Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

upcoming gauss thoughts

Foxyboi95

So far, im really excited for gauss to come out and so far his kit seems fine. Although, I do recommend one change and idk if anyone at DE has already thought of this but, his kinetic shielding/armor ability could use a bit of a change. As stated, this ability will generate energy from physical, heat, and cold damage. While this is kind of thematic with his kit/engine theme, there is one problem...cold damage is the least encountered damage type in the game. The only times a players gets hit with cold damage is when in the freezing cold on Europa, when blowing up an Ln2 barrel, and the cold hyenas. Now, during on of the steams I remember since a grineer unit that hit excal with a cold proc, so maybe there will be more units that do cold damage. Since heat can be found easily, hybrid moas, scorches, caustic eximus, and others.

So basically another useless passive because they couldn't think of anytihng better, how about a passive that fits him but still works on most maps and factions instead of makign it so niche, Ember crys in the corner by now with her passive also.

Passive were introduced as nice ideas but then were halfway dropped already on older frames getting mediocor or uselss ones and now even new ones they seem to ran out of ideas or unable to maek good use with them.

We need passive rework overall first, why i disliek them droppign new frames so often now, old stuff lacks behind to much by now (not to speak of no lore anymore for those new shiny frames which hurts the most).

But his kinetic armor isn't his passive. If I remember right its his 3rd ability. Its his 2nd or 3rd power, one takes in cold and heat, the other releases them. And while I agree that some passives could use a rework, they were designed to be a little bonus that would work in curtain scenarios while being thematic to the frames' design. While mag's passive does kind of suck, its thematic and not too bad for starting players that pick her since they wont have a sentinel for a while. And yes, the newer frames need lore. We went from gara who blew herself up fighting a massive sentient and having her parts scattered, to garuda who is found randomly in a bush. But, DE is juggling a lot at once so some things get less attention then others.

Edited by Foxyboi95

4 hours ago, Marine027 said:

So basically another useless passive because they couldn't think of anytihng better, how about a passive that fits him but still works on most maps and factions instead of makign it so niche, Ember crys in the corner by now with her passive also.

Passive were introduced as nice ideas but then were halfway dropped already on older frames getting mediocor or uselss ones and now even new ones they seem to ran out of ideas or unable to maek good use with them.

We need passive rework overall first, why i disliek them droppign new frames so often now, old stuff lacks behind to much by now (not to speak of no lore anymore for those new shiny frames which hurts the most).

Not sure that's the passive, wasn't that his second ability? 

Gauss' passive is his gauge granting increasing shield recharge rate. Kinetic Plating is the 2nd ability that helps him tank against those damage types.

IMO Kinetic Plating should also protect against Blast as well as Heat or Cold, since Thermal Sunder plays on that elemental combination as well.

Gauss looks boring AF, mish mash of other frames. 

1. Zephyr 1 but grounded meaning worse

2. Worse Gara 2

3. Ember 3 meaning dont ever use it

4. Wisps 1 but only the speed part

Yeap not a fan at all, im more interested in Grendel that has only 1 stolen ability (his 4 is undertow, you know it)

Edited by kuciol

I am excited for his whole kit. His 2 hopefully can tank late game, his 3 will do wonders to crowds and his 4 is dope and will be awesome to use for guns or melee. He seems like the Fast and Furious of the game. Hes Brian 'Oconner to Volt-Dominic Toretto. Volt is more electric,speed, team and self buffs where Gauss is more kinetic, speed and self buffs. Is he a great frame? Probaly not. Will he be good and useful for like 2 hour runs and all mission types open world or indoor missions. I think so. Will see once people start building him when he arrives next week.

Edited by (PS4)allfatherthor77

I think someone is confused here. One of his powers can rapidly increase kinetic energy around him, heat damage, or rapidly absorb it, cold damage, and if done fast enough you make things explode. His passive is the increase in shield recharge.

I just hope I can get him to look like jehuti or exia for reasons.