Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for a fun frame, any suggestions?

JohnTheMango

Question

Hey i usually play rhino, nezha, wukong, saryn, nidus and chroma for eidelon hunts (haven't done a lot of those hunts)

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good frames to just play a nice relaxing game. I use wukong for that at the moment. I have also recently finished building Octavia, she also seems like a nice survival or defence frame, not sure if she scales up well or not, i havent used her much and still want to forma her later

12 answers to this question

Octavia is fun, Khora is fun, Ash is fun, Wisp is fun, Atlas is fun, Valkyr is fun, Hydroid, equinox, harrow, mirage, mesa,nova, revenant, titania, zephyr they are all fun. I cant really know your definition of fun, some find it fun to achive something like get items, some find fun with goofy frame abilities, some find fun with meme frame(pink rhino, one punch atlas) so yeah you decide those what is fun about them Im just saying what could be

Just now, Lazarow said:

Octavia is fun, Khora is fun, Ash is fun, Wisp is fun, Atlas is fun, Valkyr is fun, Hydroid, equinox, harrow, mirage, mesa,nova, revenant, titania, zephyr they are all fun. I cant really know your definition of fun, some find it fun to achive something like get items, some find fun with goofy frame abilities, some find fun with meme frame(pink rhino, one punch atlas) so yeah you decide those what is fun about them Im just saying what could be

Khora is a nice frame for when I'm busy in the backround, but i use wukong for that a bit more (i afk for a few minutes for water and food and to talk to people, but i have the abilities active that can help the team and my celestial twin does kill and contribute a lot on his own)

I guess im looking more for a relaxed frame that i dont need to "try hard" and have to work too much to support my team when i feel a bit lazy or i know i might have to leave for 5min and i know i can still somehow  contribute even if i have to press a buttom every minute or something, i usually get visitors after work every day so i tend to use warframes i dont have to focus on much when i am ingame when they arive (i get how it seems rude of me to game when i have the visitors over, they just come say hi ask about my day and some small talk, i do look at them and give 80% of my attention to them, the other 20% is me being able to see the screen out of the corner of my eye and being able to press a button to buff, or help the team bout every minute or so, depending on the duration of the ability)

6 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Ember or Vauban. Both are ridiculous bad that you and your team mates will have fun and good laughs /s

I havent been on ember in a long time, maybe i should try her out again, i dont have vauban anymore, or i might i just dont remember if i sold him or not, but i need 1 part for his prime, so thats fine, could you reccomend a build for ember?

I saw the /s but still might be fun or something different for me to try

Edited by JohnTheMango

3 minutes ago, JohnTheMango said:

ould you reccomend a build for ember?

Sure

embera.jpg

The intention is: Recast your 4 anytime you have collected an EnergyOrb or you reach 200%. It works fine up to Lv 50 but it's too much of a hassle compared to pre-nerf

And Vauban still is an excellent frame if you have non-Corpus enemies and stationary missions like Defenses

Fun for classic defenses is the infinite Vortex

vaubana.jpg

And for M-Def or Excav etc

vaubanb.jpg

2 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Sure

embera.jpg

The intention is: Recast your 4 anytime you have collected an EnergyOrb or you reach 200%. It works fine up to Lv 50 but it's too much of a hassle compared to pre-nerf

And Vauban still is an excellent frame if you have non-Corpus enemies and stationary missions like Defenses

Fun for classic defenses is the infinite Vortex

vaubana.jpg

And for M-Def or Excav etc

vaubanb.jpg

Wow, thanks a lot I'll try the ember one out when i get home, i think i might not have transient fortitude or fleeting expertise, but i will try to follow the build provided, thanks again for the builds!

11 minutes ago, JohnTheMango said:

I guess im looking more for a relaxed frame that i dont need to "try hard" and have to work too much to support my team when i feel a bit lazy 

DE are trying to get rid of that gameplay. Frames that could do that (someone like Banshee) have been reworked so they can't really do it any more.

Khora's Strangledome is about the only ability left that's press button, do nothing, everything dies.

Hildryn's Haven can be built strong enough that it does a decent amount of damage with minimal input from player but you gotta keep Pillaging to refresh shields to keep Haven running.

There's bound to be something I've overlooked though.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

DE are trying to get rid of that gameplay. Frames that could do that (someone like Banshee) have been reworked so they can't really do it any more.

Khora's Strangledome is about the only ability left that's press button, do nothing, everything dies.

Hildryn's Haven can be built strong enough that it does a decent amount of damage with minimal input from player but you gotta keep Pillaging to refresh shields to keep Haven running.

There's bound to be something I've overlooked though.

Wukong's Celestial Twin with a decent build kohm (no riven) will do amazing against level 60 enemies and you can go afk for a minute or two, at level 90 enemies i start to use his Cloud Walker ability, just to heal the twin, my twin does have 2k shield and 10k hp so he can go for a bit but thanks for letting me know they are trying to rework all of those things

Edit: I do like to melee so when i do melee the gunning Twin helps a lot for those random enemies just out of reach

Edited by JohnTheMango

Ivara is an interesting take on things. Line up consecutive headshots with navigator or group enemies up with a noise arrow and then place a grenade in the middle of them, all the while having them never know you are there.

Wisp is also fun; I don't have a concrete answer as to why, but playing with her on some Hydron runs I just always have a good time. 

1 hour ago, JohnTheMango said:

I guess im looking more for a relaxed frame that i dont need to "try hard" and have to work too much to support my team

I find Oberon (my preferred build uses high Range & Efficiency) to be quite ... I guess comfortable to play.
Once tagged, you've got Health regen and +Armor on the whole Squad no matter how far away they go (unless they get nulli'd, argh)
and spreading some Hallowed Ground around isn't hard CC but will usually keep enemies busy amongst themselves for a good bit.

A high-Duration Nova turns lots of missions where killing isn't the main goal into more of a casual stroll,
90% damage reduction to Health via Null Star (with 300% Duration, also 4 Augment) doesn't exactly hurt in that regard, either.

5 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

I find Oberon (my preferred build uses high Range & Efficiency) to be quite ... I guess comfortable to play.
Once tagged, you've got Health regen and +Armor on the whole Squad no matter how far away they go (unless they get nulli'd, argh)
and spreading some Hallowed Ground around isn't hard CC but will usually keep enemies busy amongst themselves for a good bit.

A high-Duration Nova turns lots of missions where killing isn't the main goal into more of a casual stroll,
90% damage reduction to Health via Null Star (with 300% Duration, also 4 Augment) doesn't exactly hurt in that regard, either.

Oberon, i can see where that can be very useful and as you said comfortable, i havent tried him in AGES, think I'll give him a go again.

I don't remember using a nova before so it would be a new experience for me, thanks for the reply!

Edited by JohnTheMango

21 minutes ago, R34LM said:

Ivara is an interesting take on things. Line up consecutive headshots with navigator or group enemies up with a noise arrow and then place a grenade in the middle of them, all the while having them never know you are there.

Wisp is also fun; I don't have a concrete answer as to why, but playing with her on some Hydron runs I just always have a good time. 

I think i only have one of Ivara's parts, good insentive for me to farm for her!

And i only need one more part for wisp, maybe i should go try my luck and try and get it

Edited by JohnTheMango