Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sort of new - but intimidated

Hexsing

So I have some frames which I like a lot.  But I have been playing solo.  Not because I think I suck.  I actually do Ok for the most part.  I'm getting the hang of modding and such.  But I'm still mercury level.  But I can complete all the waves of a defense without much issue.

My intimidation comes with playing With others.  I have only geouped once and I think the person looked at my frame and then they imediaty aborted the mission.  Maybe they saw that I'm not fully modded or something. I usually use Zephyr or Wisp as my mains.  Wisp a little more if I am playing with others because I can offer more support.

I love zephyr though.  But people log in. And then log out.

So now I just play solo.  Im kind of nervous to join others.  Which is making this a single player game.  Which is not what I wanted. I want to play with others.

Any advice.

Ps. I'm not horrible. Im friendly and I dont afk experience drain people.  I like to get into the action

• Like 1

Hi! Welcome! That’s kind of strange, people logging in and leaving. Your frames may have nothing to do with it. Both Wisp and Zephyr are perfectly fine. 

Maybe they thought they were in solo mode. Maybe they forgot to invite a friend to the squad. Who knows?

Some people don’t like wisps speed and zap buffs, so that might be part of it. As long as you place them away from the main path so people can choose to pick them up, there shouldn’t be any problems. Same with volt’s speed. Some people dislike that.

Keep trying. That is probably going to be a rare occurrence. Keep giving your all to the team, and people will appreciate it!

• Like 1

I feel like you are being exposed to the chaff middle tier players. You are new. This means you wont have all the best gear. Ive been a part of the community far too long and im not gonna lie i feel like most vets are the same. Its either cute or sad when we meet a new player. I feel bad for them outside of hydron on sedna becaue they wont get to really play with s tier builds around them. Message me in game and ill run missions with you without cheesing it all

• Like 2

@Hexsing joining a clan is the easiest way to have reliable players to play with. Although I usually run solo, I tend to only help other players in need when they really can't complete something they should be able to on their own. Otherwise, I'm offering advices to them ingame, and ingame alone. General advices like what you're looking for here, I usually put them here when they're relevant. On your case, it is relevant to improve your Warframe experience.

1 hour ago, Loviam said:

I feel like you are being exposed to the chaff middle tier players. You are new. This means you wont have all the best gear. Ive been a part of the community far too long and im not gonna lie i feel like most vets are the same. Its either cute or sad when we meet a new player. I feel bad for them outside of hydron on sedna becaue they wont get to really play with s tier builds around them. Message me in game and ill run missions with you without cheesing it all

That would be fun.  I'm trying to experience the game with some people.  Get the hamg of things. I dont know all.lf the maps yet.  So I am a litle slower.   But I appreciate the advice.  

I use Wisp mainly because she is my highest level.  But I have other frames I can use but I did mainly play with her.  

So im just more comfortable with her.  But I'm leveling up some others as well.

I'll hit you up in game for sure.

sounds like you have some anxiety problems. online/coop might be something you need to ease yourself into. i'd suggest starting with a nice and gentle clan that enjoys helping newer players.

Edited by Ikyr0

2 hours ago, Hexsing said:

So I have some frames which I like a lot.  But I have been playing solo.  Not because I think I suck.  I actually do Ok for the most part.  I'm getting the hang of modding and such.  But I'm still mercury level.  But I can complete all the waves of a defense without much issue.

My intimidation comes with playing With others.  I have only geouped once and I think the person looked at my frame and then they imediaty aborted the mission.  Maybe they saw that I'm not fully modded or something. I usually use Zephyr or Wisp as my mains.  Wisp a little more if I am playing with others because I can offer more support.

So now I just play solo.  Im kind of nervous to join others.  Which is making this a single player game.  Which is not what I wanted. I want to play with others.

Any advice.

Ps. I'm not horrible. Im friendly and I dont afk experience drain people.  I like to get into the action

Ok... doubtful that they saw your frame and left. I've clicked opn the wrong mission and ended up aborting on entry. And Zephyr is known for being a weak frame  since it got nerfed pretty badly. And it might be they want to be in the kill count lead and think you'll take it all. Dont worry about it in any regard. If they leave, good. More room for some one new. Or maybe they were after something specific and forgot to hit the solo mode and are leaving to do so. I've done that one too. Dont worry about what others do. You do you and you'll fiond plenty of people doing missions to play with. GL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ikyr0 said:

sounds like you have some anxiety problems. online/coop might be something you need to ease yourself into. i'd suggest starting with a nice and gentle clan that enjoys helping newer players.

Not really anxiety.  More like a lack of understanding if perhaps its my frames of choice are the issue or if its my level.  

I was just enquiring if this is something I am missing. 

2 hours ago, Hexsing said:

people log in. And then log out.

Is there any chance your internet could be a bit slow / hiccup-y and,
with you hosting, kick those players out without any fault on their end?

Have you actually received comments on your Loadout from someone before / after they left?

Because what you're describing just isn't a common thing from my experience,
there might be a player leaving at the beginning of a mission here or there for whatever reason
(in Fissures some will leave the Squad if nobody is using a Radiant / vaulted / newly-released-Prime Relic, lol k bye)
but it's far from the norm for players to judge someone's Loadout that harshly, on early-Planet missions no less.

Outside of certain higher-level content where your Loadout may actually matter (some of the things I've seen in Tridolons ... oh my),
just use whatever and do your best, if others don't have to revive you / your Pet every 5 seconds
and you don't use abilities that may create problems for the mission at hand, s'all good 🙂

Edited by NinjaZeku

12 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

Not really anxiety.  More like a lack of understanding if perhaps its my frames of choice are the issue or if its my level.  

This game can be pretty daunting until you understand a few key concepts.     Regardless...when you look at the exceptions and take them as rules....it won't help.     Thus..what you are missing is the "big picture".   I would say I deal with a complete jerk every 50 or so public missions, a leech every 10-20, and a newbie every 5.  I do not care what the newbie does as long as they are doing something.   Some of my favorite memories involve new players.

Example 1: There is a semaris target in a mission...a MR2 just goes nuts on it not knowing what it is.   He is swinging like a madman and the health isn't budging.   The rest of us are standing around get the scans in.   The mob goes poof an the MR2 is like "WTF just happened".   Totally hilarious.

Example 2: There is a semaris targe tin a mission....I get to it first and was scanning and MR8 comes up and HEK's it (lith mission)...it dies.  I go "dude"...he goes "sorry".  I say "well, semaris is an A******..you did us a service" and everyone laughs.  

Regardless...you want to fit in.  It is natural..but this video I think says it all IMO.  Have fun tenno.

• Like 1

Try not to worry, OP - people may be leaving for any number of reasons. Zephyr or Wisp are unlikely to make anyone bail on the game. Limbo often makes peple leave, but that's more because of how he used to work, andf the very small number of people who can play him without annoying their team.

I'd say just go public and roll with it, Im sure you'll be fine. Maybe ease yourself in with low-level missions that you're comfortable with. I don't know what it's like on PC, but here in xbox land people tend not to talk much anyway apart from texting "How long?" or "gg" etc. 

Definitely look for a clan if you're looking for a more social experience, there are plenty of newbie-friendly clans out there 🙂

Good luck!

There's always the chance for a connectivity issue between you and other players(and the reverse ofcourse) so it may not be them leaving the mission but rather the game booting them out of it. Don't worry about it too much, just leave your squad public and go your way regardless of whether or not players join and leave.

4 hours ago, Hexsing said:

Any advice.

I'm not the greatest player in the world, actually I'm very average, if you want to slowly ease into the whole multiplay thing just look me up ingame. I'll gladly team up with anyone who's hesitant.

I can guarantee it was because they thought they were in solo mode. I have done it more times than I can count because DE won't add a simple timer so you can correct your mistake. If there really are players that look up peoples builds at the start of a mission and then leave then you really don't want to play with them anyway. I've seen people enter a mission and *@##$ and moan that everyone isn't using Corrosive Projection. It's laughable, really. Just play some more group games and you'll see most people are chill and if they're not, who cares? You do you. 

• Like 1

I got ya.  Thanks for the support. Im having fun solo. Its been pretty fun.  Loving everything about the game.  Maybe not the Stug (personal preference) lol.

But minus the Stug everything flows well.  Community has been really helpful and friendly.  

It is probably the "I thought I was solo" scenario. 

Thanks Tenno. 🙂

• Like 1

Don't take it personally if people leave. People come and go for all sorts of reasons - connection problems, they brought the wrong build, they meant to queue solo, they're having a bad day and literally anything you do would've annoyed them, etc.

Just avoid committing some very basic teamplay faux pas. For instance, on Wisp, don't place shock mote when running low-level defense missions. People try to speed up the waves and placing shock mote will stunlock enemies and slow down each wave.

6 hours ago, Hexsing said:

Any advice.

Nah people are not leaving the game because of you trust me, most people in this game are happy to see low tier players since they get to flaunt their gear and help and feel better about themselves in the process. In this game a single person can easily carry an entire squad so you'll never get in the way of anyone by playing public (unless you play Limbo i guess). If anything you should be worried about your own fun because often the fun in this game is ruined when you play with squads due to them clearing everything with op gear.

4 hours ago, Hexsing said:

no you're not missing anything. i think the types of players you mention are few and far between, so just don't pay attention. let me let you in on a secret - WF isn't really a coop game. it's a power fantasy with the coop piece tacked on. with the right mods and frame, all of the content is entirely trivial, and just ONE properly geared and specced player can easily carry the other 3. even in activities like Eidolons. I'll be honest, I never even look at the players I'm playing with, unless we're fooling around in chat or something.

3 hours ago, Hexsing said:

I play both Wisp and Zephyr a lot, both of those frames are fine. 

Keep in mind people leave / abortion for many reasons. I'm often switching out my companion mission to mission and forget to switch back all the time so I abort. I've never left due to MR or gear of another player and feel like I'm in the majority.

Good luck and have fun!

Simply forgetting they aren't in solo mode when they, say, wanted to thoroughly loot the whole map for caches/scans/ayatins (not usually done in PUG teams) or just wanted to see current bounties is a more likely reason. Or they just lagged out/crashed while loading.

Seriously, don't worry about it. Good odds that most of those people just had connection issues, especially if your own isn't that great. That's the nature of peer-to-peer matchmaking. Also, it's impossible to "experience leech" in WF. All affinity gained (while in affinity range -- check the HUD tooltip that looks like three small balls with a number at the top right to see if you're in) is copied to each player in range, not split. More players = more spawns = more affinity for everyone. Just drop public and don't stress, almost nobody is going to care if you're not the greatest as long as you're not intentionally griefing or AFK.

8 hours ago, Hexsing said:

Any advice.

Alot of vets usually like to bring nuker frames like mesa,volt, saryn or support frames like wisp,Trinity, nova. They want the mission to be as quickly over with as possible. They probably see your gear and mr and think to themselves that their current game with you be quite long. My advice get yourself into a nice clan where people hang out and are more willing to help you learn. Lastly this game needs alot of time investment and wiki/reddit reading for modbuilds and various other aspects of game like status, crit, weapons, Armor, etc.