Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tridolon issues (salty AF)

nicolajtheking2

I think you're just gonna have to suffer through a few rough tridolons til you get better (operator) arcanes/unlock other focus trees. Everyone's gotta start from somewhere. Not dying as much will be the biggest gift you can give to your team because they don't have to worry about reviving you. It's OK to not be top damage etc. as long as you're not actively bringing your team down. In public bounty anyway.

Make your priority staying alive and the rest (learning the fight and the different phases) will come naturally.

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

I'd say if you was on Xbone we could put our heads together on a good build that you like and I could help you get what you need if you didnt have a good clan or a bunch of friends that played, but if only warframe was cross play, maybe in the future we will see that

I really hope cross-play becomes a thing for i have a lot of friends that play warframe on PS4 and they really want to play with me, and vice-versa

2 minutes ago, sinnae said:

I think you're just gonna have to suffer through a few rough tridolons til you get better (operator) arcanes/unlock other focus trees. Everyone's gotta start from somewhere. Not dying as much will be the biggest gift you can give to your team because they don't have to worry about reviving you. It's OK to not be top damage etc. as long as you're not actively bringing your team down. In public bounty anyway.

Make your priority staying alive and the rest (learning the fight and the different phases) will come naturally.

I will follow your words of wisdom.

You might consider doing more regular Eidolons in the meantime. I also run 2x Arcane Nullifiers (A level 3 and level 1, I think) so I don't have to worry about the magnetic proc. (Also, a level 3 Arcane gives you an extra revive.)

I've only run 3 tridolons, although I've run a bunch of Eidolons.

First run; everything went great.

Second run, died horribly, repeatedly, mostly from the acid rain, I think.

Third run, again, everything was smooth, with more than one of us being carried, I think.

It looks like damage to a limb doesn't carry over, so unless you're shooting the same limb as the DPS, you're wasting ammo.

Don't stress to hard on the amp...really don't.    What matters really is "not dying" and "not panicking".    Both require a bit of experience.     Bringing trinity with a potato + 2 forma build along with two sets of rank 3 arcane nulifier (~40p a set) will do WONDERS.    On top of that...stock up on energy pizza and bind it to a hot key.   By doing this you now control the tempo and have a bit more leeway in seeing what is "hurting you" and "where to put yourself".    Just keep casting your 4 and use pizza if your juice gets low.    This is a pretty low investment for something that by time you really get good at it or  bored it will be in the 50-100 hour range.   By time you get there...you can sell the arcanes to cover the plat you spent.   :)

http://warframe-builder.com/s/5acab5a0bf32561e

Also...read that 5x guide listed above.  It gives you an idea what to "aim for"...but realize that is hyper-optimized for people that are trying to get every last arcane they can in a night cycle.    Just get your lanka in a "good spot".  It took me about 50 caps to finally feel comfortable in what I was doing.    Beyond that have fun.   It doesn't take long to start earning arcanes/focus at a good clip.  At that point your understanding of hte fight will allow you to get more of them per night to the point of joining 3x3 and 4x3 groups will feel natural.    

Most importantly..stay humble and open.   Most of the people that run 4x3 and 5x3 are a wealth of information who want to help you.   The more people who know what to do..the bigger of pool of players to draw upon.   There will some twats...just ignore them.

43 minutes ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

I'd say if you was on Xbone we could put our heads together on a good build that you like and I could help you get what you need if you didnt have a good clan or a bunch of friends that played, but if only warframe was cross play, maybe in the future we will see that

Been hearing this on other games, would love to see the future as it would be...

• Like 1

I started with teralyst and played it until I started to feel it. I got bunch of arcanes. I remember my first teralyst solo with harrow. Then I was playing with volt. 

Seriously do only teralyst, it will give overall info on how to shoot, where, where are the lures etc. Then you will start dealing more dmg and know the fight and you may try the tridolon. Its not that hard. You wont be shooting limbs in premade groups because chroma is doing this. 

Chroma has very important role as he is the host and gets 1st lure. He also dictates the direction of eidolon because it will fall into the opposite direction to what he shot. So breaking left limb will collapse him to the right. He spams unairu wisps during an energy spike. And he should be quick. After placing a shard, head to the shore because the eidolon will start spawning and you can spam unairu wisps.

Trinity is the most important because of the lures. She needs to get them fast and spam bless. Ideally she shoots teralyst's shields. 

Volt has vital job too as he needs to position the shields. Apart from that he has to be quick to place shields after the spawn. Also charge void strike.

Harrow basically does nothing but charges void strike. He only uses covenant before the energy spike. And dont forget about using covenant during the last phase when the eidolon is getting up. It will give sweet bonus to chroma. 

2 hours ago, sinnae said:

The implication of ver1dian's comment was that healer frames shouldn't bother to dps anything. This seems like a really strange (and incorrect) sentiment since we're talking about public bounties where half the time your Chroma is clueless and you have to do it "everybody shoot" style.

My point is that a fresh, non-potatoed oberon shouldnt

2 hours ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

continuity, primed vigor, stretch, hunter adrenaline, redirection, energy siphon, coaction drift, streamline, vitality, intensify, arcane healing and arcane momentum.

Along side maxed phoenix talons and phoenix spirit.

Oberon does not get any thing from energy syphon, if you have the umbral mods try this build.
https://tennoware.com/warframes/oberon prime/12022110002d305p404w605p810p710j405y908y808v303c105b703a003 
thanks the the augment changes he now buffs himself can give almost 200% radiation damage to allies but this build will only give 155%

1 hour ago, Ver1dian said:

My point is that a fresh, non-potatoed oberon shouldnt

yah Oberon need a potato (most things in the game do) and he needs the extra drain from steal charge more than the energy from energy siphon.  Oberon is a better eidoan pub frame than chroma (he can do everything except volts job) but I agree he needs to be fully ranked for that to be the case and even the prime needs a few forma (see 1 umbral + 1 aura).  but that is more of how easy the game is, in some ways I kinda think the end game content should need a spaded chroma but I also hate playing chroma (and any other timer frame)

• Like 1