak as a full ingame economy player, I only get accessories from the vault cause I like them. One thing I noticed about the vault since august 2018 is that now it's way too easy to obtain relics overall, especially axi one for the vault that can be obtained on bounties. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, for the player to access them it's cool.
BUT !
Ingame economy-wise it's terrible, Rhino prime set hardly reached 200p value after nearly a year and boom back in the vault zblam lost a lot of trading value due to the too many in circulation. The problem is also that some frame are considered worthless due to gameplay, but mainly due to their rarity of obtention. Valkyr set reached approx 40p value, and I still got like over 100 relics to drop her parts. The joke is that I came back to Warframe in august 2018 and I managed to get over 150 relics of valkyr parts before she got vaulted. So I let you imagine the damn stock I have of all the vaulted-after. It's ridiculous how I can't open them all and sell them before the vault reopen for those items.

I don't have solution, but I saw a Devaluation of everything in game since the prime vault that introduced the vault relics on open-world bounties (approx on fortuna launch). Rivens fell down, maybe not cause of that, but they felt except for the godtier weaponry such as atterax, amprex, rubico godtier rolls with +3 good stat and -1 harmless that stayed arround 15k-30k plat.
But prime sets, idk, for more than three weeks Chroma was worthing a fair price and took long to fell under the 100p value. Mesa went down under the 100p value in less than 2 weeks. Equinox took only 3 days to fell under the 50p value. And I won't even speak about the weapons, nothing worth nothing anymore for whatever reason.

Same went for the corrupted mod since the "we can equip all key alone and go get the mod solo" they lost easily 50p value each, cause now they're too easy to obtain. Same for Kavats genecode, but still it's different cause Kavats have the collectionning market as the Kubrow got with the fur patterns and colors.

My constation is that too much of an item, op item or random item, make it loose a lot of plat value ingame. And maybe too easy to obtain ingame could make people less wanting to buy the prime access.

Anyway I hope my observations were usefull to you guys at DE, keep going this game is amazing !

(Any Railjack-Prime planned ? =D)

• Upvote 1

Hey there! Thanks for this post.
Im really happy to talk about Prime Vault Openings, because friends of mine and myself thought about that quite a bit.

Here is some data and my thoughts on that topic. If I got anything wrong, please let me know so that I can fix that!
- 9 Prime Frames have been vaulted, but never had a Vault Opening.
- 8 Prime Frames have been vaulted and had an Opening.
- Volt Prime was the latest new Frame that had a Opening on April 30, 2019 with Nova Prime on November 13, 2018 before that. These Frames had their Prime release March 24th, 2015 and December 16th, 2014!
- Currently the next Frame on the "into-the-Vault"-list is Mirage, who had her Prime release December 12th, 2017. Which means a Frame stays in the game for ~2 years before being vaulted.
- In order to not fall behind even further than ~4 years with new Prime Vault Openings (if they would stay at 3 per year) there has to be a "new old" Prime in every Opening and in one even two.

Based on these information what would my ideal scenario look like:
- Shorter time to wait and certainty: Reduce the time to wait until you can get what you want and reduce the amount of relics. A Prime Frame stays in the game for only half a year. A year after his Prime Access ended, he will get a Vault Opening.
- Scheduled Vault Items: The Prime Vault will contain every item that has its yearly anniversary, but the relics are distributed differently. Every Prime Vault Pack has its own set of rotating mission nodes where you can farm the relics, except the newest pack which has its first anniversary. It will drop normally like Prime Vaults do currently.
- "Just for Fun" Vaults: Maybe short seasonal Vault Openings for the start of Summer etc. that last only 2 weeks. These may not contain cosmetics and are tied to certain missions only.

This way the maximum time you would need to wait for your favorite Prime/Accessoires to return be one year.
Also the Prime Vault would not fall behind even more each year, because it is tied to the release of the Prime Frames.
My biggest issue with my idea is that it may look a bit weird to offer multiple Vault Packs at once with increasing in number every year. I would be fine with that, but that is a topic we would need to discuss as a community.

Thanks for reading!

• Upvote 2

Can we PLEASE just put them into the new game-mode for the prizepool of defending all 4 towers? Make us WORK for them but don't make it a super-hard grind like grinding the void is. (seriously, void capture is such a crap-shoot it's either 1.5 minutes or 5)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Etzu said:

(Plat Prices have been going down across the board)

you forgot to mention Crafted arcanes no longer need to be crafted with rare materials so stuff like magus elevates and hok's arcanes dropped like a rock in plat. now it's 10k standing and you get it pre-built. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

They need to stop the twitch Prime stuff. Also stops vaults altogether for awhile to build up the purpose of the vault. Theres no point trading anymore. 

4 minutes ago, (NSW)FrozenCalamity said:

Can we PLEASE just put them into the new game-mode for the prizepool of defending all 4 towers? Make us WORK for them but don't make it a super-hard grind like grinding the void is. (seriously, void capture is such a crap-shoot it's either 1.5 minutes or 5)

void unvault relics are supposed to be in void so that void is not dead and they do it in bounties too so that void isnt an HEAVY grind since they put all relics as a relic reward.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)FrostedJager said:

They need to stop the twitch Prime stuff. Also stops vaults altogether for awhile to build up the purpose of the vault. Theres no point trading anymore. 

There hasn't been a twitch "prime for prime" in months. You're wishing for something that already exists. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, (XB1)FrostedJager said:

they already stopped twitch prime stuff.

" Theres no point trading anymore. "
Forgot about new and returning players?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xMarvin732 said:

void unvault relics are supposed to be in void so that void is not dead and they do it in bounties too so that void isnt an HEAVY grind since they put all relics as a relic reward.

theres a difference of putting relics in the void vs putting relics in the void making their drop rate so tiny the relics alone are worth 50p even when actively dropping. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, xMarvin732 said:

they already stopped twitch prime stuff.

" Theres no point trading anymore. "
Forgot about new and returning players?

There's still plat to be made in trading prime frames. i'm not sure how big this new system will affect it but yeah. 

Edit: misunderstood this post lol

Edited by Fire2box

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

theres a difference of putting relics in the void vs putting relics in the void making their drop rate so tiny the relics alone are worth 50p even when actively dropping. 

yeah, thats why they need to reduce the amount of the type of relics that can drop in void for an example Wukong and the newly unvaulted relics only.

2 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

There's still plat to be made in trading prime frames. i'm not sure how big this new system will affect it but yeah. 

we will see, hopefully its not too big of an impact.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

The short fact is some of these changes have been well received, and some understandably haven’t. Simply put, you guys have told us there’s too much repetition of the same thing (hello Nyx & Rhino, again). It’s great for Tenno who have yet to indulge in these repeated Vaults, but with roughly 3 Vaults per year, the repetition can get stale, and with more Primes entering the Vault with each new Prime Access, a change is certainly welcome.

With that being said, the next Prime Vault will be deadly contagious (ha ha) with Valkyr & Saryn! 

How about other frames that have been vaulted before Valkyr like Ash, Vauban, Nekros?

Valkyr was literally vaulted not even a year ago, she was vaulted when Chroma Prime came and that was on 25th September 2018

Edited by xMarvin732
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, xMarvin732 said:

we will see, hopefully its not too big of an impact.

Hell I won't be scared to say it in front of Digital Extremes devs. I actively use my plat to invest in prime frames as asides tennobaum and now stupid expensive roomba drones I have nothing to spend it on. Example: I bought my way up to 25 ember prime sets for around maybe 50p each and ended up selling them at 150p a set. I currently have 15 rhino sets buying 4 more today knowing it'll vault sooner then later now. And have bought over 20 mirage prime sets as she's next to go into the vault. 

With a new prime frame coming about every 3 months, somethings gotta give out and this new system might be a temporary fix. if Warframe is still chugging along in 3 years that's another 12 prime frames and another 12 vaulted. so either more have to be released at once or prime unvaults will start lasting a month or even weeks. 

Unless of course. DE's fine with plat prices slowly rising to 200+. 

Edited by Fire2box

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

With that being said, the next Prime Vault will be deadly contagious (ha ha) with Valkyr & Saryn!   

Please tell me this includes their respective accessories.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, (NSW)Neick1 said:

Are the Items (Weapons and other stuff) gonna be revealed later or are they already revealed?

It'll be the same weapons that were released with their Prime Access... So for Saryn will be Nikana and spira Prime, for Valkyr will be Venka and Cernos Prime.

2 hours ago, Lazarow said:

hope accessories go cheaper

Have to agree with this... I'm not going to argue if they're fair or not, not even going to say that since they actually have no cost to make more of the Vaulted ones, they could do like the Chinese and sell for cheap to sell more... That's up to DE to figure out...
But, personally, i can't justify buying a couple cosmetics for the same price i can buy some games, or, more often, a full DLC expansion. For example, when the last Vault came out, an expansion for Battletech had just released as well... So i could either buy Targis and a crummy sugatra, or a DLC with a couple new mechs, new biomes, new missions, etc for Battletech... Guess which i got?

Neither, actually, because SURPRISE EXPENSES!!

33 minutes ago, xMarvin732 said:

Valkyr was literally vaulted not even a year ago, she was vaulted when Chroma Prime came and that was on 25th September 2018

Yeah, personally i could use the Nekros pack, since i didn't finish my Galatine Prime and i don't have enough relics to get that rare part (the BP irc).

Edited by ReaverKane

1 minute ago, TheArQu said:

Just don't #*!%ing vault S#&$

Its a marketing strategy. Its not the bestest for us, but its better for them...
Basically making things temporary creates some scarcity, which improves value. Also, as the collection grows it would make it complicated on the web store front, with a huge catalogue, which would mean a complete overhaul of their storefront.
Which, if you think about it would mean a large expense for less profit... Not a great idea for DE.

While i'm very much against these strategies of creating false scarcity to ramp up value, DE's monetization is pretty fair on all other ends, so can't really complain much when they put more weight on the Prime Access and Prime Vault stuff... I mean you can still get the Warframes for free sooner or later, and if you can't wait, you can always scrounge up the plat from selling other prime parts or rare stuff to get the frames from other people. Or you can wait for a cupon and get plat really cheap, or just get it at full price, that won't be too bad either.

So, while, personally i doubt i'll ever buy a prime acess, because at this point, unlocking Prime Warframes is one of the only things i have to look forward in Warframe atm, and i can't really justify paying almost as much as a full game for a couple of cosmetics, i can't really fault DE's strategy, because it's probably the best compromise between not being scummy like EA, and keeping the lights on in their office.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)russcal said:

And also valkyr Hysteria rework pls 💜

What's wrong with it in your opinion? I kinda like the skill...