Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On today's NW daily challenges

VanFanel1980mx

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

Seeing a lot of talk say otherwise but pretty sure you can influence everything about the mod you recive from transmutation. Stacking rarity, polarity, and type (melee, primary) all make it more likely to be what you stacked for. It doesn't guarantee it but it increases your chances. Similar to refining a relic. You aren't guaranteed gold loot but the chance increases.

Nope, I have played the game for a decent amount of time and tried a lot of combinations so far, only the cores work.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

You don't get it do you ? 

Even if it was just 5 Credits and 2 Mods you are still paying for a rigged Slot machine. Transmutation is just that awful....alot of people probably even forgot it was a thing before this challenge... 

I'd rather do a Tridolon with 500 Ping and useless team nates than Transmute Mods....

Is it honestly too much to ask you to just throw 36k credits and a few useless mods down the drain for NW standing?

I never use transmutation because if it’s RNG (But so is the rest of the game. Especially trying to get certain rare mods) but I find this challenge an easy 1k standing. 

You’re acting like transmutation in Warframe is the equivalent of Apex Legends latest debacle with their Iron Crown event, and it’s funny and sad at the same time.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Is it honestly too much to ask you to just throw 36k credits and a few useless mods down the drain for NW standing?

I never use transmutation because if it’s RNG (But so is the rest of the game. Especially trying to get certain rare mods) but I find this challenge an easy 1k standing. 

You’re acting like transmutation in Warframe is the equivalent of Apex Legends latest debacle with their Iron Crown event, and it’s funny and sad at the same time.

Agreed, it’s definitely being blown way out of portion than what it actually is. 

good idea yes GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

You are literally telling me to waste my time on the index to "break even" on a system that would usually allow me to GAIN stuff (NW), collect rare mods? OK, you still earn something, complete X missions? you still get something, gild a modular item? you are most likely wasting resources, same goes for transmutation.

3 hours ago, 844448 said:

brooooo.....72k credits is like....1 round of low risk index you knooowww.... it's not even that hard to for two rooouuuunddss..

I guess he thinks hes too good to farm his stuff like the rest of us, he'd rather just sit here and complain about losing his precious creds over a simple Nightwave challenge. The part that gets me is he doesn't want to waste his already useless mods to do it. The very mods that drop like candy, likely the very same mods every single one of us hoard until we eventually dump them all for endo. Thats too hard for him I guess.

Edited by (PS4)ErydisTheLucario
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Nope, I have played the game for a decent amount of time and tried a lot of combinations so far, only the cores work.

I'm just going by the wiki (that admittedly has a ciation needed after this information). However it seems unlikely rarity would effect cost to transmute but not the result. Unless you have performed thousands of transmutes with rigourus record keeping I don't really see how you could say with certainty.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

I'm just going by the wiki (that admittedly has a ciation needed after this information). However it seems unlikely rarity would effect cost to transmute but not the result. Unless you have performed thousands of transmutes with rigourus record keeping I don't really see how you could say with certainty.

You can try it if you think I am just "unlucky", try to get a specific class mod by transmuting whatever mods of said class and see what you get, for example, try to get a shotgun mod by transmuting four shotgun mods.

So people are just complaining about playing the game again? And if you don't like the challenges, then just dont to them...you have like 4-5 more weeks of nightwave left to catch up on points, hell i havent done the profit taker, i still need to rank up to old mate, im about maybe a week away from that if i get all my standing there every day, BUT i don't  HAVE to do it, im doing it to unlock the arcanes for kitguns, because I WANT TO. 

If its a grind, so what? What else are you going to to if you don't want to work for something you want? Sit in your orbiter and count your teeth? Afk in missions because you can't be bothered to play the game and then complain about having to play the game?

You are complaining about credits, a resource we get from every mission, there is no shortage of them, they are not hard to farm or a rare resource.

Play the game, if you don't like something then don't buy/do it. Continue with your normal gameplay and have fun!

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

This guy right here, he has the BIG BRAIN

So much salt, you'd think that without this particular challenge nobody could reach 30.

45 endo and 36k credits is a lot now? *Remembers that one screen shot with ~50 Pedestal Prime*

For every challenge there's someone new enough that finds it unfair, because he hasn't reached that point where he sees it as trivial.
Back in my days those players, instead of making pointless topics would push a bit to reach said stage of progress.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

So much salt, you'd think that without this particular challenge nobody could reach 30.

45 endo and 36k credits is a lot now? *Remembers that one screen shot with ~50 Pedestal Prime*

For every challenge there's someone new enough that finds it unfair, because he hasn't reached that point where he sees it as trivial.
Back in my days those players, instead of making pointless topics would push a bit to reach said stage of progress.

You, have a cookie

6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

It's not me im complaining about.... 

Thats something you do.... naturally you expect other to do the same rather than looking at how the issue affets various types of players....

So you're still complaining on behalf of other people who may not even exist? 

If you want to know what I do, it's pretty simple. I explain to any newbs that some missions pay a 'bonus' of about 20k credits, when you extract, which is nice. They often get excited about the 20k credits. Then I explain that the first mission of the day gains double credits, and that this applies to the bonus as well. They often start to squee when they get 50k credits off of one mission. 

Sometimes I also explain what credit boosters are and how that stacks. 

And lastly, I explain how when they get to Neptune, the 20k bonus starts to look like chump change and encourage them to try to get there. 

When I get a chance and figure that they're ready, I try to take them to Helene and explain how the shared affinity works and why some maps and enemies are better than others, for levelling gear. 

That way they begin to realise that they're able to get what they want through knowing more about the game and working towards their goals. That keeps me from having to explain the basics to belligerent YouTube lovers, who think that everything their heroes claim is "garbage" or "trash" to get the gullible viewers who are addicted to clickbait, is actually no good when it's really just a matter of using the right tools for the job at hand. 

If someone does that with the OP then odds are they won't think 72k credits such a huge deal any more. Think about it. 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977
Minor edits.

7 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Honestly though, it’s starting to get a bit annoying seeing people constantly complain about “issues” that aren’t even real issues to begin with.

Like bruh, all i need to do, and that is implying that DE has somehow deleted all my credits by accident, is log in, sell my oberons, go to the mod screen, and transmute 12 of my multiple thousands of trash common mods.

Very hard...needs urgent fixing...

8 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Not everyone can just snap their fingers and make 36 000 Credits with no effort...

Actually you can. And it has been explained before how.

• Like 1

im confused...

You're complaining about 32k credits? But then why are you crying about rng? Are you trying to get the challenge removed or the whole system as a whole? Are you seriously spending time crying about 32k on the forums then actually farming back 32k credits?

32k credits is like one login day reward, one low risk index run, infact nearly anything insert mission one run.

Also people complained about having to pet their kubrow? They're gonna hate pet stores then...

12 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

No, I am stingy about 72,000 credits and the fact that it would be way better to dissolve 12 duplicates into Endo instead of effectively throwing away 9 mods.

Not zero credits? I guess you've never heard of:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20171007152847latest?cb=20171007153243latest?cb=20171007155210

5,000 Standing apiece from Simaris, or about the amount you can get in a day or two of Synthesis.

Yes, Transmutation is pretty lousy. But imo, what needs changing isn't the cost, it's the absolutely horrendous drop tables from it. I don't think I've ever gotten better than a common Mod from it.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Kamil-the-KamiKa said:

im confused...

You're complaining about 32k credits? But then why are you crying about rng? Are you trying to get the challenge removed or the whole system as a whole? Are you seriously spending time crying about 32k on the forums then actually farming back 32k credits?

32k credits is like one login day reward, one low risk index run, infact nearly anything insert mission one run.

Also people complained about having to pet their kubrow? They're gonna hate pet stores then...

Welcome to the forums. People here manage to complain about any and everything. 

And yes, there have even been threads about why being rewarded for having to deploy a glyph during missions is a bad thing. 

The problem is that most people just used to ignore the alerts, just like how pretty much all of us have content that we prefer, so we just need w for it and we will Wawa st do that and forget about the rest of the game. 

Nightwave is a way of killing both birds with a single stone. Give us rewards for playing parts of the game that we'd generally ignore, and give us options for getting the alert rewards that were locked behind RNG which meant that you never knew if you were going to see the thing that you really needed for the next few weeks. 

But it requires that we participate in order to be rewarded, which apparently makes some people angry. 

40 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Welcome to the forums. People here manage to complain about any and everything. 

And yes, there have even been threads about why being rewarded for having to deploy a glyph during missions is a bad thing. 

The problem is that most people just used to ignore the alerts, just like how pretty much all of us have content that we prefer, so we just need w for it and we will Wawa st do that and forget about the rest of the game. 

Nightwave is a way of killing both birds with a single stone. Give us rewards for playing parts of the game that we'd generally ignore, and give us options for getting the alert rewards that were locked behind RNG which meant that you never knew if you were going to see the thing that you really needed for the next few weeks. 

But it requires that we participate in order to be rewarded, which apparently makes some people angry. 

Looks like we can see eye to eye about something 

Couldn't of said it better myself 

12 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

You can try it if you think I am just "unlucky", try to get a specific class mod by transmuting whatever mods of said class and see what you get, for example, try to get a shotgun mod by transmuting four shotgun mods.

I have. I did all melee mods along with Madurai cores for this challenge. I got melee mods at least twice. However this means nothing, much more extensive testing would be needed to reach any reasonable conclusion.

18 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

No, I am stingy about 72,000 credits and the fact that it would be way better to dissolve 12 duplicates into Endo instead of effectively throwing away 9 mods.

Yeah that stack of 4 Redirections worth 30 Endo is too valuable are you reading this Steve?