Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100101001

Kuva Farming

Recommended Posts

I'm just a regular player who really loves this game and wants what is best for its community.

I was doing some math and it just occurred to me that it would take me over 100 hours of farming one resource to get a riven mod with at least some of the stats I was looking for. This to me is absurd. Especially when there are literally clans out there scamming players and making a profit hoarding plat and rivens. Even if you buy one off a player who is not looking to scam you its ridiculously expensive (most rivens worth getting are 500-10000+ plat). I farmed for two days to full max out three umbral mods but to roll ideal stats on a riven mod its going to take me at least two weeks of farming the same missions killing the same enemies, and hearing lotus say the exact same phrases over and over and over again. This will drive any non robotic being to either intense unmeasurable levels of frustration, or turn you to a numb robot like state of pressing buttons and no longer enjoying music for a few days. This is the kind of repetitive mechanic that can take over your game and change it from a game, to a full time dead end desk job you hate with every fiber of your being which you check into after you come home from your irl job. The worst part is I have a resource booster and it's still going to take that long even after spending what real money I can to speed up the monotonous task of kuva farming. Shouldn't there be more reasonable kuva rewards for missions. In my opinion it opens a door for less experienced players to get taken advantage of, and also makes this game stale. All I'm asking for is something reasonable. I get that kuva farming with boosters and riven mod trades line your pockets with platinum purchases but in this case I think a little bit of revenue lost is better than your in game community getting damaged, players losing interest and getting burnt out on your game, or even people getting angry and start a conflict with themselves and people they love over an unfair mechanic which literally requires you to have a booster and no interest in anything besides this game. Please I'm begging you [DE] consider that people have lives and happen to not be robots with no feelings. Fix this mechanic for the sanity of your players, and for the longevity of the Warframe community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rivers aren’t supposed to be precisely refined into the exact stats you want, they’re supposed to be used to boost less popular weapons. Trying to get damage/CC/CD is just going to cause you pain when realistically, many weapons don’t even need a Riven at all to do any content. They’re entirely optional, if you feel like you’re gonna burn out on kuva farming then just don’t do it.

The prices are high but that’s the community’s fault, DE can’t change that.

One other thing is that Nightwave is offering massive packs of Kuva both as rank rewards and from the Cred store, if you can’t be bothered farming Kuva directly then getting those packs is a pretty good side deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure exactly what math brought you to the conclusion of 100 hours per 1 riven. I don't think I've farmed 100 hours of kuva all together in my entire playtime and I have many rivens I enjoy and use.

You're not supposed to end up with god roll rivens for every weapon. I think you'll have more fun if you part with the notion that all rivens must have the precise +cc +cd +sc stats that go for exorbitant prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

Rivers aren’t supposed to be precisely refined into the exact stats you want, they’re supposed to be used to boost less popular weapons. Trying to get damage/CC/CD is just going to cause you pain when realistically, many weapons don’t even need a Riven at all to do any content. They’re entirely optional, if you feel like you’re gonna burn out on kuva farming then just don’t do it.

The prices are high but that’s the community’s fault, DE can’t change that.

One other thing is that Nightwave is offering massive packs of Kuva both as rank rewards and from the Cred store, if you can’t be bothered farming Kuva directly then getting those packs is a pretty good side deal.

Yes kuva farming is optional but it takes three missions of siphon with a booster to get one roll. Getting even a decent roll is going to take at least 20 rolls if you're lucky. If DE doesn't wants rivens to balance weapons then fix kuva farming. Riven prices would go down if demand wasn't as high. Understand that the only reason a riven mod with certain stats sells for more is because demand is high for those stats and no one wants to spend ridiculous amounts of time farming kuva. Its great that nightwave can give you trivial amounts of extra kuva but it is just not enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sinnae said:

I'm not sure exactly what math brought you to the conclusion of 100 hours per 1 riven. I don't think I've farmed 100 hours of kuva all together in my entire playtime and I have many rivens I enjoy and use.

You're not supposed to end up with god roll rivens for every weapon. I think you'll have more fun if you part with the notion that all rivens must have the precise +cc +cd +sc stats that go for exorbitant prices.

in my experience it takes at least 15-20 rolls if you are lucky to get a usable riven. That is 60 kuva siphons with a booster. Tell me that is reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The estimate of 15-20 seems a little high for my personal experience but I think your standards for what is "usable" is much higher than mine. At that point maybe you'd be better off farming plat and just buying the rivens you want.

Are kuva siphons more efficient, I meant to ask? I've only ever run long kuva survivals, very rarely. Siphons seem to give way too little for the effort of loading in, completing the objective, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sinnae said:

The estimate of 15-20 seems a little high for my personal experience but I think your standards for what is "usable" is much higher than mine. At that point maybe you'd be better off farming plat and just buying the rivens you want.

Are kuva siphons more efficient, I meant to ask? I've only ever run long kuva survivals, very rarely. Siphons seem to give way too little for the effort of loading in, completing the objective, etc.

Yes kuva siphons are more efficient because sometimes you can get that capture mission or exterminate mission but I mean you can also get mobile defenses and stuff. Overall they kind of even out to the same amount depending on how fast you can run a kuva siphon/flood mission. Also that's kind of exactly my point actually playing the game gains less that trading and sitting in the ship as far as getting rivens you want goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people have already tested it and concluded that doing all the Siphons is not worth it.

I might do a 3 minute Capture / Exterminate Siphon here or there, but thats it really for the low level ones.

If im trying to be optimal, i usually do a 50-60 minute Kuva Survival, with a Kuva Flood in between. Rinse and repeat.

Resource Booster and Smeeta are a must, of course.

Just remember though, you don’t always have to farm Kuva like a madman. You’d be surprised how much Kuva you can get over a few days or a week by just casually doing a 3-6 minute Flood every time its available.

Try not to burn yourself out, and please don’t get baited into all that “god roll” nonsense. I honestly feel bad for the people that think rivens are either “god rolls” or trash.

This type of mindset is not healthy. I only know because ive had multiple friends that ended up resenting the game, and eventually quitting because of this type of thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, (PS4)SpIitSnake said:

I think people have already tested it and concluded that doing all the Siphons is not worth it.

I might do a 3 minute Capture / Exterminate Siphon here or there, but thats it really for the low level ones.

If im trying to be optimal, i usually do a 50-60 minute Kuva Survival, with a Kuva Flood in between. Rinse and repeat.

Resource Booster and Smeeta are a must, of course.

Just remember though, you don’t always have to farm Kuva like a madman. You’d be surprised how much Kuva you can get over a few days or a week by just casually doing a 3-6 minute Flood every time its available.

Try not to burn yourself out, and please don’t get baited into all that “god roll” nonsense. I honestly feel bad for the people that think rivens are either “god rolls” or trash.

This type of mindset is not healthy. I only know because ive had multiple friends that ended up resenting the game, and eventually quitting because of this type of thinking.

I mean most warframe players who deal with rivens know how unfair kuva is so why does nothing ever happen. Like endo was a broken resource with no real good way to farm it until they added arbitrations. Also in order to farm kuva on the side as you said a booster is a must. So to farm kuva all year long would cost 2400 platinum just to be able to farm enough kuva to get some usable rolls on a dew rivens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The time it takes to farm a lot of Kuva so you can get a god roll is proper and designed this way. You either spend hundreds of hours to farm Kuva or you buy top/god Rivens from the market with Platinum. It’s time VS Plat. Your choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

god roll is very hard to got, i made 130 roll in one riven, i got only one usable riven, but u know the game is rather empty, they must add a few hours of life time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...