Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sort of new - but intimidated

Hexsing

7 hours ago, Hexsing said:

.My intimidation comes with playing With others.  I have only geouped once and I think the person looked at my frame and then they imediaty aborted the mission.  Maybe they saw that I'm not fully modded or something. I usually use Zephyr or Wisp as my mains.  Wisp a little more if I am playing with others because I can offer more support.

You don't know why they left, but decided that it was because of you? 

Tenno, Tenno. Most players hardly even notice that there are other people in their squad most of the time, outside of very specialized content. You really shouldn't waste your effort trying to invent reasons for why other people do things. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You don't know why they left, but decided that it was because of you? 

Tenno, Tenno. Most players hardly even notice that there are other people in their squad most of the time, outside of very specialized content. You really shouldn't waste your effort trying to invent reasons for why other people do things. 

True.  Tonight I did play with a Frost.  That was fun.  He liked the speed cabbage I threw down as Wisp.  The CC was powerful.

Was fun.  

10 hours ago, Hexsing said:

So I have some frames which I like a lot.  But I have been playing solo.  Not because I think I suck.  I actually do Ok for the most part.  I'm getting the hang of modding and such.  But I'm still mercury level.  But I can complete all the waves of a defense without much issue.

My intimidation comes with playing With others.  I have only geouped once and I think the person looked at my frame and then they imediaty aborted the mission.  Maybe they saw that I'm not fully modded or something. I usually use Zephyr or Wisp as my mains.  Wisp a little more if I am playing with others because I can offer more support.

I love zephyr though.  But people log in. And then log out.

So now I just play solo.  Im kind of nervous to join others.  Which is making this a single player game.  Which is not what I wanted. I want to play with others.

Any advice.

Ps. I'm not horrible. Im friendly and I dont afk experience drain people.  I like to get into the action

Join a clan.  Warframe transforms when you do.

Within this community, old fosters young.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

I doubt the person leaving the mission had anything to do with you or your choice of Warframe. There are many real life reasons why that person left.

Hopefully you're seeing from these comments that most people are friendly and at the very least happy to have others help them complete the objective without paying any attention to your choice of Warframe and Weapons.

This game can be very daunting for new players and it's in those early stages that most decide to play Solo while trying to understand the game. Ironically that's the best time to play with other people as your weapons and warframes are underpowered. Once you find Frames and Weapons you enjoy along with equipping upgraded Mods, this game becomes somewhat easy allowing pretty much everything to be completed Solo.

As someone who suffers from social anxiety, I still play a lot of this game Solo as I feel more relaxed playing how I want without expectations of a group. Thankfully DE continues to cater for the Solo player in most things they introduce to the game. If you're looking to play with others then hopefully you find a good group of people to play with or maybe look to join a Clan that wants to help and encourage new players.

• Like 2

On 2019-08-21 at 9:41 AM, Hexsing said:

My intimidation comes with playing With others.  I have only geouped once and I think the person looked at my frame and then they imediaty aborted the mission.  Maybe they saw that I'm not fully modded or something. I usually use Zephyr or Wisp as my mains.  Wisp a little more if I am playing with others because I can offer more support.

This is rare. Most people upon seeing a low-Mastery player will just go back to killing all the enemies before you can

I also find it hilarious how you're running Wisp, the last frame you can acquire F2P in the game, as a newbie. But that's not a criticism, you spend your money how you want; it's just kinda funny to me

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

This is rare. Most people upon seeing a low-Mastery player will just go back to killing all the enemies before you can

I also find it hilarious how you're running Wisp, the last frame you can acquire F2P in the game, as a newbie. But that's not a criticism, you spend your money how you want; it's just kinda funny to me

My work often times gives digital gift cards out as a bonus.  So the thing is you can only use them online or you need to wait 3 weeks to get delivered a physical card.  Right now I have like 5 of those digit redeption codes.  So I'm not spending money out of my pocket.  I also bought shampoo on Amizon if it makes things balance out.  

I just saw Wisp in the hub town and wanted her.  The rest of everything I grind.  

I dont do a lot lf online shopping so these things would just literally sit there for eternity.  

On 2019-08-21 at 9:04 PM, Hexsing said:

Not really anxiety.  More like a lack of understanding if perhaps its my frames of choice are the issue or if its my level.  

I was just enquiring if this is something I am missing. 

Zephyr is not a particularly strong Warframe, but is certainly not a bad one. Wisp is exceptionally powerful, in my opinion, so hopefully that puts that doubt to rest! 

And as others have said, clans are an excellent way to meet people and frequently get together with people for mission runs, so the game feels less lonely! Feel free to send me a friend request as well, I'm always happy to play with a friend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colyeses said:

Zephyr is not a particularly strong Warframe, but is certainly not a bad one. Wisp is exceptionally powerful, in my opinion, so hopefully that puts that doubt to rest! 

And as others have said, clans are an excellent way to meet people and frequently get together with people for mission runs, so the game feels less lonely! Feel free to send me a friend request as well, I'm always happy to play with a friend.

I find Zephyr to be interesting.  I think its oddly for her passive. Her 1 is hit or miss for me.   But her lighter movement just feels good to me. Kinda floaty which is pretty great.

Wisp is just amazing.  I really like her.  I feel like if I see certain warframes in a group "which is have joined a few now" I can use the right tool to support the team.  

I mainly melee with her.  Leveling up some cool new weapons I crafted.  But shes a lot of fun.