Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uthak

Hydrolyst in Nightwave...

Recommended Posts

On 2019-08-19 at 5:43 PM, Uthak said:

Otherwise it sucks, and usually, under normal circumstances I can easily do Tridolon with randoms.

Any specific strategies? You go with Trinity to protect the lures?

My problem i that most players coming to the hunt have no idea what to do. In the last few days, I've seen Nekros, Whisp, Ignis, Baza and all kind of crap. If I'm lucky they start shooting the Eidolon with their Mote Amps. But most of the time they get lures and then stay OUT OF AFFINITY RANGE because .. distance... ... This way I can't even shoot the Eidolon because it would kill it.

Well, butter my waffle, I can't shoot the Eidolon anyway. Even if I get the stray-Chroma or Rhino in the squad most often they just don't shoot the limbs. I have Void Strike charged up, but I'd rather break the shield quickly. Eventually some Chroma discovers how to shoot -> energy spike... ... then shields back up, I shoot once or twice, Eidolon flashes red and makes distinct sound which means if you're Chroma or Rhino you need to shoot NOW!!! But nothing happens... dude I'm so triggered. Oh and then there is the dude who constantly revives my cat because.. reasons. DUDE, it has over a minute bleedout timer. We have different priorities!! Uh, I need to stop..

/rant (sry)

 

So what's your rough setup for doing Tridolon EASILY with randoms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (XB1)OdinAsteroid said:

Any specific strategies? You go with Trinity to protect the lures?

My problem i that most players coming to the hunt have no idea what to do. In the last few days, I've seen Nekros, Whisp, Ignis, Baza and all kind of crap. If I'm lucky they start shooting the Eidolon with their Mote Amps. But most of the time they get lures and then stay OUT OF AFFINITY RANGE because .. distance... ... This way I can't even shoot the Eidolon because it would kill it.

Well, butter my waffle, I can't shoot the Eidolon anyway. Even if I get the stray-Chroma or Rhino in the squad most often they just don't shoot the limbs. I have Void Strike charged up, but I'd rather break the shield quickly. Eventually some Chroma discovers how to shoot -> energy spike... ... then shields back up, I shoot once or twice, Eidolon flashes red and makes distinct sound which means if you're Chroma or Rhino you need to shoot NOW!!! But nothing happens... dude I'm so triggered. Oh and then there is the dude who constantly revives my cat because.. reasons. DUDE, it has over a minute bleedout timer. We have different priorities!! Uh, I need to stop..

/rant (sry)

 

So what's your rough setup for doing Tridolon EASILY with randoms?

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but...

When I try tridolon hunting with randoms, I always expect to do all of the work. From picking lures to destroying each limb and then the eidolon.

Tridolon hunt with randoms can be a real s***show.

Trinitys who don't heal lures,

Harrows who don't protect.

Chromas, Volts and other DPS frames with as much DPS as a Kraken with -Damage riven.

 

Seriously, I just don't expect random people to know what to do or to be minimally prepared for tridolon hunting (or anything is this game).

I use Trinity, Lanka (with riven), Sarpa (to strip some armor), Madurai for VS and Amp X-2-7.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Seriously, I just don't expect random people to know what to do or to be minimally prepared for tridolon hunting (or anything is this game).

True, but it's still triggering to have an Excal with Dread (just happened) in the squad or the Chroma that doesn't shoot or has no dmg...

Quote

I use Trinity, Lanka (with riven), Sarpa (to strip some armor), Madurai for VS and Amp X-2-7.

Thx, I have basically the same, only a bit different🤣
Trinity, Rubico (no Riven RIP), Sarpa, Madurai and 427

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, (XB1)OdinAsteroid said:

Any specific strategies? You go with Trinity to protect the lures?

My problem i that most players coming to the hunt have no idea what to do. In the last few days, I've seen Nekros, Whisp, Ignis, Baza and all kind of crap. If I'm lucky they start shooting the Eidolon with their Mote Amps. But most of the time they get lures and then stay OUT OF AFFINITY RANGE because .. distance... ... This way I can't even shoot the Eidolon because it would kill it.

Well, butter my waffle, I can't shoot the Eidolon anyway. Even if I get the stray-Chroma or Rhino in the squad most often they just don't shoot the limbs. I have Void Strike charged up, but I'd rather break the shield quickly. Eventually some Chroma discovers how to shoot -> energy spike... ... then shields back up, I shoot once or twice, Eidolon flashes red and makes distinct sound which means if you're Chroma or Rhino you need to shoot NOW!!! But nothing happens... dude I'm so triggered. Oh and then there is the dude who constantly revives my cat because.. reasons. DUDE, it has over a minute bleedout timer. We have different priorities!! Uh, I need to stop..

/rant (sry)

 

So what's your rough setup for doing Tridolon EASILY with randoms?

This all depends on what role you intend to play. When I run with randoms, i purposely host and ask for a casual hunt (mostly because I cannot stand the whole 4x3, 5x3 with 500+ caps required). This leads to a lot of randoms new to eidolons joining my squad.

When i go in, i simply go in about 10 mins early, let the randoms get their questions in, then go at it. But i also go in thinking im gonna do everything and I do this with Ivara as my hitter. Not just because im sick of always seeing Chroma everywhere, but and i think this matters especially in a carry, her kit can do very well.

If modded right, she can still very easily cause a lot of damage to eidolons, throw on her infiltrate mod and you can block yourself from the magnetic procs whenever the eidolon falls using you invisible bubble (i normally cast and jump into operator then go invisible with operator) The bubble protects from the proc only, doesnt protect from dmg. Couple that with a max nullifier arcane and you're good to go.

I also have my cat with cats eye to give me a little extra damage. Sometimes its challenging but im always able to get at least one full tridolon run in before day break, most of the time i get two. But if i manage a team that really knows their stuff i'll get in 3.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but...

When I try tridolon hunting with randoms, I always expect to do all of the work. From picking lures to destroying each limb and then the eidolon.

Tridolon hunt with randoms can be a real s***show.

Trinitys who don't heal lures,

Harrows who don't protect.

Chromas, Volts and other DPS frames with as much DPS as a Kraken with -Damage riven.

 

Seriously, I just don't expect random people to know what to do or to be minimally prepared for tridolon hunting (or anything is this game).

I use Trinity, Lanka (with riven), Sarpa (to strip some armor), Madurai for VS and Amp X-2-7.

 

^^ This except i run with Ivara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is where us Vets should be doing what I did, loaded up my volt / chroma tridolon gear, went onto the plains into an open squad .. which was 3 low MR 3,9, and a 10 MR i think.. and then I just went to work.. they helped a little bit where they could but all three ended up dead, but hung around while i finished of Garry and Harry.  No proplem for me and the 3 newer players got the NW ticked off their list. 

Yes this would be difficult for the newer players and its a very hard Elite Weekly for the said newer players, but if other Vets just went in to Open squad and did their Tridolon killing everyone would be happy..

But DE, like someone else said about the Shards .. it only takes 1 player to not place a Shard into said Throne and the whole mission is wasted.. and there is another wait to be had before next night on the plains.. Really they should just make this one something like solo Terry or kill/capture 3 Terry's so the players without the good gear can actually give this a crack and make it themselves.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

Well this is where us Vets should be doing what I did, loaded up my volt / chroma tridolon gear, went onto the plains into an open squad .. which was 3 low MR 3,9, and a 10 MR i think.. and then I just went to work.. they helped a little bit where they could but all three ended up dead, but hung around while i finished of Garry and Harry.  No proplem for me and the 3 newer players got the NW ticked off their list. 

Yes this would be difficult for the newer players and its a very hard Elite Weekly for the said newer players, but if other Vets just went in to Open squad and did their Tridolon killing everyone would be happy..

But DE, like someone else said about the Shards .. it only takes 1 player to not place a Shard into said Throne and the whole mission is wasted.. and there is another wait to be had before next night on the plains.. Really they should just make this one something like solo Terry or kill/capture 3 Terry's so the players without the good gear can actually give this a crack and make it themselves.

 

I completely agree. I have seen way too many who are all about the highest number of caps in a single night instead of just helping other players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so stupid and first noticed now it has to my the hydrolist and not a terralyst however you spell it to get the Nightwave ticked off. I am still struggling with just to survive 1 terralyst hunt feeling getting carried a lot. 

And yeah I am new, did my research and helluva hard to aim at the damn limps when it moves all the time and spews its aoe and what not. Experienced personally using Gara and still S#&$ mods in a Rubico Prime. 

So DE if ya thinking doing this again....well give us newer players a chance, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, (PS4)Shieldmaiden83 said:

I was so stupid and first noticed now it has to my the hydrolist and not a terralyst however you spell it to get the Nightwave ticked off. I am still struggling with just to survive 1 terralyst hunt feeling getting carried a lot. 

And yeah I am new, did my research and helluva hard to aim at the damn limps when it moves all the time and spews its aoe and what not. Experienced personally using Gara and still S#&$ mods in a Rubico Prime. 

So DE if ya thinking doing this again....well give us newer players a chance, thanks.

Its an elite challenge for a reason. Get better at the game and put the time in and you will not struggle as much. Aka... GIT GUD U SCRUBA DUBBA DOO XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Its an elite challenge for a reason. Get better at the game and put the time in and you will not struggle as much. Aka... GIT GUD U SCRUBA DUBBA DOO XD

What is your problem with people giving their critique of a game mode and if you are a vet, why not help new players instead of the git gud mentality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, (PS4)Shieldmaiden83 said:

What is your problem with people giving their critique of a game mode and if you are a vet, why not help new players instead of the git gud mentality. 

Been their and done that, and I still do from time to time but chances are most newbies lack the mods and gear to do it to begin with and if they dont contribute enough they dont deserve the reward attached to that activity. I leave people who die early in easy or diffucult missions down because they suck and came unprepared for that reason alone. I climbed with very little help from veterans when I first started and the new generation cant seem to do that so I will push them down until they do! New tenno nowadays are a bit soft and could do with the realization thay cant do everything from the rip like in most games. It takes time and dedication and until you can contribute a reasonable amount you need to simply do some self improvment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of agree with OP.  It's not that it's hard, it's that so many people want the 7k standing who just can't get it (and to be clear, I don't necessarily blame them).  It's like profit taker.  I remember trying to set up a squad and I went through 7+ people who didn't have the archgun launcher.

Setting up squads for these NWs is extremely frustrating.  I skipped this one and probably won't be doing profit taker again either.  In the case of tridolon, I imagine it would really get in the way of those actually farming the arcanes or whatever.  Only for one week though I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-08-24 at 1:11 PM, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Been their and done that, and I still do from time to time but chances are most newbies lack the mods and gear to do it to begin with and if they dont contribute enough they dont deserve the reward attached to that activity. I leave people who die early in easy or diffucult missions down because they suck and came unprepared for that reason alone. I climbed with very little help from veterans when I first started and the new generation cant seem to do that so I will push them down until they do! New tenno nowadays are a bit soft and could do with the realization thay cant do everything from the rip like in most games. It takes time and dedication and until you can contribute a reasonable amount you need to simply do some self improvment...

I think you're missing the point of a PHP kind of game. The majority of this game is players working collectively together. Just because you had very little help from vets doesnt mean everyone has to struggle. I personally dont mind helping newer players because we all had to start somewhere. Go to fortnite if you need to play a game with that kind of mentality. Nobody should be criticized for challenging themselves just because you may not find it a challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, because there are lots of players who joined recently, or who didn't play as much since starting, there shouldn't be any kind of "elite" challenges that require certain grind wall in nightwave?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...