Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On today's NW daily challenges

VanFanel1980mx

7 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

A daily first win on pluto excavation single extractor that was done in around 3 minute solo already yield 50k credits

You got Cryotic and other stuff from that, as I said it, if the challenge was "dissolve 12 mods into endo" it would have been reasonable because resource wise it doesn't put you in the red (in a manner of speaking, you usually earn something from doing the tasks instead of the opposite.)
EDIT: There are many things you can actually do with those resources instead of playing slots.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

1 minute ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

Transmutation is there for you to sink your extra credits and duplicate mods. If you're trying to complete your mod collection, this is actually a great way to get many of the ones you're missing. I actually got Healing Return this way instead of farming crawlers.

Is not very cost effective, that's the thing, it would be tolerable if it didn't consume credits or you could influence the outcome further than just polarities which also consumes more resources.

Transmutation is useful for Players that have a lot of resources, and know how to mostly target what they are looking for.

over the years i've Transmuted many highly Rare Mods that generally take a long time to get from Enemy Drops. if you have mountains of stuff and not much to do with it, and you want to get something that may take Players dozens upon dozens of hours to acquire potentially, you could always just burn a couple Million Credits and have a pretty decent Chance of getting that Mod.

Transmuting is like using the time you played before, to try and get something now. it's like a bank of sorts. you put in the Credits and Mods before, and you now spend those Resources to get something back out of it.

Bwahahahahaha, I just got 38,000 Credits as daily tribute. Get to keep my Hieracon run all to myself. Cheers, Simaris.

And now I just got 400 Endo from my Hieracon run. Compared thar to the 60 I would have got from melting down the 12 Vitality mods I transmuted. This just got better and better.

Edited by KnossosTNC

20 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Is not very cost effective, that's the thing, it would be tolerable if it didn't consume credits or you could influence the outcome further than just polarities which also consumes more resources.

Cost effective huh, it's more like to stop players from getting the "end game" mods that easily. Imagine them being able to transmute with just 1k credits. Then I cant sell all those corrupted mods for 15p already. Then I will have no plats. Then I will be poor af. Then I will be crying at the corner. 

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

What is acceptable for an Act, then? Nothing requiring you to do anything outside your normal play?

There is a reason the gilding was removed from future NW and a reason people don't like the forma challenge either, people are usually OK with tasks that can give them something in return aside from NW rep, in general people will dislike tasks that would be locked by previous grind (profit-taker), expending limited resources (daily standing limit and forma), or stuff like doing X with "friends/clanmates" (while a lot of people like to do these tasks solo), some are a bit less hated but undesirable due to the time they may require like 30 min survival.

2 minutes ago, HappyFishxas said:

Cost effective huh, it's more like to stop players from getting the "end game" mods that easily. Imagine them being able to transmute with just 1k credits. Then I cant sell all those corrupted mods for 15p already. Then I will have no plats. Then I will be poor af. Then I will be crying at the corner. 

Aside from very few transmutable mods none of the "end game" ones can be obtained that way and that includes corrupted mods, are you trying to make a case for transmutation because you just made my case for me, influencing transmutation via rarity or class would actually be cost effective.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

45 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Pet de dog/cat is ALMOST as bad as "kill profit-taker" in the sense that some players can miss out if they don't meet the conditions, the only saving grace is being only 1000 rep missing out instead of 7000.

If you haven't completed "Howl of the Kubrow" yet I'm gonna take a very wild guess and say you have no chance of prestiging Nightwave this season anyway.

Just now, sinnae said:

If you haven't completed "Howl of the Kubrow" yet I'm gonna take a very wild guess and say you have no chance of prestiging Nightwave this season anyway.

I think they even guarantee the kubrow egg nowadays, I used to play way back when that quest got implemented, it was a nightmare because the node was locked for a while, that is, until I could get a kubrow egg no alerts or nightmare missions in that node could be played.

1 minute ago, mac10smg--Toa_of_Green said:

....transmutation cores?

I already mentioned it, polarity manipulation still costs standing (daily cap), you also can't influence the mod class, you may decide to transmute 4 rare stance mods (that is an example) and use a V polarity, upon transmutation you may still get Blunderbuss.

6 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Aside from very few transmutable mods none of the "end game" ones can be obtained that way and that includes corrupted mods, are you trying to make a case for transmutation because you just made my case for me, influencing transmutation via rarity or class would actually be cost effective.

Hmm... I remember I've gotten Narrow Minded from transmuting my golden ones... Might be me imagining things or it isn't considered as "end game" for you. You do you. 

Poor people problems... Here I am sitting on literally hundreds of million credits, and not enough rare mods to transmute. And to think, I never farmed Index for credits like everyone else is doing, or profit taker, and I still got more than they do.

Have you ever transmuted Condition Overload and sold that for 50-100 platinum? No? Well I've done that about 6-8 times. And not just that mod either.

I don't even know why this is such a big deal. Either do it, or leave it. Farm a little bit of credits and you've got it. Instead you make a post about how bad it is and you can't afford to run your index a little.

1 minute ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I already mentioned it, polarity manipulation still costs standing (daily cap), you also can't influence the mod class, you may decide to transmute 4 rare stance mods (that is an example) and use a V polarity, upon transmutation you may still get Blunderbuss.

Well, I mean, this seems more like a complaint about transmutation itself rather than its presence as a Nightwave challenge. I don’t really see why you named it such, especially since it’s a daily challenge.

Just now, HappyFishxas said:

Hmm... I remember I've gotten Narrow Minded from transmuting my golden ones... Might be me imagining things or it isn't considered as "end game" for you. You do you. 

Could be a bug.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Narrow_Minded

Not sure about your case but back then some good mods were transmutable by accident, then they fixed it.

3 minutes ago, mac10smg--Toa_of_Green said:

Well, I mean, this seems more like a complaint about transmutation itself rather than its presence as a Nightwave challenge. I don’t really see why you named it such, especially since it’s a daily challenge.

You just said it.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

Just like the derelict vault challenge, this is another lazy attempt from DE to get people to go back and interact with old, outdated systems. They could have spent the time and effort to update these systems, and make them worth doing again. But they are too busy making new, bloated, feature creep riddled updates, so instead they simply try to bribe players into it with Nightwave standing.

At least with derelict vaults, even though it costs void traces, you are guaranteed to get some useful min/maxing mods out of it. But with transmutation, you will most likely just be throwing away your resources.

38 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

That mindset was the thing that led to the creation of Hema research.

no, that's a different scenario entirely. the income to expenses is totally different in that scenario. (very low income)

for Credits and trash Mods, our income dramatically outweighs the expenditure you might use on Transmuting in the long run.
let me state it in exact words again - Transmuting is for Players that have accrued mountains of this stuff, and the benefit that we get is being able to sometimes convert it into something else more useful.

Edited by taiiat

12 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Poor people problems... Here I am sitting on literally hundreds of million credits, and not enough rare mods to transmute. And to think, I never farmed Index for credits like everyone else is doing, or profit taker, and I still got more than they do.

Have you ever transmuted Condition Overload and sold that for 50-100 platinum? No? Well I've done that about 6-8 times. And not just that mod either.

I don't even know why this is such a big deal. Either do it, or leave it. Farm a little bit of credits and you've got it. Instead you make a post about how bad it is and you can't afford to run your index a little.

By any chance, are you a Warframe streamer in some capacity?