Scar1282

What are these zealot dudes and how do i deal with them?

Question

I'm a new player, and in some missions i occasionally get enemy markers on the screen and they're always some type of zealot mob. Problem is while i'm chewing through everything else these guys just decimate me repeatedly. How on earth am I supposed to deal with them?

Posted (edited)

dodge, run, take cover to try and aim.

when they kill you and you revive, you have a few seconds of invincibility and a little energy back, if you are on Excalibur and above level 10, use your 4th ability and hack the hell out of them during those seconds, if you're on Mag or Volt or lower level Exca, run behind a wall or some cover so you can try and shoot safely then run to another spot and repeat. Dodge rolling will give you a lot of armor while you are moving too. (double tap dodge or custom control)

Between missions, use all the weapons/frame mods you can and upgrade them as far as your money,endo and mod capacity let you, it makes a lot of difference too.

Crowd Control skills may work but for a very very  short duration compared to normal mobs, don't rely on them, keep your energy for the rest of the mission.

Use the recruit channel to group up with other beginners or try your chance with public groups, beginner missions shouldn't be invaded by high level players rushing the missions, but it can happen.
These enemies gonna spawn every time if you stay long enough in the mission, and as a beginner, you need to learn mission layouts and get ressources, so you may encounter them basically every mission. It might be a good idea to group up with other beginners and learn together while Nightwave is up. Speaking in chat makes wonder to learn about people goals for the mission and exchanging new tricks.

I was in the same situation as you last nightwave, and yes beginners really lack of tools to deals with those kind of spawns. You gonna get killed a lot, just see this as a "strategic energy refill". And do your main quest, it'll give you more tools to deal with them at some point. There is a looooot of things to discover, don't let those guys discourage you. It's worth the struggle.

Oh I forgot, when you do a Rescue mission and dont trigger the alarm (or if you trigger the alarm you'll have to  kill a warden for this), you get a blueprint to craft some "specters" who are henchmen in the form of your chosen frame with infinite energy and ammo, that can be very helpful, though a bit expansive at first, but very worth crafting and using.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Specter

Edited by Kaleeiv
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

They're part of the current Nightwave story / season. More info on wiki.
As a new player...keep your distance, dodge and shoot them as much as you can. Warframe abilities also affect them. But yeah I can imagine you will struggle a bit regardless. Perhaps stick to public squads to make things a bit easier?

Edited by -AxHx-Vile

They are the Nightwave specific enemies. They are a bit tougher than the enemies in the starchart. The only way to deal with them is better gear/mods. If you are a lower level player it will be tough to deal with these guys.

Both of their weapons is projectile based so keep moving. Lure Torid dude to open space so wall wont kill you.

Posted (edited)

Lots of dodging, lots of shooting at their heads.

This can even be done as a new player, if the player itself has decent skills... And I don't mean Warframe Abilities.

Edited by Uhkretor

@Scar1282 have you checked the ingame information regarding the event yet? Lower right corner of your Esc menu has a button with the event title on it. Clicking on it will lead you through the story, and you can even further navigate through what has passed. It will help learn what you're expected to do and why. The story will also indicate that these zealots have mingled with a certain existing enemy faction and therefore received attributes common to them - you can use the damage types common for dealing with that faction in order to resolve the issues they bring.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CxLL said:

@Scar1282 have you checked the ingame information regarding the event yet? Lower right corner of your Esc menu has a button with the event title on it. Clicking on it will lead you through the story, and you can even further navigate through what has passed. It will help learn what you're expected to do and why. The story will also indicate that these zealots have mingled with a certain existing enemy faction and therefore received attributes common to them - you can use the damage types common for dealing with that faction in order to resolve the issues they bring.

I didn't actually know you could do this. I'm like, really new. I only have one frame and I'm on mercury I think. 

• Satisfied 1

Or you could just avoid them all together....

If the mission doesn't require you to baby sit a stationery Objective then you can just run away from them....

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Or you could just avoid them all together....

If the mission doesn't require you to baby sit a stationery Objective then you can just run away from them....

except they spawn right on top of you very often since they "fixed" their faction allegiance

7 minutes ago, Kaleeiv said:

except they spawn right on top of you very often since they "fixed" their faction allegiance

Good... that just makes it easier to avoid them.... It would be worse if they spawned ahead of you.... blocking off your escape....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scar1282 said:

I didn't actually know you could do this. I'm like, really new. I only have one frame and I'm on mercury I think. 

If that new frame is Excalubur by any chance - you are in luck. He is the only frame that can keep a hit or two at your current level.Trow on Vitality on his build (if you can upgrade it a couple of levels) and power strength and when you see the dudes wip out your exalted blade(it has an auto blocking function and insane damage) and you should be able to send them where they came from.

If Volt - use your shields, your zappy 1 and shoot them however you can.
If Mag - put them in a bubble and kill them.

If you can't kill them don't worry.  As Lutesque indicated, they aren't required to complete your mission.  Just an added bonus if you can.

yw

also another thing, practice your bullet jump (crouch+jump, and eventually double jump) it sends you in the direction your camera is facing, allowing you to jump very high if you are looking up. 
In some rooms you may find somewhere high enough to be unreachable for the zealots and procuring a secure cover while you can still shoot at them. These spots are often used for the hidden caches so it won't hurt to survey your surroundings in that direction too.

and good luck. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Kaleeiv said:

This, spawning on top of you, was what happened to me. I was leveling up some weapons and Loper, my Helminth Charger, when right at the end of the mission in the alcove just outside of the door leading to extraction, 27 meters away they hammered me. My Charger was knocked down four times, and I had to revive her which killed me four times. Every time we got up and going they hit me again. Finally, on my final revive, I got in between Loper and them and backed through the doorway and extracted. I was woefully under powered, because I was leveling up some crap weapons. I think I did manage to kill one of them. It sucked, though. I really thought that I was going to lose Loper. What was weird is that after that I ran a bunch of ops with strong kits and never saw them again. I guess they attack weak kits. I know now to look out for them. 

If everything else fails_RUN AWAY

Edited by (PS4)jester_of_clubz
forgot something

1 hour ago, (PS4)jester_of_clubz said:

I was leveling up some weapons and Loper, my Helminth Charger,

It is usually better to level one weapon/pet at a time with nothing else equipped, even without these zealots as a threat.They level quicker because it doesn't spread the affinity among all the weapons. For that reason is good to have a frame for leveling that doesn't depend so much on the weapon and can do many kills(Saryn) or stealth kills( Ash, Ivara , Excal )
IMO Saryn is your best bet when you want to level some things and kill the zealots because she can wreck them in an instant.
I tried with Mesa but they bypass her defences and one shot her...

On an open map (Plains or Vallis) they de-spawn if you run away from them in an archwing or K-drive for long enough.

7 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

It is usually better to level one weapon/pet at a time with nothing else equipped, even without these zealots as a threat.They level quicker because it doesn't spread the affinity among all the weapons. For that reason is good to have a frame for leveling that doesn't depend so much on the weapon and can do many kills(Saryn) or stealth kills( Ash, Ivara , Excal )
IMO Saryn is your best bet when you want to level some things and kill the zealots because she can wreck them in an instant.
I tried with Mesa but they bypass her defences and one shot her...

If a weapon is maxed, does it still spread the affinity out?

19 hours ago, CxLL said:

have you checked the ingame information regarding the event yet?

If you're really, really new you can't. I don't remember when exactly but I think I only got access to Nora and the ship radio when I unlocked Venus, or something similar: it's early, but it's not right away after the tutorial.

Cheese them with warframe abilites like equinox's rest or excal's radial blind or go invisible with loki. It even works with wukongs twin lol just have rubico or any sniper equipped and the wukong twin just kills them in a few shots lol.

8 hours ago, LightSaviour98 said:

Cheese them with warframe abilites like equinox's rest or excal's radial blind or go invisible with loki. It even works with wukongs twin lol just have rubico or any sniper equipped and the wukong twin just kills them in a few shots lol.

of course, because beginners who just reached Mercury have that kind of stuff

9 hours ago, Kaleeiv said:

of course, because beginners who just reached Mercury have that kind of stuff

lol wut excal is available for beginners smh :S
if u dont have excal then ur only option is git gud : ) 

1 hour ago, LightSaviour98 said:

lol wut excal is available for beginners smh :S
if u dont have excal then ur only option is git gud : ) 

I was running a low level Nyx, and her 1 that should have lasted 15+ seconds barely stood 3 seconds on the proselytizer, and I couldn't target the Herald at all.

I wouldn't recommend casting CC skills on them, energy is scarce enough for beginners to run normal stuff in missions, this is just a waste. Use the environment or run if you don't do enough weapon damage

• Upvote 1