Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

lith meso neo axi why?

ZeroX4

i see i made my question unclear
so here is what im really asking about

i dont care about 4 types of relics and where we are getting them from
for me we could pull them all out from lotus butt for all i care 

but my question and problem is why do we have 4 types of fissures?
for example i have allot of neo relics and i want to go to defense to open them but my god stephano

would it hurt any1 if we could open any relic on any fissure?

so my question should be more like why we have 4 types of fissures instead of just a fissure

i often dont do relics just because relic types i want to open dont have any fissure with mission type i want to do atm 
i believe many ppl struggle with same issue but well we just dont care that much about it

----------------------------------original question below------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
any reason why we have 4 different types of relics?
and not just 1 type of relics where we can use any of them no matter where we go?

i would understand if FOR EXAMPLE you could get most rare stuff only from axi or just unvaulted/released prime stuff
formas only from lith and some meso
or if lith meso and neo would be reserved just for weapon junk and axi just for warframe

that would make some sense to me but for now do we just have 4 types of relics just for sake having 4 types of relics?

Edited by ZeroZX4

Probably to encourage you to move through the Star Chart and play more different missions. If you could get all relics from any mission and open them at any fissure, there would be no incentive to play anything but Lith and E Prime on Earth.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 14

4, because before there were 4 different Orokin towers in the Void, on which before drop prime items.

Plus it is more convenient than all in one pile.

P.S: ps: Axi would be too hard to find in this option, and it would be harder to get primes ...

Edited by HyperCOGENT
  • Like 4

I understand the split when it comes to obtaining them, since if every relic was just lith or axi it would be much harder to farm for a specific relic. I do however not understand why opening them is split into lith/meso/neo/axi. I absolutely hate running most lith and meso fissures because they are simply too trivial. I would far prefer being able to go to any fissure I like to open them. Or atleast be able to open them in tiers higher than the relic, so I could for instance open a lith/meso/neo in axi but not an axi in any tier below axi.

It really wouldnt make much of a difference to others since we dont rely on pugs to have the specific relics we need either way. If we want to share we do so in rad shares already, so I dont really see a negative side to allowing us to open low tier relics in high tier fissures.

• Like 1

You don't know the history about it, do you? Now sit down and listen

Before relics, you used void keys to enter the void and they're divided to 4 tiers

T1, T2, T3 and T4

T4 was the hardest one with 2x damage on enemies and the highest level before changed to relic with tiers

T1 : Lith

T2 : Meso

T3 : Neo

T4 : Axi

That's why you have 4 different tiers in relics

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 844448 said:

You don't know the history about it, do you? Now sit down and listen

Before relics, you used void keys to enter the void and they're divided to 4 tiers

T1, T2, T3 and T4

T4 was the hardest one with 2x damage on enemies and the highest level before changed to relic with tiers

T1 : Lith

T2 : Meso

T3 : Neo

T4 : Axi

That's why you have 4 different tiers in relics

Adding to this, I believe all existing keys were converted into relics when they were introduced, so it made sense to have a relic era for each of the old tiers.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

49 minutes ago, HyperCOGENT said:

42 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

42 minutes ago, CandyManCriminal said:

39 minutes ago, 844448 said:

updated my question since it was missleading

58 minutes ago, ZeroZX4 said:

so my question should be more like why we have 4 types of fissures instead of just a fissure

Knossos's answer still applies:

55 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

If you could get all relics from any mission and open them at any fissure, there would be no incentive to play anything but Lith and E Prime on Earth.

(I see they replied as I was typing this, got ninja'd lol)

27 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Knossos's answer still applies:

(I see they replied as I was typing this, got ninja'd lol)

well nope
i believe many ppl like me just do relics because there is no mission type with fissure for relic they want to open

so for example if i never go to spy to open relics and many others do the same
i believe letting us open any relic on any fissure would not change anything

but on other hand i believe there are tons of ppl who like spy missions and open relics on them so it would not say having 1 fissure type for all relics would make some fissures missions empty

32 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Doesn't change my answer.

mr 27 here with less then 40 days to 700th daily tribute

and never in my gameplay-time i did go to any missions for sole purpose of getting SOME kind of a relic
and then i never did go to mission type i dont like just to open relic so in the end as ur answer is most likely right but still it would not affect me in any way

i even still to this day do invasions and i go just for weapon parts and bp but i only go for mission types i like or wait for them to rotate so in the end forcing something on some one is not a solution

but i just realized it i dont have a problem with the fact that we have 4 types of fissures i have problem with the rotation of the missions from which we can choose from

stephano burn in hell

45 minutes ago, ZeroZX4 said:

well nope
i believe many ppl like me just do relics because there is no mission type with fissure for relic they want to open

so for example if i never go to spy to open relics and many others do the same
i believe letting us open any relic on any fissure would not change anything

but on other hand i believe there are tons of ppl who like spy missions and open relics on them so it would not say having 1 fissure type for all relics would make some fissures missions empty

Hence the word "encourage." The rest is up to you; suck it up and jump in, or wait till the next refresh.

And again, to encourage you to move through the Star Chart. If a fissure at E Prime, Earth can open Axi relics, there would be no incentive to play the one at Adaro, Sedna. Replacing the Void Keys system was apparently partially intended to solve the "single tileset" problem, after all.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ZeroZX4 said:

i see i made my question unclear
so here is what im really asking about

i dont care about 4 types of relics and where we are getting them from
for me we could pull them all out from lotus butt for all i care 

but my question and problem is why do we have 4 types of fissures?
for example i have allot of neo relics and i want to go to defense to open them but my god stephano

would it hurt any1 if we could open any relic on any fissure?

i often dont do relics just because relic types i want to open dont have any fissure with mission type i want to do atm 
i believe many ppl struggle with same issue but well we just dont care that much about it

----------------------------------original question below------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
any reason why we have 4 different types of relics?
and not just 1 type of relics where we can use any of them no matter where we go?

i would understand if FOR EXAMPLE you could get most rare stuff only from axi or just unvaulted/released prime stuff
formas only from lith and some meso
or if lith meso and neo would be reserved just for weapon junk and axi just for warframe

that would make some sense to me but for now do we just have 4 types of relics just for sake having 4 types of relics?

Newbies need easier access than vets. Ever notice how easy it is to get an item that all four pcs are on lith? Neo is a little rougher and Axi usually requires you have good stuff modded well to do those modes. Im currently farming frames for guild members. I use the abundance  of lith relics to replenish my traces and have things to sell for duckettes. This gives them the bug to try and farm stuff themselves. Should they get low on a specific relic while farming them, Im like... Meet me in Dojo. I have an extra. Keeps low to mid level players from getting burned out on the farm in a farm in a farm that is prime farming. FYI- I take a fish or a junk mod as trade for those items. I have everything in spades and when they ask if Im sure, I tell em to pay it forward. Keeps the cycle going that way. But I digress.

The amount of relics require splitting it up. And you have to do it in a way that doesnt favor any one player level group. The only problem I see is that there isnt a coherrent list of what frames, primaries, secondaries and melees are found at each level and ones that cross multiple levels. With that sort of list would be a way for low levels to find out which items they have current access to without the confusion of the current system.

2 minutes ago, Unagi604 said:

If you could open any relic on the easiest fissures available, would anyone do fissures that weren't the easy one? Might as well ask for the relics to be openable without a mission, like a prize box.

i always go to highest lvl mobs i can since i believe that fill up my standing faster actually idk if thats true but whatever but yeah i see some ppl would go to lowest ones 
but on other hand i just would wish for different nodes like rotation system and  not for different levels 

37 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Hence the word "encourage." The rest is up to you; suck it up and jump in, or wait till the next refresh.

And again, to encourage you to move through the Star Chart. If a fissure at E Prime, Earth can open Axi relics, there would be no incentive to play the one at Adaro, Sedna. After all, they did apparently replace the Void Keys system partially to solve the "single tileset" problem.

and kinda we both see the point but we see different solution
ill do spy mission for sortie but i never go into spy for relics kuva or invasions

i would prefer if we could get rotation on nodes on which fissures open so for example 1 fissure could be on e prime and next one or on next day same fissure on adaro and no1 wold get hurt 
and still ppl like me who dont wanna do this or that would not do it and ppl who just want stuff from relics would not care and do whatever is at at hand

19 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Newbies need easier access than vets. Ever notice how easy it is to get an item that all four pcs are on lith? Neo is a little rougher and Axi usually requires you have good stuff modded well to do those modes. Im currently farming frames for guild members. I use the abundance  of lith relics to replenish my traces and have things to sell for duckettes. This gives them the bug to try and farm stuff themselves. Should they get low on a specific relic while farming them, Im like... Meet me in Dojo. I have an extra. Keeps low to mid level players from getting burned out on the farm in a farm in a farm that is prime farming. FYI- I take a fish or a junk mod as trade for those items. I have everything in spades and when they ask if Im sure, I tell em to pay it forward. Keeps the cycle going that way. But I digress.

The amount of relics require splitting it up. And you have to do it in a way that doesnt favor any one player level group. The only problem I see is that there isnt a coherrent list of what frames, primaries, secondaries and melees are found at each level and ones that cross multiple levels. With that sort of list would be a way for low levels to find out which items they have current access to without the confusion of the current system.

and yet i believe solution for that would be just for some nods to have fissures and what type of fissure they get would be the actual rotation
but i believe we cant understand fully each other point of view because for me it goes like this
get from relics what u can an sell it THEN buy what u need from them but never farm it because in most cases RNG will make u waste ur time
but i see many more ppl thinks like u that they should farm what they need and i dont say its bad thing just not my thing

3 minutes ago, ZeroZX4 said:

and kinda we both see the point but we see different solution

ill do spy mission for sortie but i never go into spy for relics kuva or invasions

i would prefer if we could get rotation on nodes on which fissures open so for example 1 fissure could be on e prime and next one or on next day same fissure on adaro and no1 wold get hurt 
and still ppl like me who dont wanna do this or that would not do it and ppl who just want stuff from relics would not care and do whatever is at at hand

Just one? So what happens when a newer player who hasn't unlocked the outer Star Chart wants to play a Fissure? Do you then expand that to multiple Fissures of the same mission type running at once? That will simply roll back to the old problem of incentivising choosing the easier Fissures of the same mission type. Even spreading out the different mission types would still be potentially a problem; people would probably gravitate towards Cervantes, Earth (Sabotage) over Narcissus, Pluto (Exterminate), for example.

By splitting the Fissures into tiers and spreading them out, you are encouraged to move through the Star Chart and play different missions in different tilesets, while still making sure no matter where you are in the game, you'll always at least get a Fissure near you. It's not perfect, sure, but at least everybody gets something.

15 minutes ago, ZeroZX4 said:

i always go to highest lvl mobs i can since i believe that fill up my standing faster actually idk if thats true but whatever but yeah i see some ppl would go to lowest ones 
but on other hand i just would wish for different nodes like rotation system and  not for different levels 

Better standing, but there are better places for standing. I'd imagine most people would finish opening up their relics on the easy missions and move onto somewhere more serious for standing farming if that's what they were after.

Either way, for your original ask, I think the reason it doesn't exist in an easy streamlined way, is that it was designed to not be easy and streamlined on purpose. It's likely an intentional obstacle placed in front of us just to time gate / load balancer people around more missions.

50 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Just one? So what happens when a newer player who hasn't unlocked the outer Star Chart wants to play a Fissure? Do you then expand that to multiple Fissures of the same mission type running at once? That will simply roll back to the old problem of incentivising choosing the easier Fissures of the same mission type. Even spreading out the different mission types would still be potentially a problem; people would probably gravitate towards Cervantes, Earth (Sabotage) over Narcissus, Pluto (Exterminate), for example.

By splitting the Fissures into tiers and spreading them out, you are encouraged to move through the Star Chart and play different missions in different tilesets, while still making sure no matter where you are in the game, you'll always at least get a Fissure near you. It's not perfect, sure, but at least everybody gets something.

ever heard of taxi?
anyway im doing only interceptions and and defenses for opening relics
nothing is encouraging me to do anything else so why u assume if i could open any relic anywhere something would change?

and as i said i would want for them to rotate and not just a static change
we could have 2 lith fissures 1 on lower level plat and 1 on higher same for other types and no 1 would get hurt even newbies who dont have whole star chart
and even so some higher level players would pick lower level one and some higher and because we are all different and we like different stuff so still it would not alienate any1

37 minutes ago, Unagi604 said:

Better standing, but there are better places for standing. I'd imagine most people would finish opening up their relics on the easy missions and move onto somewhere more serious for standing farming if that's what they were after.

Either way, for your original ask, I think the reason it doesn't exist in an easy streamlined way, is that it was designed to not be easy and streamlined on purpose. It's likely an intentional obstacle placed in front of us just to time gate / load balancer people around more missions.

im not going for fissures because i need that standing
its more for me as option to multitask
and i hate the idea of going to farm 1 thing just for sake of farming 1 thing i always try to combine few activities into 1 which in the end of the day turns out let me waste less time

and yeah i believe answer to my original question is most accurate

but still it could be reworked into something more user friendly

So you can use a lith fissure while someone else uses an axi fissure in the same squad? 

Not that there is anything inherently problematic, the quality of rewards and the effort needed to obtain is different for each. 

A rare prime from an axi is significantly more valuable than one from meso or lith, I would personally not want to be in a squad that can have anything from lith grade to axi grade items, the RNG would be far too varied. 

I am adequately satisfied with the categorization as is. 

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

So you can use a lith fissure while someone else uses an axi fissure in the same squad? 

Not that there is anything inherently problematic, the quality of rewards and the effort needed to obtain is different for each. 

A rare prime from an axi is significantly more valuable than one from meso or lith, I would personally not want to be in a squad that can have anything from lith grade to axi grade items, the RNG would be far too varied. 

I am adequately satisfied with the categorization as is. 

u see my problem is place and type of mission and not type of relics itself

i could do lith on mot while every1 could only pick lith
or neo on helene while all would need to pick neo

but my problem in short of it is that i wanna burn neo on def and 90% of the time only place i have to do so is god damn stephano

but as u suggested that i want every squad member to pick any relic i would not really care because i use it just as ducat fodder
and as for you or others then what? recruit chat stopped working for u or what?

u speak like u didnt get enough kronen and braton prime parts to realize rng is not worth to just go with random squad willing for anything good

9 minutes ago, ZeroZX4 said:

but my problem in short of it is that i wanna burn neo on def and 90% of the time only place i have to do so is god damn stephano

but as u suggested that i want every squad member to pick any relic i would not really care because i use it just as ducat fodder

u speak like u didnt get enough kronen and braton prime parts to realize rng is not worth to just go with random squad willing for anything good

Nobody cares what you want, individuals are irrelevant. Not our problem that you want to burn them on the most lazy mission type available. This is precisely the reason why they are the way they are , so you wont sit in this 1 mission type.

15 minutes ago, ZeroZX4 said:

One of the reasons for fissures to exist is so you use other missions and not just stick to one, that is how they are made. 

Just because you use any and all relics for ducat fodder doesn't mean every one does so, it's not just ducats, Plat value of the item is also a factor. 

I am also not able to understand your last two paragraphs, how is recruit and me getting enough Prime parts affecting this? 

Makes sense to me that different tiers of relics that are farmed from different tiers of missions/rotations also have different tiers of fissure missions to unlock them. Although the current difficulty doesn't really matter for more experienced players, it's a pretty big difference for new/mid-tier players which is the majority of the community.

Either way the ultimate goal is of course to have the system as messy as possible so that more people rather just spend plat or money instead.

Edited by SirTobe
  • Like 1