Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus Night Time Rework?

LabMan95

2 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

I find it hard to believe that you can't login when it's night and do a tricap with clan or alliance mates or even just recruiting chat always pops off with people putting together teams for tricaps a few minutes before night starts.  A tricap takes half an hour if you have just a decent team for the job, and if you can't spare half an hour of time in warframe I don't see how you can get anything done in this game where it takes thousands of hours to obtain everything.  

And thats exactly the problem....

Just now, Lutesque said:

And thats exactly the problem....

Uhhhh, it's pretty obvious from the get go that you have to grind out a lot of things in this game and that grinding things out takes a lot of time.  Just saying.  You don't expect a few thousand orokin cells to just drop into your lap in a few hours do you?  Or 180 nitain extract?  Or a few hundred thousand alloy plate?  Seriously.  A half hour time commitment to do a tricap in a 7 day period is not hard.  

• Like 2

Just now, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Uhhhh, it's pretty obvious from the get go that you have to grind out a lot of things in this game and that grinding things out takes a lot of time.  Just saying.  You don't expect a few thousand orokin cells to just drop into your lap in a few hours do you?  Or 180 nitain extract?  Or a few hundred thousand alloy plate? 

I never said it wasn't obvious....

The issue and my point is simple.... its a problem....

2 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Seriously.  A half hour time commitment to do a tricap in a 7 day period is not hard.  

The difficulty of the tricap is not whats being discussed....

I honestly don't know how many times its been repeated... but Warframe in general is not hard.... not as I know it... maybe back during the good ol days of coptering and void keys sure.... I know nothing about that Warframe.... from what I've played... its your Typical Action RPG Design Philosophy. Make numbers go big...it takes time... not effort.... and time is something Warframe is way too demanding of bordering on making you log in for 300 Consecutive days just to get a weapon....

4 hours ago, (PS4)Timcan_57 said:

Actually they need to increase its time.A tridolon is almost impossible without a perfect ish team

you have 50 minutes of night, its totally possible with randoms, i dont do tridolon and there was atleast another player that joined in for the elite weekly, even with me getting bugged to hell, keep forgetting to pickup the key thingy, and lacking energy and efficency to spam volt shields everywhere (i dont play volt outside of "kill enemies with electricity") it still took 1 run.

12 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Thats a significant Time investment for someone with a Life....

A significant amount of time is 1 hour and 40 minutes? And that's based on what, a day, a week? You mean you don't take an extended break when your responsibilities are done for the day? 

What a joke.

Edited by Sajochi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sajochi said:

A significant amount of time is 1 hour and 40 minutes? And that's based on what, a day, a week? You mean you don't take an extended break when your responsibilities are done for the day? 

What a joke.

Depends how much people work. I have family members who work 14 hours a day, then go home, cook, and prepare for the next day then go to sleep and repeat. They do all the work around the house and chores in the weekend. They have no more than 5 hours a week of ''freetime'' which is mostly spent trying to sleep. 

Just now, usnaval46 said:

Depends how much people work. I have family members who work 14 hours a day, then go home, cook, and prepare for the next day then go to sleep and repeat. They do all the work around the house and chores in the weekend. They have no more than 5 hours a week of ''freetime'' which is mostly spent trying to sleep. 

That's one out of many possible cases, but the main argument I'm trying to bring up is that not everyone has the same idea of what a "life" is. 

Take me for example, I work 45 hours a week in an office doing tech support. When I get home, I do streaming part time, for a couple of hours. I'm running errands in weekends. My total free time comes down to about 1 hour a day in weekdays and sometimes 2 hours on the weekends, sometimes all day in the weekends. I still manage to do things in Warframe because I enjoy the game. I don't stream Warframe cause it's a boring game to watch.

By all definitions, I have a life. I also have a hobby and I wind down with a game. The OP and the person I quoted keep acting like these activities are for no lifers when it's really about effective time management.

Cyclical gameplay is something that works great on paper but it absolutely sucks for your player base. 

The reason we have multiple day/night systems (on the same planet no less) is because none of them work in the long run because they force players to play the game on the games schedule not theirs. Did you want to do something that requires you to be on Cetus at night? Do you only have a half hour to play before you have to do something else? Does the warframe tracker of your choosing tell you that you're going to have to wait for over an hour for it to be night? Whelp GG guess you're just not getting that done today. 

They removed the Alerts system for the exact same issues that the day/night cycles exhibit. 

And if you think it's bad trying to carve out some time to fight the Eidolons...... then Auger Secrets has a (auger)  message for you cause that hecc has a SIX hour span between availability windows. So if you're farming that like I was at one point cause I wanted it whelp guess what you're now doing instead of what you might want to be doing when it rolls around because you aren't going to see it again for another Nitain Extracts Alert cycle worth of time. 

And no to the inevitable person who tries to play the "just buy it from another player" cause some of us actually like to play the game, just not on the games schedule. 

I guess the TL;DR is 

Just let people cue up the eidolons/night whenever they have the time to play the game and please stop trying to cram hard cycles into the game. 

Edited by Oreades

18 hours ago, (PS4)Timcan_57 said:

Actually they need to increase its time.A tridolon is almost impossible without a perfect ish team

The players dont need to be perfect. 1 chroma + volt + trinity + harrow can do it easily without even thinking lol (ofc having rubico/lanka or vectis helps)

What you really need and perhaps this game needs is some form of group finder tool that actually places X frame with Y group. Pick a role "lures, damage, buff, protection" Each frame below fits into one of the categories and can be done for all frames really if done right. Easiest way to get a great set up honestly.
Trinity is the best at healing the lures (4 her blessing) and tracking the vomalysts (her 3)

Chroma is the best at out right damage.

Volt is the best at damage buffing due to shield stacking. 

Harrow is the best for dealing with magnetic damage. 

Or you can just do it solo. Some absolute mad lads are doing a tridolon in under 15 minutes solo. Now that is near perfect.

Edited by Zakual

I'm going to side with OP on this one. It's ridiculous to have to plan your day around a game, especially if the game is designed around a "bite-sized" content. I'd very much prefer a system like sorties or arbies, where you can hop in the mission whenever you want, but you only get to do 1 per a given time period.

• Like 1

The general consensus I’m getting from this is that the edelons (always forget the spelling) should be revisited to make them a little more accessible. The reason the arcanes are so freaking expensive is due to the fact that it’s having to play Warframe around an alarm clock to try and get said arcanes. 

1 hour ago, Iludra said:

I'm going to side with OP on this one. It's ridiculous to have to plan your day around a game, especially if the game is designed around a "bite-sized" content. I'd very much prefer a system like sorties or arbies, where you can hop in the mission whenever you want, but you only get to do 1 per a given time period.

This would completely destroy the challenge of doing 5x3s etc. for most people. Only being "allowed" to run one bounty an hour would be awful.

17 hours ago, kevoisvevo said:

yeah, there is this thing called work, responsibilities and a social life lmao

Then I'm sorry but why even bother with warframe? According to that, if your not able to play for more than 100 minutes a day then how do you even max your frames,  get new ones , max mods ect. You must be on that good RNG stuff because only RNGesus knows if you can even make it past Mr 8 in the span of 3 years going by under 100 minutes lmao

Edited by (PS4)Kamil-the-KamiKa

Well, let's look at the day/night cycle of real time in Canada where DE is. Pretty sure Cetus/POE is in line with that so... makes sense the way it is.
However... I dont like it either. Waiting an hour and a half for 45 minutes of night is kinda messed up. Should be 60m/45m day/night for those who dont have a lot of game time. Im basically dont with Eidolon hunts. The remaining arcanes arent worth the time spent vs the bonuses they give. It's just not worth it to me even if they shorten the day.

21 hours ago, LabMan95 said:

Is there ever going to be a change to cetus night time? I haven't been able to go to the plains at night for 16 days now because of my schedule, and now that there's a nightwave challenge up I'm just going to miss it due to my inability to be on when it is night time in the plains. Is DE ever going to change how the cycles work?

The sentients are coming! And they're sunlight-averse for unknown reasons... So these new sentients will be so powerful that they'll be able to control night/day cycles and essentially keep it night time all the time until you kill them. Why not?

Fine, just make a daytime Thumper that when killed, causes night to come immediately.

I absolutely hate the Eidolon mechanics, the day/night cycles and just how many times you need to fight them in order to rank up arcanes to max rank. It's a ridiculous grind that made me take a very long break from the game when it was first introduced. Even with the whole "it's end game content, it should take long" argument, it's just not very well designed. 

It's limiting to the weapons you can use, the frames you can bring and when you can do it and for how long. It just doesn't feel good. I've decided to stay away from that part of the game completely and give up some nice looking arcanes because the hassle just isn't worth it. Just thinking about that ridiculous grind to get a rank 3 arcane energize is burning me out, let alone doing it. 

I'm still working on my Solaris United standing so I haven't fought the bosses on Orb Vallis yet but I pray they're nothing like the Eidolons.