The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't hate Rhino

withinmyself

I just feel that his existence in Warframe limits players to a certain extent in which they feel "safe" therefore they don't pursue any alternative paths to try and solve problems that will help them in late endgame content. Content that even a seasoned Rhino player will consistently fail at. And I feel like this is an extreme decrement to the growth of endgame players. Or at least the growth of enjoyment in the common Warframe player.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, withinmyself said:

I just feel that his existence in Warframe limits players to a certain extent in which they feel "safe" therefore they don't pursue any alternative paths to try and solve problems that will help them in late endgame content. Content that even a seasoned Rhino player will consistently fail at. And I feel like this is an extreme decrement to the growth of endgame players. Or at least the growth of enjoyment in the common Warframe player.

Have you met Revenant and Mesmer Skin? 

That being said, the easiest solution is, just don't play Rhino for yourself. Why worry about the common player? You do you, I do me, life goes on. 

Yes I am also a fan of the 2014 video where AGGP expresses the same thing, in much better terms than you do now.

Do you have anything new to add, aside from repeating talking points that come from the prehistory of the game?

How about, don't worry about it.

Rhino has been around for a long time.

A, long, time.

2012 old.

Its either a stepping stone. Or some people like the mediocre road with less worries about knockdowns or poison or radiation.

It does perhaps make some newer players lazy so early in the game. And I could see Rhino moved away from Venus, a little further away. But its a non-issue. There are plenty of mouth pieces telling new players to go straight to Nidus and be king of the gods.

41 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Yes I am also a fan of the 2014 video where AGGP expresses the same thing, in much better terms than you do now.

Do you have anything new to add, aside from repeating talking points that come from the prehistory of the game?

Yeah. Because every single person saw that video.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, withinmyself said:

Why? Can you please elaborate?
Why does it  it will fail in endgame content ? I see where are you getting, but saying he fails in endgame content its harsh, because if you play well  it doesn't .I rather think he is very enjoyableto play! he has Tankiness+Support+CC . I love is looks. Why the hate?
Why do you say playing whith him makes the game easy? I can say the same about Saryn, Nidus, Wukong, Khora, Mesa ( Mesa is a Aim-Bot!! Isn´t that making the game supoer easy? A AIM-BOT!!  What did he did to you? Why the hate about him?? And not with the other OP frames?.
 You say Players feel "safe" ( because he is tanky i guess? Correct if wrong. But there are much Tankier frames than him), and then you say they will fail in endgame.. He is no longer tanky? I use Rhino and i think i manage pretty well in endgame content...
You can Play Rhino and the other 39 frames. He doesnt limitate your choices..but our mind yes!

Edited by Alexcavalera
To salty..sry..bad day... :(

45 minutes ago, withinmyself said:

A yes, I remember that time of overused Rhino P. Boltor P and Carrier P. loadouts. They were called rhinoobs and bullied for the low effort playstyle.

This issue is present today and extends far beyond Rhino. Inaros or other Frames with low effort 90% DR skills nourish bad game habbits. Then we could add weapons like Plasmor, Ignis or Catchmoon that forfeit aiming. As a result, if you desire, you can build the lowest effort loadout and win the game without breaking a sweat. At the same time Warfraem has no difficulty setting, so that your gear decides your difficulty setting and helps new gamers.
It only gets critical when players, who never let go of support wheels begin to voice their opinions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

A yes, I remember that time of overused Rhino P. Boltor P and Carrier P. loadouts. They were called rhinoobs and bullied for the low effort playstyle.

This issue is present today and extends far beyond Rhino. Inaros or other Frames with low effort 90% DR skills nourish bad game habbits. Then we could add weapons like Plasmor, Ignis or Catchmoon that forfeit aiming. As a result, if you desire, you can build the lowest effort loadout and win the game without breaking a sweat. At the same time Warfraem has no difficulty setting, so that your gear decides your difficulty setting and helps new gamers.
It only gets critical when players, who never let go of support wheels begin to voice their opinions.

That's definitely one of the few viable loadouts my wife can use as she is new to shooters, not even saying new to warframe )))

Plenty of frames do that and for just as long and nothing is really ever done to push people beyond being a one-trick pony with the current meta. Not much anyone can do, the most a single player can do is try to keep people you know from boxing them into becoming entirely reliant on the meta. DE has to put a foot down if they want to address it or constantly deal with it biting them in the back when they release enemies capable of doing something.

I just feel that his existence in Warframe limits players to a certain extent in which they feel "safe" therefore they don't pursue any alternative paths

New players that are overwhelmed with content, have access to basic mods, still learning the mechanics and basics of the game, are in my opinion, lucky to have such access to Rhino so early. It holds their hand long enough to learn the game.

they feel "safe" therefore they don't pursue any alternative paths to try and solve problems that will help them in late endgame content.

Once any player reaches endgame, he will have learned enough to understand that there are other frames out there, that all frames have specific roles to play in missions.

Content that even a seasoned Rhino player will consistently fail at.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. All frames can do endurance runs. Some better than others. Rhino is in the middle.

And I feel like this is an extreme decrement to the growth of endgame players

The existance of Rhino has no impact on the number of endgame players.

Content is the main problem.

To sum it up, Rhino, like all other frames has his ups and downs.

If you have such a problem with Rhino, i would loke to hear your opiniln about Nidus.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lighthoof said:

That's definitely one of the few viable loadouts my wife can use as she is new to shooters, not even saying new to warframe )))

As mentioned, it is fine or even intended for a beginner.

However, I could/can only shake my head when I read "Arbitration needs to start with lvl 150, because my Plasmor wielding Inaros is unchallenged". While I have great time with my Mag at the current lvl range, becasue I am not oneshot randomly at every occasion and can use weapons which are fun and not happen to be "boomstick of the week".

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Yeah. Because every single person saw that video.

The point was, obviously, that this sort of opinions are as old as the game itself and no value whatsoever has been added here.

But thanks for having missed the point and having forced me to explain me in better detail. I struggle to remember that not everyone follows at the same speed.

1 minute ago, Dhrekr said:

The point was, obviously, that this sort of opinions are as old as the game itself and no value whatsoever has been added here.

But thanks for having missed the point and having forced me to explain me in better detail. I struggle to remember that not everyone follows at the same speed.

Yeah very obvious. That's why you didn't say what you just said but referred to an old video from some crazy guy specifically.

• Like 2

just feel that his existence in Warframe limits players to a certain extent in which they feel "safe"

that's not a Rhino Problem. that's a player problem. they are the ones refusing to leave their comfort zone. if I did that, I'd never play any other frame than Rhino, and I'd still be using the Mk1 Paris as my primary. we have to be willing to experience new things, even though it means putting our favourite toys back in the box. a newbie can quite easily get through the starchart with any other frame, they just feel safer with Rhino because he's  bit more durable.

• Like 1

Rhino is actually used in late game content though.  I get that people that get him early might use him as a crutch.  However those people will just switch to Inaros later anyway.  There's nothing wrong with Inaros, I'm talking about the people that use him every single mission never contributing anything except to their easy survival.

While I do hate Rhino with a passion I don't see a reason for threads like this. 
Someone shouldn't demand that what is fun for others be taken away.

What bothers me a lot more is a sort of discontent between the two main play styles raging around the forum.
On one side are the squishys angrily attacking anyone with a tanky frame for being an absolute noob who doesn't know how to play, simply because they don't like to jump around like a frog on acid.
And on the other, there are those tanks, which realized after an encounter with a caster frame that their Arca Plasmor spam isn't king of the hill and deemed it unfair for some reason, since they should be able to also compete in damage. 

Can't we all just play the way we want and leave others be?

Nothing wrong with rhino imo.  He's designed for newer players as even with barely ranked mods and no reactor installed he does a good job of keeping you alive at the level you get him.  He'll keep a new player alive long enough to be able to kill enemies and complete missions, ie, have fun and continue playing.

As a player progresses, sure they'll try new frames, learn new styles, mods will improve etc.  But rhino is always there to hold your hand on a boss fight or push you through that mission you keep getting one shot on while playing with mag or banshee etc. 

Until you suddenly realise you hardly play him anymore, you've got your mods maxed, learned how to build, got better weapons and just improved over time.  Then you maybe feel a little sad remembering the good times you had together while you were still learning.

Eh. He carried me all the way to Uranus, and was my first choice for Ghoul Bounties for a while. Great frame for new players, and I'm going to keep recommending him. And if people want to keep using him, well good for them. I don't get the fuss.

That said, yeah, even I know his limitations, and once I got past Uranus and was done with the Ghouls, he went straight from my favourite loadouts list to sitting in cold storage collecting internet cobwebs.

Raw DPS became more of a concern for me past Uranus, so I switched to Mirage and Mesa. And as for tanking:

UXxwOTS.png

Edited by KnossosTNC

3 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

1. OP wasn't around when that video was released.

2. Being five years old doesn't mean it's wrong. Rhino is training wheels.

3. Are you capable of disagreeing with people without being a condescending ass?