Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On today's NW daily challenges

VanFanel1980mx

20 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

There is a reason people still think you don't get enough NW rep per milestone.

So are you saying that credits are worth more than Nightwave rep?

Which would imply that to you credits are worth more than cosmetics, aura mods, unique weapon augments, Vauban, and most of all: Nitain.

1 minute ago, NekroArts said:

There's no actual value in doing it and the cost is far lower than getting it back especially when you factor in all the sources you got to get credits including passively.

Well that depends on the player doesn't it ? 

Not everyone can just snap their fingers and make 36 000 Credits with no effort...

This was a value I never saw during my first few weeks of Warframe....

6 minutes ago, Voltage said:

My point is RNG is integral to the game, and investment based RNG specifically is found all over the place. Most of what I listed is not broken or bad. Random mod packs were justifiably removed because they required premium currency (Platinum) to unlock. Mod transmutation cost only resources which equates to time. The entire game is a time investment with grind that is either a direct time investment (standing, affinity, Focus, etc) or grind based (Ephemeras, Arcane Enhancements, rare drops, etc.). You are attacking the core of the game over 72,000 Credits....

And thats an excuse to not do anything to fix it right ? Is that what you're saying ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, trst said:

So are you saying that credits are worth more than Nightwave rep?

Which would imply that to you credits are worth more than cosmetics, aura mods, unique weapon augments, Vauban, and most of all: Nitain.

Credits are a flexible resource, yes, you can earn them here and there but you also use them for a lot of things in the game, NW creds also expire, Nitain may be the only thing that people will spend most of their NW currency next to potatoes, you can even say that NW has taken down the prices of auras in the platinum market, in practical terms credits are akin to fuel to your machines.

This may sound a bit crazy but there is a reason most people with an income don't shell out a week's worth of their paycheck in lotto or slots.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

20 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

One Broken RNG At A Time buddy.... 

What should or shouldn't be removed should be determined on a case by case basis....

i'd like relays to have more minigames and that pvp have some ways to build up credits maybe lunaro can have some extra crap, uniforms, and decorations to unlock for the ship and warframes, there is those arcata and nerfpistols, along with the last splash cannons from the event that could make pvp more interesting inclusions as a pickup weapon or challenge, lunaro is abit in need of special mods and rivens, its own arcwing and blueprints to be popular enough to play, honestly has no customization or good rewards.

11 minutes ago, nslay said:

Yes! Without a doubt!

You're right. They augmented what you would normally earn mission, usually more than doubling what you could normally get.

Speak for yourself. You go ahead and do your 1 hour dark sector mission. I stuck with 10 1-2 minute Alert Exterminate/Capture missions for an easy 100k.

11 minutes ago, nslay said:

1 hour dark sector mission

Found your issue.

The 10-24k awarded by Dark Sectors are a mission reward thus you only need to reach the first wave and extract to get the credits. Which is also granted to you on top of anything earned in-mission. Sure alerts for exterminate or even capture missions can normally be finished in under the 5 minutes it'd take to finish a Dark Sector but you run into the other blaring issue Alerts had: most gave less than 10k credits. Plus Credit Boosters even work for Dark Sectors, meaning you could earn 20-48k minimum per run.

3 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Credits are a flexible resource, yes, you can earn them here and there but you also use them for a lot of things in the game, NW creds also expire, Nitain may be the only thing that people will spend most of their NW currency next to potatoes, you can even say that NW has taken down the prices of auras in the platinum market, in practical terms credits are akin to fuel to your machines.

I'm still taking it that you are of the opinion that Credits are more valuable than Nightwave rep.

I would take the time to list every single reward unique to Nightwave for dramatic effect but I think I've spent enough time in this thread as is.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Not everyone can just snap their fingers and make 36 000 Credits with no effort...

First mission of the day, you should be getting near 50k. The same mission will normally give about 25k.

In 2 sets of 5 waves, you're looking at about 75k. Doesn't seem too unreasonable to me. 

16 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Well that depends on the player doesn't it ? 

This was a value I never saw during my first few weeks of Warframe....

I don't expect all to have it in a snap, I expect all to have other sources to get credits outside of typical gameplay and Index. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

First mission of the day, you should be getting near 50k. The same mission will normally give about 25k.

In 2 sets of 5 waves, you're looking at about 75k. Doesn't seem too unreasonable TO ME

Well there you go... just sot down your own argument...

18 minutes ago, trst said:

Found your issue.

The 10-24k awarded by Dark Sectors are a mission reward thus you only need to reach the first wave and extract to get the credits. Which is also granted to you on top of anything earned in-mission. Sure alerts for exterminate or even capture missions can normally be finished in under the 5 minutes it'd take to finish a Dark Sector but you run into the other blaring issue Alerts had: most gave less than 10k credits. Plus Credit Boosters even work for Dark Sectors, meaning you could earn 20-48k minimum per run.

Or you can just run 4-5 Alert Capture/Exterminate missions in the same amount of time and earn more.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't even realize that Alerts would reward you up to an additional 30%... 10% for each additional squad member. But I always played in 4 player random pugs to do these missions as fast as possible.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Alert

Alerts rewarded between 2,000 and 20,000 credits and I remember 7k-10k being pretty common. Anyway 10 alerts is what I would run to get approximately 100k.

Edited by nslay

19 minutes ago, SnakeBadger said:

i'd like relays to have more minigames and that pvp have some ways to build up credits maybe lunaro can have some extra crap, uniforms, and decorations to unlock for the ship and warframes, there is those arcata and nerfpistols, along with the last splash cannons from the event that could make pvp more interesting inclusions as a pickup weapon or challenge, lunaro is abit in need of special mods and rivens, its own arcwing and blueprints to be popular enough to play, honestly has no customization or good rewards.

I think conclave should get further away from traditional PvP, I would even dare to say, Frame Fighter should be the only combat oriented PvP there is, but that's a bit off topic.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Austee said:

Is 2 sets of 5 wave runs for 75k unreasonable to you?

For bad RNG... there isn't any amount of credits thats going to satisfy anyone...

They should just change name of the challenge to "Give 36 000 Credits to Nora for 1000 Standing"....

6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Have you not been collecting the first-mission bonus? Is that what's informing your decisions here? Did you just not know about it all this time? 

It's not me im complaining about.... 

Thats something you do.... naturally you expect other to do the same rather than looking at how the issue affets various types of players....

8 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Also, I never called anyone a sot. 

Meant to say "Shot"....

2 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Is the content drought so bad that we run out of things to complain about? 72k credits is more than done in a single index round if ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

Honestly though, it’s starting to get a bit annoying seeing people constantly complain about “issues” that aren’t even real issues to begin with.

37 minutes ago, nslay said:

Yes! Without a doubt!

You're right. They augmented what you would normally earn mission, usually more than doubling what you could normally get.

Speak for yourself. You go ahead and do your 1 hour dark sector mission. I stuck with 10 1-2 minute Alert Exterminate/Capture missions for an easy 100k.

Uhhhh, 1 hour dark sector mission?  Try 5 and out at akkad, extractor and out at hieracon, or 5 minutes and out on any survival dark sector node.  Those all yielded more credits then basically any alerts that popped up that offered 10-12K credits for completing them and NOTHING else usually except sometimes you got 80 endo, 10 void traces, or something in such a small quantity you could get it just by playing the game.  Alerts were absolute garbage, people just resist change no matter how much of an improvement the new system is over the old system.  

If you're so credit broke that you can't afford to spend 36K creds transmuting some common mods, go to the index, do your first mission on hieracon or a sortie mission, or some other dark sectors.  Or skip the challenge as I can assure you missing 1K standing in nightwave isn't going to cost you getting to rank 30 by the end of this season.  If we want to quantify what 1K standing is in prestige mode it is literally .5 nitain credits since 15 creds can buy a pack of 5 nitain/every 2K standing equates to 1 nitain extract.  If nitain is that important to you, well, do all the challenges you can get and you'll have enough nitain by the end of season 2 to build everything except aura forma for every frame, but aura forma bp's aren't exactly easy to obtain and are a significant time investment if you want aura forma on every single frame in your arsenal.  

I'll admit I haven't read through most of this thread outside of the initial starting post, but..

Sheesh. People can really find anything to complain about, can't they?

Transmutation isn't meant as a primary source of anything. It's meant to be used if you have excess duplicates, and you have to many credits, and you have nothing else to use all of that for.
Of course not many use transmutation, because endo'ing your duplicates or selling them for credits is usually the preferred method.
This NW challenge was used as a means to remind people that transmutation EXISTS, especially for newer players as well.

You aren't SUPPOSED to get what you want. You're rolling a CHANCE for it, a VERY low chance.
It is meant as a credit and duplicate sink for a reason.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nslay said:

Or you can just run 4-5 Alert Capture/Exterminate missions in the same amount of time and earn more.

That’s just not true. And even if it was you would have to have 4 or 5 of those missions RNG’d to be exactly the same and all have 10,000 credit rewards which wasn’t often. 

Ceres dark sector survival is 20,000 for 5 min. With a booster you get 40,000. Every 10 mins earning 80,000 credits early in the star chart was very easy. And it only got to lvl 20 Infested so it wasn’t even remotely difficult.  Alerts never came close to that. Ever. 

And ok, maybe op or who ever else isn’t to Ceres yet. If they weren’t to at least Saturn they wouldn’t  ever have been seeing the random 10,000 credit alert reward considering it scaled with the planets. So they couldn’t count on that either. 

To say that alerts where an easy/better or efficient way to get credits is absurd. 

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Austee said:

That’s just not true. And even if it was you would have to have 4 or 5 of those missions RNG’d to be exactly the same and all have 10,000 credit rewards which wasn’t often. 

Ceres dark sector survival is 20,000 for 5 min. With a booster you get 40,000. Every 10 mins earning 80,000 credits early in the star chart was very easy. And it only got to lvl 20 Infested so it wasn’t even remotely difficult.  Alerts never came close to that. Ever. 

And ok, maybe op or who ever else isn’t to Ceres yet. If they weren’t to at least Saturn they wouldn’t  ever have been seeing the random 10,000 credit alert reward considering it scaled with the planets. So they couldn’t count on that either. 

To say that alerts where an easy/better or efficient way to get credits is absurd. 

It's 25,000 or more after 5 waves. And then you repeat. I did it a lot when I wasn't good enough for Index. Also gets you a dew Orokin cells. That guys math is a way off. And there's no way in hell he got more credits from Alerts while Seimeni is available.

11 minutes ago, (NSW)Austee said:

Credit alerts ranged between 2000 and 20000 credits (just checked) and 7-10k was pretty average from what I remember.  I only had to do about 10 alerts to get around 100k ... and they were mostly Exterminate/Capture alerts. Most missions lasted 1-2 minutes in random 4 player pugs... and apparently I got a 30% credit bonus from having 3 other squad mates.

11 minutes ago, (NSW)Austee said:

They really were. And no, I don't buy boosters unless Baro sells them.

16 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

If you're so credit broke that you can't afford to spend 36K creds transmuting some common mods, go to the index, do your first mission on hieracon or a sortie mission, or some other dark sectors.  Or skip the challenge as I can assure you missing 1K standing in nightwave isn't going to cost you getting to rank 30 by the end of this season.  If we want to quantify what 1K standing is in prestige mode it is literally .5 nitain credits since 15 creds can buy a pack of 5 nitain/every 2K standing equates to 1 nitain extract.  If nitain is that important to you, well, do all the challenges you can get and you'll have enough nitain by the end of season 2 to build everything except aura forma for every frame, but aura forma bp's aren't exactly easy to obtain and are a significant time investment if you want aura forma on every single frame in your arsenal.  

I am guessing you're just quickly scrolling through thread and that's completely understandable, but why don't you go read my very first post for context. Please. Especially the part about Nightwave being particularly good for me now, but not as a new player.

EDIT: P.S. If you're doing Sortie or Akkad or Hieracon, you already have access to Index on Neptune.

Edited by nslay

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Its not the mods thats the problem.

Its the cost of having the privilege to get #*!%ed over by the RNG thats the problem. 

Are you comfortable forking over thousands of credits for badluck ?

Well, it’s expected to have low/bad RNG with how many credits we have and how fast we can acquire them so easily.

As for newer players though, it is indeed harder for them to acquire said credits, but the act is aimed more towards players who have stock piles of credits. Now even if a newer player is unable to complete the act, then they are able to skip it if needed since it is not entirely necessary to complete each and every act to reach full rank and so on.

Seeing a lot of talk say otherwise but pretty sure you can influence everything about the mod you recive from transmutation. Stacking rarity, polarity, and type (melee, primary) all make it more likely to be what you stacked for. It doesn't guarantee it but it increases your chances. Similar to refining a relic. You aren't guaranteed gold loot but the chance increases.