Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

August 2019 Mainline (PC): Only Emergency Hotfixes until launch!

[DE]Rebecca

I wish you would Double the Riven Slot capacity to 180.

At the start of Riven Mods we had just main weapon Rivens, short time after this secondary came and 90  was a good number .

But then came Melee, Sentinels, then also extra Zaw and Kitgun and at last we have now Archwing stuff, but the capacity dont grow with it.

So ~300 possible stuff that can wear a riven mod but only 120 slots ._.

6 hours ago, Etzu said:

The goal is that releasing the Drydock first will allow players to construct the room.
Then later, unlocking the techtree, so we can research them.
Then releasing the area to play with.

So, bacily the latter I said, Drydock doing nothing, research doing nothing, until the day we can fully play?, sounds silly if you ask me.

6 hours ago, Etzu said:

Cause if they release railjack and the drydocks and the research at the same time .... Well No one will be able to play railjack before ... 3 days ? (Research are unrushables) So THAT would be a terrrrrrrible idea commercial and fun wise.

Well, unrushable resreach can be ok I guess, allow us to resreach, it takes what 2-3 days?, railjack out in lets say 5 days?, boom. But likewise I said doing in such parts is not the best idea, how about this?, Release it.

6 hours ago, Etzu said:

Plus having the Drydock on the mainline would mean beeing able to fix it, and make it fully ready to be deployed properly on consoles without too many bugs for them, which is also a very good commercial way of doing it. (and they're adding new dojo deco, so probably also new dojo room sounds logic to me)

True, but won't never happen

6 hours ago, Etzu said:

Also remember they're going to a japan game show soon, so it reduces their overall worktime on everything,

Really now?, so more hype and for an update they're not even working on?, is that what your telling me?

6 hours ago, Etzu said:

if they aim for spring to release Empyrean, we still need the 3rd orb fight before, and that dojo drydock + orbiter rework, and probably another prime warframe before too. But time is short to the end of the year, so if they don't release the drydock on the mainline it will come soon after, so once again that would be illogical commercial wise to not pack it into the mainline.

But we'll soon see.

Maybe, but like I said, with all this "Hopes and promises" you'll be hyping up nothing, in the rate and content you provided me here, New War won't be until late 2020, but like you said we#'ll see and hey, if Railjack dock DOES come out?, then I'll gladly accept my defeat to you and hand you the white flag, if not, well?, see you battlefield I guess 😄

Thanks for all the hard work everyone is putting in to get out the mainline update! I don't follow your inner workings - so hopefully this request is already fulfilled - but I wanted to implore you to forego the "crunch time" that too many developers subject their employees to. I am more than patient enough to wait for updates that are produced humanely!

Regards,

A heckin' chonkwhale

Thanks DE, you guys and gals are orsome 😉  

Great to hear about the new way to get Kuva, please please make it a decent rewards the current amounts in comparison to how much it costs to RNGroll is way to low.. especially with my soon 120 rivens up from 92.  And the new mode is really fun to play so well done DE thanks

Deeply saddened to learn what's coming to Warframe for the next update.

The Echoes of umbra rewards being a big reason.

What is going on?

It's not what we wanted at all. The content drought is infernal. It has been so long since Railjack and The New War were announced. 

The idea of having your frames move on their own like excal umbra is a huge mistake.

We wanted Umbra warframes. Umbra versions of all the frames.

Longtime player, I've run multiple accounts on Xbox and PC, and I am really happy to see the content drought coming to an end. I love the disruption game mode, and it is my single favorite endless mode - impossible for me to run solo still, and because of that, a great challenge. I have loved this game from the moment I discovered it in 2014, and it is the game I still come back to after all the others bore me, and if you go look at my purchase history, I'm a total #&@$ing whale when it comes to buying platinum and items from the market.

I have not played it to farm out the hexanon for the latest sniper rifle. Eidolons, Nightwave, even grinding Vent Kids standing to sell the mods on the market is more relevant to me than the rewards from that gamemode, which is severely disappointing. What I, as a long time player who has introduced at least one person to the game, want to see is a single update. Just one - no really, one well thought out update - where you go back, and look at the loot tables. That's IT. My suggestions are as below.

Having seen multiple videos describing the Echoes of Umbra, I appreciate the cool concept, but a 24h timer is not going to magically make this item worth farming. I'd farm it, put it on Saryn with an affinity booster, and magically level all my gear on one single day off. And then forget it exists for months. My suggestion for this one item is, either make it a toggle item - works on a Warframe until you toggle it onto a new WF (requiring you to farm it up again), or that you give it a MUCH longer timer - 1w or 1month is more ideal. With that said, I also think it's a bandaid for this deeper problem I'm about to discuss.

How about those #endlessmissionrewards overall?

A lot of players want to see scaling Kuva rewards because grinding 1h+ Kuva survival missions is ... really, painfully boring. I have done it a lot, and I have reached a point where rather than reroll my rivens to be holy batman godrolls, I play ... more fun things in the game. My suggestion here is simply, please make the rewards scale with how many capsules you open - a linear scaling, where 20 Kuva was added per capsule you opened (so 100, then 120, then 140 ect ect) would be better than the current system, but that still isn't going to reward the insanely good players/group makeups that can make it to the 90m/2h mark. My suggestion to meet the needs of those players and reward them for their dedication to your game is have it scale on a bell curve, with the curve having a plateau at 400/capsule, around the 45m/1h mark.This would encourage people to stick with a relatively tame game mode (survival is about what frames you bring IMHO, not about player skill persay).

My second suggestion, if you're unwilling to do that, is to have that kind of scaling increase on the disruption node so that way player SKILL is rewarded - I believe firmly disruption is currently the hardest gamemode in the game, and should reward players proportionately. Echoes of Umbra is NOT proportionate to the difficulty of the mode.

My suggestions for the other game modes are as follows:

Let's take the Kuva defense tile as an example for my idea. First, add in kuva based on how many waves you survive. Then, add in the ability to call defense waves early, with a second loot table for successful defenses of early wave calls (if all 5 waves are called before the last mob of the previous wave is dead). Another take on this would be to add a scaling reward system depending on how many mobs are left on the map - the more enemies left when you call the next wave, the more kuva you get if you can make it through the horde! I recognize the difficulty because of the finite amount of enemies that can spawn, but this gives playesr more agency in the rewards they receive, which I believe was the intention with the Disruption reward table.

Let's take survival in general: Adding in the ability to simply call in more mobs, or to call in a wave of eximus units, by using a life support capsule would make the game mode more engaging. The more eximus you defeat, the more relics you get as a reward! (And TBH, that's what people play the endless modes for - relics as rewards). Adding in a single dialogue menu, after you go to use a life support capsule, giving you the option to [Press X for Life Support - Press Y for enemy reinforcements] would also eliminate the long time complaint of people going to reload next to a capsule, and using it.

Let's take Excavation. Having scaling cryotic isn't neccesary here, but maybe having a scaling credit rewards system would encourage people to do something other than run the Index for credits? I mean, aren't ancient artifacts valuable and worth some credits? Rather than have a static credit reward based on the AABC rotation, simply have {Credit Reward} on the loot table, with the amount of credits earned dependent on how many excavators you have defended?

What about Defection? Oh, everyone's least favorite game mode to play, and I get why - unless you happen to like running Trinity, it's not that fun and it's also really lame on the rewards for the challenge. I do believe that this may be my vote for the second hardest endless game mode in the game - defending those little Grineer as they run to the ship is a nightmare, even moreso once Red Veil operatives start appearing. What would make this worthwhile? Maybe a bonus per round, if all of the squad members survive? If you redid the loot tables for this game mode to be exclusively relics (the way the Void missions currently are) with an additional relic as a reward for a full squad, this would make this game mode one of the best relic farms in the game. That right there, would be enough for most people.

Hear me out, Steve of DE fame - your idea of intrinsic rewards is already in the game. People have stuck with this game because you created an immensely complex game that, if you are good at hitting headshots, is easier ... wait, we're talking about headshots here, no it's not. I believe the game lacks EXTRINSIC rewards that players care about, not INTRINSIC rewards - if it lacked intrinsic rewards, you would not see nearly the Warframe content that you do on YouTube. I say this believing Railjack/Squad Link/Kuva Liches may be the game changer for keeping players engaged, but I promise you - unless you figure out a system that balances player demands about the rewards tables with your own ideas - you're going to suffer the same burnout with the new content that you release, no matter how awesome. And let's be clear, Disruption as new content was AMAZING. I would keep playing it if I cared about the rewards even one penny - I'd care about it more if it rewarded boatloads of plastids/mutagen samples at a better rate than Derelict nodes/super neat cosmetics even. But hexanon and meso relics aren't quite there for me to keep at it, and - having seen how far the game has come in the time I've been playing - I do believe you're on the right path, I just want to encourage you to take a leap of faith. Poll your Warframe Partners about what an 'ideal' loot table would look like for a Disruption node. Use that as a template for all the other endless missions.

Thanks for reading that loquacious, windbaggery-esque rant. Something that's been on my mind for a while. If you agree with my idea, add that #endlessmissionrewards to your post. Players, let's give DE ideas so we can really have the game that keeps us wholly engaged even through content droughs.

On ‎2019‎-‎08‎-‎19 at 5:56 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

2) Riven Cap increase to 120!

I have been happy with everything that has been happening with Warframe, but this is THE best news for the last year. I like to experiment with a multitude of weapons & builds, and I have had to break a lot of them after reaching the 90 cap time and time and time again. And as a consequence had to destroy or give a riven away in order to be able to do the daily sortie (I dislike the riven trading scene, it is a complete BS swamp complete with evil things slithering around, so I don't sell).

This change alone would have kept me playing for quite some time, but as it turns out it is actually only a small part of what is coming. What a nice game (& gaming environment) this is! 

14 hours ago, (XB1)Mr JurassicPark said:

Deeply saddened to learn what's coming to Warframe for the next update.

The Echoes of umbra rewards being a big reason.

What is going on?

It's not what we wanted at all. The content drought is infernal. It has been so long since Railjack and The New War were announced. 

The idea of having your frames move on their own like excal umbra is a huge mistake.

We wanted Umbra warframes. Umbra versions of all the frames.

I don't think DE ever stated that Echoes of Umbra was exclusive to the introduction of more Umbra frames. Maybe you read something I didn't? I'm open to being wrong.

11 hours ago, Bountyboy312 said:

i dont what day but please tell me what day is gauss supposed to be out on the last week of august i can dont know when but no jokes But this is really making excited 

So when is this next update for 26.0 going to start 

It is -likely- this week, and -likely- before Friday, as I think they don't like to patch on Friday since the team won't be available to respond to bugs and issues that pop up. None of this is guaranteed though!

Personally, I suspect it'll release tomorrow or the day after.

2 hours ago, Colyeses said:

It is -likely- this week, and -likely- before Friday, as I think they don't like to patch on Friday since the team won't be available to respond to bugs and issues that pop up. None of this is guaranteed though!

Personally, I suspect it'll release tomorrow or the day after.

Wes-Thrs are normal dates 

18 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

:sadcry: 10 days ago now 10 days later 

Today needs to be the day that Gauss will be released from the chains of Developers and give it wings so we all can play with it

*May wishes come true*

Highly doubt it'll  be today. As somone stated above they tend to patch on Wed & Thur with Tuesdays being a rare occurrence. 

But I too wish for it to be today. 

28 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

Highly doubt it'll  be today. As somone stated above they tend to patch on Wed & Thur with Tuesdays being a rare occurrence. 

But I too wish for it to be today. 

The post made by Reb about Umbra Echos suggests "2 days" (Monday-Tuesday) So Wednesday is the likely RD, if all else fails Thursday 

Hope to be they change pets likes MOA, Sentinel, Kubrow & Kavat are getting same ability system like warframe which they discard warframe ability mod change to pre-installed. This giving more inventory mod slots. Nowadays there are lots of mods added like set mod, simaris offering mod which similar to warframe augment mod. Old version of pets modding inventory slot seems like unmatched for nowadays.  

Adding the sentinel riven back to the game. Detailed will known when patch release. But hope to be there will be contain riven disposition change with status change of sentinel weapons. That's why I written about this :) 

On 2019-08-19 at 5:56 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi all!

If you watched Friday's Devstream, you may have picked up on an important note: We aim to ship Gauss with a Mainline update by the end of August on PC (which is next week)! To prepare for this big Mainline (it's been months since we've done one), we will only be Hotfixing for emergencies until the big release day.

which is the big release day?

is that the railjack update?

p.s. i just got the game 10 days ago and it's amazing, i made this account at warframe launch and i didn't like the game, i've recentily read reviews about how much the game changed, and now it's unbelievable, congratulations Digital Extreme 🙂

3 minutes ago, Enhok said:

which is the big release day?

is that the railjack update?

p.s. i just got the game 10 days ago and it's amazing, i made this account at warframe launch and i didn't like the game, i've recentily read reviews about how much the game changed, and now it's unbelievable, congratulations Digital Extreme 🙂

Railjack is sadly not included in the upcoming update, and we've not yet had any confirmation on which day this patch will release.

This update WILL include: Gauss, Shawzin playing, Look/Mod Linking, Disruption expansion and more, as described here: 

Also, welcome to Warframe!

1 hour ago, davej83 said:

Friday is the day dont hurry up, Reb posted on  twitter few days ago..

The post made by DE rebb is referring to "Astral Chain" which is a game that is supposed to come out on friday on Nintendo switch, it had nothing to do with "Saint of Altra" which is the new update of warframe.... what is wrong with people getting confused... this community is another level of stupidity !

27 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

The post made by DE rebb is referring to "Astral Chain" which is a game that is supposed to come out on friday on Nintendo switch, it had nothing to do with "Saint of Altra" which is the new update of warframe.... what is wrong with people getting confused... this community is another level of stupidity !

I'm actually looking forward t Astral Chain tomorrow as well. Really fun game! 😛

Archived