Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Loka Death Squads are STILL way too damage sponge-y

houselyrander

9 minutes ago, nslay said:

How about do the Thermia Fractures event and get your hands on that Opticor Vandal (which is rewarded and useable regardless of your MR)?

It's an awful lot of trouble though. Have you tried another hard hitting weapon like a sniper or a shotgun like Hek?

Yes. I've used the Opticor Vandal and the Rubico Prime and still had trouble putting them down quickly. And AGAIN. A lot of players don't have that option (not Thermia ready, too low MR, etc)

8 minutes ago, Yakozaki said:

uhh...ive seen people with regular gameplay loadouts handle the Ancient Eximus' well...you dont even need a Kitgun or Arca Plasmor to take care of them...

think the fault lies in your loadout when the basegame's mobs, including deathsquads, are cheese-able to the point of boredom....if DE listened to this and nerfed them whats the point of a deathsquad when you want them to die to a Braton...

I didn't say they should all die to a Braton, I said they should be more in line with the other Death Squads. And I didn't say I was losing to them like you seem to be implying, I said they were taking too long compared to other Death Squads.

Edited by houselyrander

33 minutes ago, houselyrander said:

Yes. I've used the Opticor Vandal and the Rubico Prime and still had trouble. And AGAIN. A lot of players don't have that option (not Thermia ready, too low MR, etc)

The MR constraint doesn't apply to the Opticor Vandal since it's an event reward. Anyone can get and use it at any MR. Though, it does require a player that is experienced enough to complete the event!

Try this for your Opticor Vandal... Basic mods only!

Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Stormbringer, Infected Clip, Vigilante Armaments, Option Slot

For Option Slot, you could put a fire rate mod on... More elemental damage, Hunter Munitions... Whatever you want. If you have it, Heavy Caliber... It has no accuracy effect on this weapon!

This should easily put a dent in Ancient Healers... Eximus or otherwise.

EDIT: Also, you wouldn't happen to have an Extinguished Dragon Key equipped would you?

Edited by nslay
Convulsion is a pistol mod!

I hate them too, though I once had somebody ragequit when one showed up attacking me claiming I ruined their game, which was hilariously salty of them.

Then the Mesa of the team hit 4 and they were dead fairly quickly and asked "What was that guy's problem?".

11 hours ago, houselyrander said:

every solution we were given amounted to "use weapons/mods and/or frames that you don't have and can't get yet" and I don't like being back in that emotional place.

Warframe Community In A Nutshell....

11 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

They cant grab you when you're sliding and dashing around.

They absolutely will grab you regardless of what you do so long as you are within Range.... These hook and reel enemies DO NOT MISS....

The only time they won't reel you in is if you're rolling or Casting an ability or performing some action that locks you into a hard animation like Calling Down your archgun.... mind you all that does is stop them from reeling you in.... theuy definitely target you without missing. The full effect is merely negated....

Further more..... they can Chain Knock You Down if the Timing is right.... its rare but it can happen....

11 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

My first comment was wrong weapons. My MAIN primary is an ignis Wraith with blast and corrosive. Blast knocks em over(cant hurt you if they're laying down) and corrosive to melt their face. Secondary is a crit moon with radiation. Melee is a Zanistar with 2 more statuses. Throw the Zeni disk, hit em with ignis and if that's not doing the trick, crit moon smacks em down in 3-4 shots. And be sure to line em up so you hit multiple targets at one time. Oh and dont stand still. Move. They cant grab you when you're sliding and dashing around.

3 weapons, different statuses, using all three in tandem. They arent that difficult. 

Looking at this whole post im reminded of the same argument against The Wolf Of Saturn Six.... its easy if you have X gear and Y Frames.... 

Il just repeat the same reply that ws given before.... 

Its unlikely players are going to use the optimal load out for taking down the Ancients.... for example....

Even though its likely many people would be using The ignis its unlikely they would have blast on it.... 

Why ? 

Well Blast Damage is not only not as useful as other damage types.... its actually a hindrance when players try to kill enemies only for them to fall flat on their Faces making it hard to target their heads.... 

This alone kinda causes your whole approach to fall apart since if you don't have Blast then you can't knock over the enemies.... meaning its unlikely you'l get a decent chance to set up the Zenistar or hose them down with the catch moon as Quickly...

As for me personally.... I've always been able to deal with them quickly... that Ancient Heal Spectre Blueprint is worth the hastle.... But even I will admit they are pretty spongey. All it takes as getting caught using the wrong damage type for it to be an issue....

I remember when i was new, I always got rinsed by New Loka's ancients. say what you want about Red Veil, but at least we don't send the heavies after our enemies, damn plant-loving fascists...

nowadays if Amaryn appears on screen, it means "go back until you get a ton of distance and then shred the Ancients from afar." I never take on the Ancient group in close quarters unless I'm using someone real tanky and have a very good Melee on me. in an emergency, there's always operator mode: void dash well away from the group, go back into frame, and blast away.

11 hours ago, houselyrander said:

And what do you suggest to players don't have access to all of that?

Better weapons or a better build. New loka is the tankiest but they weren't a threat even as far back as when they launched. There was no maiming strike blood rush or condition overload in the game when they came out. It would be silly to limit them to experienced players considering they're older than sorties and scale to the mission level of where you are. Even at high level they weren't a threat with worse gear and less options to anyone with the exception of new players, they are flat out not health gated behind newer or rarer mods.

Don't judge your weapons on how well they handle sortie enemies, trash builds can easily push sortie missions. Pay attention too the actual dps of your builds, if you're literally struggling with them then there's probably something wrong with your builds. If you don't know the actual dps of your weapons then you're going to have troubles with trouble shooting damage problems like this. 

Lastly unless something has changed a radiation status proc will prevent the sanguine/toxic eximus auras from applying to their allies. Not everything in this game is about what damage type the wiki told you to use, it's good to learn the actual elements status proc effects so you know when and how to use them. 

1. It's a good build when you don't find much of a difference between sorties and star chart

2. A barely modded Atterax can do it in 20 sec, moreover equipping it will block the hooks 

3. God forbid every once in a while something provides some sort of minor difficulty

4. Like it or not, if you're having difficulties with this, you're simply not at the power level that you think you are, rather than make a completely laughable topic, git gud.

Edited by Ver1dian

12 hours ago, houselyrander said:

Straight up don't have that. Can't get Body Count either from the looks of it because that event is over.

Don't bother with Body Count. It only adds 12 secs to your combo counter and drains 9 mod-points.
Just get Drifting Contact from Nightmare missions. It adds 10 secs to the combo counter, 40% status chance and only drains 5 mod-points.

Yes, OP, they're stupid spongy at the higher levels. 

Yes, your only answer is to equip a weapon that is powerful enough to easily handle them in the rarish event they do spawn, despite crushing everything else with your current setup with ease. 

No, you don't need to "git gud," as equipping a gun with bigger numbers and equipping mods that only serve to make those bigger numbers biggerer is not a mark of having 1337 hax skillzorz. 

Yes, you really can't discuss design decisions in this game without a legion of players showing up to tell you how much you suck and how much they don't have a problem with the design so obviously you need to git gud, because it's more important they maintain some sense of superiority over someone than question design decisions that don't actually do anything for the game and could easily be changed.  You could discuss the lock-down mechanic, and I guarantee you people will come to defend it simply because if you're complaining about it, you must suck, and they don't, and they're dying to let you know that.

Stick to the feedback sections of this forum if you want fewer try-hards responding to said feed back.  I know it feels like DE isn't looking into those areas, but I guarantee you it's easier to sift through criticisms when they're not under the pile of random thoughts the majority of general discussion threads are born from.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

Yes, your only answer is to equip a weapon that is powerful enough to easily handle them in the rarish event they do spawn, despite crushing everything else with your current setup with ease. 

No, you don't need to "git gud," as equipping a gun with bigger numbers and equipping mods that only serve to make those bigger numbers biggerer is not a mark of having 1337 hax skillzorz. 

Yes, you really can't discuss design decisions in this game without a legion of players showing up to tell you how much you suck and how much they don't have a problem with the design so obviously you need to git gud, because it's more important they maintain some sense of superiority over someone than question design decisions that don't actually do anything for the game and could easily be changed.  You could discuss the lock-down mechanic, and I guarantee you people will come to defend it simply because if you're complaining about it, you must suck, and they don't, and they're dying to let you know that.

Stick to the feedback sections of this forum if you want fewer try-hards responding to said feed back.  I know it feels like DE isn't looking into those areas, but I guarantee you it's easier to sift through criticisms when they're not under the pile of random thoughts the majority of general discussion threads are born from.

+1

Well Said :)

16 hours ago, houselyrander said:

If you're talking about Max Status Condition Overload stuff then I don't have that. If I'm really just not building right I'll accept that but that really just proves my ultimate point that these guys should not be this sponge-y. There are people who are worse off than me who can handle the other squads on the same levels and even if you or I could find a way to shred Loka Death Squads they may not have that option. What is your solution for them? I'm sorry if I sound snippy but me and my friends went through the same S#&$ when the Wolf was ruining our day as pre-Second Dream newbies and every solution we were given amounted to "use weapons/mods and/or frames that you don't have and can't get yet" and I don't like being back in that emotional place.

EDIT

Wiki says Blast and Corrosive which I've tried against them. I've diversified my elements as best I can and still hit sponge.

Did you go full elemental ? Never go full elemental (against Ancients)

3 minutes ago, evilChair said:

the solution is slash damage. tigris, krohkur (not twin), anything that's heavy on slash.

Since these b*st*rds tend to leech my energy anyway, even at some range, I usually go full melee on them, and Energizing Dash their corpses to restore energy for everyone (I have Adaptation on a bunch of frames so I don't care about toxic)

6 hours ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

Thank you, thought I was going crazy for a bit after so many people insisting that these tedious jerks that seem more interested in stunlocking me than actually attacking (do they even have an attack other than the harpoon?) were somehow both super easy and a worthy challenge

2 hours ago, houselyrander said:

(do they even have an attack other than the harpoon?)

The eximus units have an aura that can apply status effects. Most notably toxic. It’s not a good idea to build weapons for radiation, or toxic, if you think That hit squad might show. Ancients could care less about rad, and toxic ancients will laugh at toxin damage.  

A good melee with slash, built for crit, is an effective way to always be prepared for them. 

On 2019-08-22 at 1:12 AM, Lutesque said:

Warframe Community In A Nutshell....

They absolutely will grab you regardless of what you do so long as you are within Range.... These hook and reel enemies DO NOT MISS....

The only time they won't reel you in is if you're rolling or Casting an ability or performing some action that locks you into a hard animation like Calling Down your archgun.... mind you all that does is stop them from reeling you in.... theuy definitely target you without missing. The full effect is merely negated....

Further more..... they can Chain Knock You Down if the Timing is right.... its rare but it can happen....

Looking at this whole post im reminded of the same argument against The Wolf Of Saturn Six.... its easy if you have X gear and Y Frames.... 

Il just repeat the same reply that ws given before.... 

Its unlikely players are going to use the optimal load out for taking down the Ancients.... for example....

Even though its likely many people would be using The ignis its unlikely they would have blast on it.... 

Why ? 

Well Blast Damage is not only not as useful as other damage types.... its actually a hindrance when players try to kill enemies only for them to fall flat on their Faces making it hard to target their heads.... 

This alone kinda causes your whole approach to fall apart since if you don't have Blast then you can't knock over the enemies.... meaning its unlikely you'l get a decent chance to set up the Zenistar or hose them down with the catch moon as Quickly...

As for me personally.... I've always been able to deal with them quickly... that Ancient Heal Spectre Blueprint is worth the hastle.... But even I will admit they are pretty spongey. All it takes as getting caught using the wrong damage type for it to be an issue....

I was farming corrupted mods with 3 newbies (under MR8) on my Limbo with all four keys and defeated the wolf with my Tenno and amp because none of them could stand up to Wolf. Because I knew they would be destroyed, I told them to just keep looking for the vault. Took almost 30 min but I did it. IDGAF what you use, you CAN beat anything with next to nothing. If you're standing there with a sniper rifle, you're gonna die. If you keep bouncing around and use your secondary, you stand a better chance. The point is, It's an AI. No AI in any game can outsmart a human brain. And giving some one more information that they can apply what they have to the situation, is a GOOD thing. I really dont appreciate your attitude of "It's easy for elites when they have everything."  I was following behind elites at MR6 with lv 300 NPCs and freaking out because I already had 2 deaths when it was three deaths per day. I dont deserve this lame of a comeback considering that we now have (with arcanes) 6 deaths per MISSION and the NPCs being easier than they were back then. Just take the information and expand it to suit you. Otherwise, go whine somewhere else.

On 2019-08-21 at 1:56 PM, houselyrander said:

And what do you suggest to players don't have access to all of that? Because that's the crux of it. Not everyone has your power at their disposal and they're still forced to deal with these jerks on missions like Defense. If they're a proper enemy but even Sortie enemies aren't, then they shouldn't be harassing people who aren't even ready for Sorties in huge mobs. Please, I'm BEGGING you here, have sympathy for those less grizzled than you.

I suggest they get some tactics. Im helping my son with his account and he has nothing. Hide behind objects, move around so they cant hit you, switch mods around, dont always be leveling everything. You have a human brain which can out think any AI in gaming. Stop making excuses and figure it out. Watch some videos,  dont mod everything with the same status, I really dont care what you do. But rebuffing everything people are telling you is whining to whine. Hit the wiki and figure out how to get the mods/weapons/frames you need by seeing where they are located or buy/farm some plat and buy em from another player. It really doesnt matter.

SIDE RANT- A few months ago when I was MR16 I got told my opinion didnt matter and that I didnt know what I was talking about because I was only MR16. Now Im MR27 and Im being told I dont understand the plight of the little guy. Im getting to the point where Im just going to start replying... You have a human brain vs a gaming AI. Figure it out.

On ‎2019‎-‎08‎-‎22 at 12:35 AM, Zilchy said:

I'd rather they just buffed the other death squads. DEATH squad, the clue is in the name. Unfortunately wheh they spawn it's more of a Dead squad because they're far too weak.

We need a Nora death squad. When we turn off the orbiter radio or complain about Nora in chat, then we get secretly marked for death by Nora. Then there will be a chance 8 Wolf of Saturn Six (Eximus? 😮 ) spawn in our missions along with 16 invincible prisoners.

This would be far better than the lame beacons too!

On 2019-08-21 at 1:31 PM, houselyrander said:

If you're talking about Max Status Condition Overload stuff then I don't have that. If I'm really just not building right I'll accept that but that really just proves my ultimate point that these guys should not be this sponge-y. There are people who are worse off than me who can handle the other squads on the same levels and even if you or I could find a way to shred Loka Death Squads they may not have that option. What is your solution for them? I'm sorry if I sound snippy but me and my friends went through the same S#&$ when the Wolf was ruining our day as pre-Second Dream newbies and every solution we were given amounted to "use weapons/mods and/or frames that you don't have and can't get yet" and I don't like being back in that emotional place.

EDIT

Wiki says Blast and Corrosive which I've tried against them. I've diversified my elements as best I can and still hit sponge.

I just have blast/corrosive on ignis wraith. If you're in a clan and have the MR, you can get one. Multishot and damage should round out your mods and give you more damage. I generally use Critmoon with radiation now but used to use a sonicor with blast and impact. Dont use status chance mods. 60% status chance on a weapon that has 0 status is 0 status chance. All you're tryiung to do with the sonicor is to keep em on the ground so they cant hurt you. Tactics, tactics tactics. Hide behind things, dance around like a chimp with thorns in his feet, switch weapons, whatever. You have a brain vs AI. figuring it out may take time but that's why we provide information. To help you think of what you can do to defeat them. You dont have to use the same setup some one else does to get the job done. I've killed the Wolf of Saturn six with my tenno while carrying all 4 dragon keys with just my amp. Not every situation is going to present itself is going to be perfect. But it is my VERY stong advice to NEVER be leveling everything at the same time. ALWAYS have one good weapon on. ALWAYS.

On 2019-08-21 at 12:31 PM, houselyrander said:

what is the weapon type?  They have a massive health pool and limited status immunity + they are all eximi you need crit weapons or bid damage to kill them they are not that tanky but they don't get less tanky.  if you have a good way to proc rad then that can help but most of the time it is unneeded