Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flynn says warframe never again!

Chicken-Biryani

28 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Didn't he get banned for abusing alt accounts?

I believe so. Just like N00bshowtek was banned for exploiting the game and spreading that information.

No matter how important they think themselves they are not above the game. Well, unless they have special victim and minority cards, that is.

Spoiler

And just in case someone wonders about any possible bias, I do watch regularly some content creators like Potato, MCGamer and Quite Shallow. But the reason I like them is because they usually provide "non-invasive" feedback instead of plainly complaining, tend to stay away from baseless conflict and create good and useful content, serious or with comedy.

I'm sure there are others just as good, but I don't watch any others on a regular basis, truth be told. And I'd still condemn those I mentioned if they started being pushy against DE like many of their peers tend to be. 

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

9 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Can't blame him. Warframe is really lackluster with updates. It doesn't take long to run out of things to do, unless you're one of those people who rather slog through content.

And how do you define "run out of things to do" when you have so many modes to do?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 844448 said:

And how do you define "run out of things to do" when you have so many modes to do?

When you have no reason to run all those many modes anymore.

Why play Spy when you don't need any of the rewards it offer?

Why play tridolon when you got all the arcanes you wanted, focus schools are maxed, and you don't need plat?

Why play arbitrations when you already got all of the relevant rewards for you?

Run out of things to do = No reason to play the game

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Why play tridolon when you got all the arcanes you wanted, focus schools are maxed, and you don't need plat?

They could have better rewards, true. But that's only a small part of the problem. Even if they had better rewards it'd be meaningless if people eat trough content at a faster rate than DE can create new stuff. 

Essentially, for any new player this game is absolutely packed with stuff to do. Months/Years worth of gameplay until they reach the "bored veteran" status, assuming they don't no-life the living heck out of the game. But DE relies on constant updates, which means content per release is smaller than most other companies that release entire sequels or expansion packs.

And veterans, dedicated players as we are, already know our way around whatever DE releases. Which means that not only the content releases are not big, we have the means and the know-how to eat trough them faster than anyone. New resource? I have my Nekros fully ready possibly even whatever time is left from that 36h booster from login. New boss? I can wing it in under 2m because I already have top gear.

Most veterans should know that there are limits to content no matter how much DE wants there's no way they can satiate the thirst most vets have. And then there's even the fact that "content" is very subjective, and that releasing something to please a given group (game modes, open worlds, reworks, frames, quests, etc.) will always make the other groups mad because it does not cater towards them.

Sometimes we have to realize that when we reach the limit of what there is to do in WF maybe exploring other options is a viable choice. Like other games or real-life hobbies. Even if we are above all warframe players and want to play it. Warframe is my main game and I do sortie, nightwave and fissures everyday, with the occasional Arbitration. Doesn't stop me from getting bored as hell, though. Which is why yesterday I finished Assassin's Creed: Odyssey completely, and today I will begin to focus more on No Man's Sky, Subnautica and Monster Hunter:World. All of them most likely after I finish my daily Warframe tasks and if I have time and will to do so. I might also just skip Warframe on some days and go right away to my secondary games. What I cannot expect is for Warframe to have new expansions to eat trough every week.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

So it's because of the loot, you only play because there's something you chase. I guess I'm the different one because I still play spy even when I have numerous copies of those dual stat elemental mods, even I still play E Prime and Mariana exterminate when there's nothing to chase whatsoever so you might want to ask

"Do you play for the things to chase or the gameplay?"

If you only go for the reward, you will never be satisfied even when you have the whole universe in your hand

47 minutes ago, 844448 said:

So it's because of the loot, you only play because there's something you chase. I guess I'm the different one because I still play spy even when I have numerous copies of those dual stat elemental mods, even I still play E Prime and Mariana exterminate when there's nothing to chase whatsoever so you might want to ask

"Do you play for the things to chase or the gameplay?"

If you only go for the reward, you will never be satisfied even when you have the whole universe in your hand

I play for both, but when gameplay is the same for the majority of the content, it really only boils down to whether or not it's worth running a content, be it for the reward or some sense of accomplishment.

If you're satisfied with just running a mission for the sake of running a mission, that's really good for you. Content drought will not affect your enjoyment of the game any time soon.

I enjoy the gameplay while progressing towards a goal or reward, but when the game goes months without any "relevant" content or introduces content that can be finished in a single day, that does leave me and a lot of people unsatisfied.

This isn't a finished game, where you beat it and never touch it again.

This is supposed to be an online game with continuous updates, but when you only get one big update per year, people are gonna complain that there's nothing to do for 11 months or that the longevity of the new content is too short.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

I play for both, but when gameplay is the same for the majority of the content, it really only boils down to whether or not it's worth running a content, be it for the reward or some sense of accomplishment.

If you're satisfied with just running a mission for the sake of running a mission, that's really good for you. Content drought will not affect your enjoyment of the game any time soon.

I enjoy the gameplay while progressing towards a goal or reward, but when the game goes months without any "relevant" content or introduces content that can be finished in a single day, that does leave me and a lot of people unsatisfied.

This is supposed to be an online game with continuous updates, but when you only get one big update per year, people are gonna complain that there's nothing to do for 11 months or that the longevity of the new content is too short.

Funny thing is that you completely ignore the medium updates they put in between and straight saying there's nothing to do for 11 months. Is there really nothing to do, or it's just that you don't have any will to play? There's fissure for parts that can be turned into ducat or platinum, sortie for riven or anasa, profit taker and exploiter for archwing mods/quick credits and hyldrin respectively, occasional events like ghouls and thermia fractures but sure, there's nothing to do and the longevity is too short, or do you prefer DE start putting randomness everywhere as longevity? Isn't that how so many games hold that long right? Finding that one drop with god roll perks and stats (+5 Gold vitality with +1000% health, good luck finding it as longevity) or perhaps a completely new system where you have to grind again from scratch to avoid veterans like you completing the content in a single day? Isn't that how longevity in other games works? Or am I wrong?

I'm kinda bummed about it. I used Iflynn's guides when I was waiting for warframe to drop on Switch. I also liked Life of Rio most of the time, too.  But I guess we still have other creators as well as new official partners like Jizo. Oh well, good luck to Flynn, but I have a feeling that this game gets under your skin and sooner or later everyone comes back, if only for a short time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Good luck explaining this to the "intellectuals" in here. 

• Like 3

Iam wondering where Mogamu is atm 

i grew up with Mogamu's vid

then Twitch came with iFlyn , such an cool dude 

sad to see him go . but then again if you stay with an certain game . you'll end up bored 

its an good option to play diffrent games and come back later in warframe when some new content releases

in that way maby warframe stays more intresting idk this is what i normal do when iam burned out

there are more games beside next to warframe

Good luck friendly iFlyn i enjoyed the vids over the years