Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An idea for Kuva Disruption!

Midas

Kuva Disruption

Hello!

I would like to start by saying me and a couple of my clanmates (all 2k+ ingame hours and a lot of experience with the game) have decided on an idea for disruption to benefit players that have grinded to oblivion. To start we'll be talking about scaling kuva rewards (capping at 3500, equal to one riven reroll!) Cosmetic untradable rewards, and the benefits it brings to team play.

Disruption Overview

During Operation: Hostile Mergers, my clan fell in love with Disruption. We all used discord to coordinate our keys, Demolyst locations, and to prepare for team oriented combat like trials. It got to the point where me and my clan did not have to communicate at all because everyone played with their map open + marked keys and had a specific key each time. Everyone ran redeemer prime to kill upwards of level 600 demos (recover 14 million hp in half a second). It was a real push for endgame players and a lot of them felt challenged by it. We spent a total of 24 INGAME hours in disruption which rewarded us with a leaderboard position in the top 10 (personal achievement we set for ourselves, no real value though!). The pros of Disruption is team play completely. The cons are essentially the rewards as always.

Kuva Disruption

For Kuva Disruption, we came to the conclusion that running each demolyst individually would reward less Kuva than running all four at once. This next idea we had was capped scaling rewards for Disruption. "NOW HOLD ON MIDAS we have had this discussion on the forums for 6 years about scaling rewards! It just won't happen!". My response to that is yes, that may be true but we have never had CAPPED scaling rewards that require extreme coordination and effort like Eidolons to successfully complete. The cap would be at 3,500 Kuva total, this cap would start at around level 150+. Level 150 is considered the star chart cap imo (Sorties). Going beyond that will take pretty strong weapon and warframe builds. YOU MUST RUN ALL FOUR DEMOLYST for 3500 kuva per round. Finally I believe Ephemera/Cosmetic rewards based on how far you get (level 200, 400, 600...) should be given out as an achievement to players who work hard to get that far.

Pros

• Would provide great group coordination to prepare Tenno for trials mindset
  • Would open up communication and coordination only seen in one area of the game
  • A form of Endurance that is extremely rewarding and time occupying
  • 3500 Kuva per round if done perfectly and elegantly starting at level 150
  • Cosmetic rewards per every 200 enemy levels
  • Reduced Kuva Grind! YAY
  • More expensive Rivens are created, helping D.E. by allowing people to spend more plat.

Cons

• Requires Coordination (Warframe is a casual game, this is hard to do. My Argument is that this is for endgame players and requires experience!)
  • Requires all four Demolyst be capped per round for 3500 Kuva.
  • Not certain what percent of the community is interested in Endurance in 2019. I have seen a lot more people interested in Eidolons and harder content as of 2019

Conclusion

Please respond with Feedback! Does this idea sound nice? Want to add something to it? I would love to hear it. If you are commenting about Endurance content i'd recommend under your profile you have 1500 hours on in-game experience. If you are from a casual side of play, go for it and say how you would feel here or how we can implement it to help you as well! Please provide POSITIVE criticism, and good ideas!

Feedback

• Suggestion to provide more Kuva per 4 caps in a round to compete with other game modes!

- Midas

Guns N Roses

Edited by Midas
  • Like 3

I definitely love the concept and the overall design of this idea. It offers sufficient challenge without being too out of bounds. The one question here is that, is the value of the kuva reward decisive or just a temporary placeholder? Because 3500 for a 4 demolyst cap at that high level sounds a bit too low. For two reasons.

1] You can make a lot more kuva from survivals and siphons with far less effort. Kuva Survival has enemy levels at only 130-140 one hour in. By that time, without any booster or buffs, you have around 8000 kuva. 

2] And to go off that note, disruption rewards are considered "wave rewards" and not "drops" as they would be in siphons and survivals, so they are not affected by boosters, kavat buffs, etc. So using boosters would just push the disparity in rewards even further when compared to the effort.

So I would either like the kuva rewards much higher, or, to counter this, MAYBE I would suggest the idea of going the arbitrations way. Have a kind of token/currency that would drop along with wave rewards and that in turn can be used to redeem various kuva related stuff from a vendor. It can have raw kuva like Nightwave.. 10k-15k or so, riven transmuters, maybe there could be new rewards added like riven polarity changers..It would be a an overall riven/kuva centric mission type.

38 minutes ago, Arkennstar said:

I definitely love the concept and the overall design of this idea. It offers sufficient challenge without being too out of bounds. The one question here is that, is the value of the kuva reward decisive or just a temporary placeholder? Because 3500 for a 4 demolyst cap at that high level sounds a bit too low. For two reasons.

1] You can make a lot more kuva from survivals and siphons with far less effort. Kuva Survival has enemy levels at only 130-140 one hour in. By that time, without any booster or buffs, you have around 8000 kuva. 

2] And to go off that note, disruption rewards are considered "wave rewards" and not "drops" as they would be in siphons and survivals, so they are not affected by boosters, kavat buffs, etc. So using boosters would just push the disparity in rewards even further when compared to the effort.

So I would either like the kuva rewards much higher, or, to counter this, MAYBE I would suggest the idea of going the arbitrations way. Have a kind of token/currency that would drop along with wave rewards and that in turn can be used to redeem various kuva related stuff from a vendor. It can have raw kuva like Nightwave.. 10k-15k or so, riven transmuters, maybe there could be new rewards added like riven polarity changers..It would be a an overall riven/kuva centric mission type.

Very good feedback! Higher because Disruption is an intense game mode! A higher Kuva count would be more productive for certain.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-08-21 at 4:30 PM, Midas said:

We spent a total of 24 INGAME hours in disruption

if that was 24h in one go, i stop feeling crazy for a 8 hours run... how do you even stay awake or do toilette breaks (no, don't tell me this one, i think i don't want to know ^^)

On 2019-08-21 at 10:30 AM, Midas said:

Cons

• Requires Coordination (Warframe is a casual game, this is hard to do. My Argument is that this is for endgame players and requires experience!)

That's a pretty huge con for people with dead clans and/or a friends list with the most recent person logged in 700+ days ago. As it effectively becomes a penalty for those of us anti-social "endgame" folks with the experience and loadouts to do it but can't be bothered to spam recruiting chat looking for 3 other like-minded/equipped persons, it becomes the 2019 Lunaro--could potentially be fun if there were other people willing to do it.