Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Loka Death Squads are STILL way too damage sponge-y

houselyrander

On 2019-08-21 at 10:35 PM, Zilchy said:

I'd rather they just buffed the other death squads. DEATH squad, the clue is in the name. Unfortunately wheh they spawn it's more of a Dead squad because they're far too weak.

you don't die to them that often you just can't kill them

On 2019-08-22 at 12:12 AM, Lutesque said:

Looking at this whole post im reminded of the same argument against The Wolf Of Saturn Six.... its easy if you have X gear and Y Frames....

the problem  with the wolf was that it was if you have x and y frame gear did not matter nearly as much as a Valk or baruk with their exalted melee modded for rad.  for this it is bring the right kit I have never had significant trouble with the loka death squad unless I was leveling gear (and even then it was odd to).  also this entier game is gear based with some skill.  I agree that get meming or CO is annoying but there is still some truth to the statement (CO won't help to much they seem to not take statuses properly)

On 2019-08-22 at 5:23 AM, evilChair said:

the solution is slash damage. tigris, krohkur (not twin), anything that's heavy on slash.

ancainchent are not weak to slash damage not do slash procs benefit you against them that I know of.  what you want is massive damage and corrosive+puncture as far as statuses go radiation is the most useful.  

To be brainless

I think you have a point here, (and is bafflingly not being acknowledged by many here), the new loka deathsquad is very much so disproportionately stronger than the other syndicate deathsquads indeed I remember hammering on them with my -well modded- [Larkspur] and watching how little progress was being made to their health pools; They're just in a league of their own (like around stalker level). It's probably a factor of them just being a strong "boss" eximus (ancient healers?) and with all of those eximus's being the "good" aura eximus variants (energy drain, sanguine, toxic) that all interlock and buff eachother to a big ball of tough synergy.

Thinking about it, the enemy/encounter design presented in the loka deathsquad is quite rare (the big ball of synergy) the only enemies or encounters that have this are the battalysts (and to a lesser degree the wold of saturn six) and it's a bit telling that I can compare the new loka deathsquad to some of the TOUGHEST enemies/encounters in the game.

Honestly though, I feel you're getting some flak because you remind a lot of players of "that" kind of player, who complains about any the difficulty when there already is a sense in the community (and even in me) that the game is "too easy" (since it kinda is) due to all of the power-creep and the enemy nerfs (I remember back when the flux-rifle crewmen really hurt when the derelict was first implemented) and you come off as the kind of person who complains about this difficulty unfairly, even after it has been nerfed (too bad this clouds the perceptions of those on the forums), But you're correct about complaining that there is a disproportionate difficulty with new-loka deathsquads.

Now, (to be childish) the devs could rectify this imbalance by buffing the other deathsquads to high-heaven until they're about as strong as the new loka deathsquads, (imagine if the arbiters sent squads of eximus napalms instead) so that there is a "difficulty consistency" between the deathsquads, indeed it might even help them succeed in generating non-trivial enemy design; Even making some of the deathsquads REALLY SCARY, like suda sending level 160 eximus battalysts so that they really do "mix up" the ordinary gameplay that we have to experience.

But to be honest, I personally doubt anything will be done, It'll just have to be a moderate/minor annoyance (or logical inconsistency) that the playerbase has adapted to -and to a degree even adore-, kinda like how the creeper enemy in minecraft could be argued to be bad game-design (due to it's 1-shotting abilities) but they've all come to adore it.

P.S. I have "upvoted" (I hate doing that) your post because I belive you have a point, and to help counter those crappy voters (yes I'm mad).

On 2019-08-21 at 10:35 PM, Zilchy said:

I'd rather they just buffed the other death squads. DEATH squad, the clue is in the name. Unfortunately wheh they spawn it's more of a Dead squad because they're far too weak.

I just want Cressa to start using Reth Rollers as well as default. Stagger and damage in one neat, spherical package.

2 hours ago, anonymous14z said:

Now, (to be childish) the devs could rectify this imbalance by buffing the other deathsquads to high-heaven until they're about as strong as the new loka deathsquads, (imagine if the arbiters sent squads of eximus napalms instead) so that there is a "difficulty consistency" between the deathsquads, indeed it might even help them succeed in generating non-trivial enemy design; Even making some of the deathsquads REALLY SCARY, like suda sending level 160 eximus battalysts so that they really do "mix up" the ordinary gameplay that we have to experience.

I wouldn't be too averse to a happy little middle ground: Bring New Loka down a notch and bump the other syndicates up a little bit. Actually, you know what? DE should rework killsquads into the same types of syndicate crew we'll hire onto our Railjacks later on down the line. Each type has special abilities, loadouts, and methods of attack. Make it so we can hire the friendly ones while the unfriendly ones come to kill us in missions sometimes. Almost like Kuva Liches too, except instead of specific characters it's an organization sending its trained fighters after us. Oh, but why stop there? Have Kuva Liches build their own syndicate-like private armies and send killsquads after us too. Let's go crazy!

Bonus crazy idea: Let Tenno clans go to war and send killsquads after eachother.

Edited by Mints

7 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

you don't die to them that often you just can't kill them

I don't die to them ever and I CAN just kill them but that's besides the point. Thr other syndicates die when you sneeze on them, I'd rather the invasions actually become a real fight.

8 hours ago, nslay said:

We need a Nora death squad. When we turn off the orbiter radio or complain about Nora in chat, then we get secretly marked for death by Nora. Then there will be a chance 8 Wolf of Saturn Six (Eximus? 😮 ) spawn in our missions along with 16 invincible prisoners.

This would be far better than the lame beacons too!

I like your way of thinking 🙂

28 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

not disagreeing with you on that part

I'd just love for them to deserve the name "death squad". I can't remember the last time I actually died to Zanuka, Stalker, G3 or syndicates. They've become.a drop chance farming opportunity, nothing more. I want to feel excited when they spawn in, not irritated that they broke my stealth combo or annoyed that the mission is gonna now take another 20 seconds.

2 hours ago, Zilchy said:

I'd just love for them to deserve the name "death squad". I can't remember the last time I actually died to Zanuka, Stalker, G3 or syndicates. They've become.a drop chance farming opportunity, nothing more. I want to feel excited when they spawn in, not irritated that they broke my stealth combo or annoyed that the mission is gonna now take another 20 seconds.

To be honest, Steel Meridian needs a bit of a revamp of it's death squad, since it's a bad joke compared to the other ones.

It depends how your elements are worked out. Currently infested ancients are the only enemies who can take 100% extra damage with Corrosive + Blast together. 
Usually I keep a sidearm with that element and it works wonders.

Basically a 10k shot is going 20k, a 100k shot is 200k. They die like droves either way as long you are packing proper elements.
After all, you don't need your entire loadout to be the same elements.

On 2019-08-26 at 10:29 PM, Zilchy said:

I saw a lv 100 zanuka and one shot it with a corosive weapon that should not happen o the death squads only G3 can be a threat and that is because the can spawn where you level

I’m just wondering have you unlocked your 5 yet? 5 would be the pc button to use it unmodified. 

If so in Fortuna you can buy arcanes. These arcanes at max rank do 60% of the targets hp as damage. Puncture I think? 

It might be worth the investment as I fall back to them when I go with a all new gun 2edary and melee. Can always get me out of a spot.

If you aren't dealing enough damage you DO NOT have the right mods. If you don't want to farm for all of them, you can buy them with plat. I recommend farming relics and selling prime parts you get (use Warframe Market, couldn't recommend it more), and selling any junk in cases of 6 for 12p total (never go down to 10p, some people do and they're only ripping themselves off). Or, you could buy the Prime Access or Prime Vault and support DE for all the amazing content they bring us. Prime Access is 90% of their income, anyway. But don't feel like you have to, as you may be sitting on a pile of potential plat, judging by your inability to kill these these Death Squads. They can be taunting to new players, but they shouldn't be an issue if you even have 90-150+ hours into the game. If you don't have the right mods, for the time being get Wukong (either from your clan's Dojo if you have one or farm his prime. I recommend Cetus Bounties for that) and make a half-assed build for his 4 and just kill everything until you have the proper mods.