Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow augment mods in exillus slot

Frompa

title...

wouldn't mind seeing an additional mod slot for augments but the exilus slot would help.

EDIT:  I don't care about how the exillus slot is currently used or what those mods are currently used for.  I'm just stating what I would like to see, and I'm sure I'm not alone.  I don't care about being overpowered or changing what anyone is used to.  

Edited by Frompa
  • Like 6

Sounds like more power creep.

Exilus slot mods are normally like loot range or +15% stats. Putting an augment would allow for a more powerful mod in the body of the build. Going to pass on this.

The only thing I will vote going into that slot would be the weird modes that don't help the build. Like ESO rares that make flowers grow on the targets.

• Like 1

Been suggested multiple times, but I agree. The fact some augments work in the exilus slot makes it even more confusing as it it, plus there's so many augments that are band aid mods for flawed or lackluster abilities that it sucks we have to waste one or more main slots for these augments. Making all augments compatible would bring consistency and free one more modding slot for more important stuff like survivability mods or energy mods.

Take Ash for example. I pretty much have to use seeking Shuriken because the base ability kinda sucks and is rather useless without armor stripping. I also have to use fatal teleport because the teleport kill is unreliable without it (when I teleport close to a LVL 150 plus bombard, I want it 💯 percent dead). Likewise, Smoke Shadow is a cool gimmick, but am I going to waste a mod slot on something that could be part of ability by default. Being able to offload one to exilus (or better, a dedicated augment slot) would be sweet.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra
  • Like 5

and looks in and its no surprise  we have the "we need a mod slot for power x without harming my set-up I have now"...vs. the PowerCreep police..whom have only found success in the forums stomping on the random player forum posts while the game itself laughs at their efforts since so far it has always result in X is nerfed...Only for it to be replaced by a better variant..or a rework that delivers 1 billion on damage numbers in a enclosed space to some frame that was nerfed prior...

Fellahs, by now seven years later who cares if you have an extra slot to walk around as a Mesa using her ULT while Volt and Saryn nuke the map so hard multiple times that the same map on another planet on another server collapses...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 1

You know what OP, I'm with you. I've been wanting either this or a dedicated slot as well. I also want a better polarity and modding system overall because the system itself is starting to show its cracks. If I can help get at least augments in exilus, then I'll be happy.

• Like 3

I'm also going to agree, while I'd love a dedicated Augment slot at this point, sense as has been stated, a lot of the Augments are band-aid fixes to abilities that honestly should have the effects in the first place (hello Sonic Fracture, be nice to be able to include you in a functioning min maxed build). I doubt that will happen, just because one, it means another couple forma to every frame (if you haven't maxed them out already) just to fit another mod in there, and it just puts more strain on the whole system as a whole. But allowing me to put the bandaid fix in a slot that only really makes me sacrifice nock down recovery or a negligible increase in a random state? yes please,  so many more frames Augments and builds would suddenly be viable with such a change, and I endorse it. (Power creep be danged, if we cared about that the Auger mods wouldn't be a thing...or Transient fortitude...or primed mods...*coughs*)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frompa said:

title...

wouldn't mind seeing an additional mod slot for augments but the exilus slot would help.

EDIT:  I don't care about how the exillus slot is currently used or what those mods are currently used for.  I'm just stating what I would like to see, and I'm sure I'm not alone.  I don't care about being overpowered or changing what anyone is used to.  

Yea most if not all augment mods are just utility no actual stat boost to the frame, i second this. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frompa said:

I'm sure comments like this in the main post will do nicely to get everyone into civil discussions and not at all come off ignorant or obnoxious.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XB1)RPColten said:

I'm sure comments like this in the main post will do nicely to get everyone into civil discussions and not at all come off ignorant or obnoxious.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

DE should decide what purpose they want augments to serve before they start implementing extra slots.  If they want them to be obvious and outright increases to power, they don't need to have extra slots--but every augment needs to be  competitive with the top 10 or so standard mods so the choice is worth consideration.  If DE wants augments to be mainly utility or gameplay changers rather than power increases, then extra slots make a lot of sense.  But then some augments need to be nerfed, changed radically, and / or have their effects baked into abilities directly. 

If they want them to be a mix of both--well, that's a mess, kind of like what we have now.  But the goal should be a much more consistent mess:  similar proportions of power and utility on every single augment.  In that case they could add slots or not, depending on how they approach the problem.   How much more powerful are augments supposed to make us?  And is there content that encourages the progression?

• Like 1

apparently the game is so hard we need more power creep...

no no no no no.

stop it.

no more buffs to anything until we have a game mode where enemies can respond to the current power level.

just to be clear, if the game isn't already too easy for you... then go grind more rather than demand changes.  this game is easier than candy crush, it"s brain dead levels of activity at the endgame.  stop trying to make the game even more ridiculous.  just go grind more and stop complaining.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Fellahs, by now seven years later who cares if you have an extra slot to walk around as a Mesa using her ULT while Volt and Saryn nuke the map so hard multiple times that the same map on another planet on another server collapses...

Power creep happens not over night. It is a slow gradual process. Greenlighting small, seemingly insignificant power-ups led to current situation. What does one more small push. Right?

Firm NO to Augment slots.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Yea most if not all augment mods are just utility no actual stat boost to the frame, i second this. 

Well, this is no longer true.

Some of the updated Augments are much more than just utility. For example, Oberons Smite Infusion is now insane, as you can apply a massive Radiation damage buff to everyone, including yourself!

This means that just because of an Augment, everyone is going to be doing alot more DPS.

Using Oberon as an example again, look at his new Hallowed Eruption. In addition to DE buffing its utility, it now directly buffs the duration of his  Hallowed Ground by 100% 

If anything, it seems like DE wants to make Augments even stronger going forward.

If thats the case, im fully against power creep, and in effect  also against universally allowing Augments to go in the exilus slot.

Edited by (PS4)SpIitSnake
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Power creep happens not over night. It is a slow gradual process. Greenlighting small, seemingly insignificant power-ups led to current situation. What does one more small push. Right?

Firm NO to Augment slots.

LOL...It's like watching someone trying to stick their hand over a singular leak while the damn has broken all around them and the lake has already drowned the town below...

But sure...whatever...I look forward to the next round of amalgamods or whatever else DE introduces that rolls over your firm no like a tractor over a mellon....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

LOL...It's like watching someone trying to stick their hand over a singular leak while the damn has broken all around them and the lake has already drowned the town below...

Sad to see you did not understand a single word.

2 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

That reply implies, Warframe crossed the line and there is no salvation. That's simply not the case. Yet.
Rash and unnecessary demands like in this thread make any changes afterwards even more difficult.

2 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

But sure...whatever...I look forward to the next round of amalgamods or whatever else DE introduces that rolls over your firm no like a tractor over a mellon....

It's not like DE is assembled in their villain pub every Friday and discuss how they can flush the game with power creep. One bright-head from the community suggests something and other like-minded geniusses jump on the bandwagon. You do not have to be smart, just loud.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I could and will say the same of you...

34 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

That reply implies, Warframe crossed the line and there is no salvation. That's simply not the case. Yet.
Rash and unnecessary demands like in this thread make any changes afterwards even more difficult.

It's not like DE is assembled in their villain pub every Friday and discuss how they can flush the game with power creep. One bright-head from the community suggests something and other like-minded geniusses jump on the bandwagon. You do not have to be smart, just loud.

It is the case... that's the simple truth... there is no salvation...Even if DE tries to fix it with a total wipe and restart...This community aggressively and passively will make sure their efforts are destroyed in under a year of said hard reset...and six years ago I played it with the stamina bar and all the brakes applied and this community was just as adamant about pulling off said brakes back then in the so called golden age you tubers lament over... as they are now about never having it return...

A leopard doesn't change its spots...

Having an extra slot meant only for one syndicate mod isn't going to kill the game any faster with how the re-work and hamster wheel have fused into one that we've been on since...This ship has sailed...as they say...

This is just moot anyways..DE will either do it or not...so far not..so this part of the dam remains dry...Now excuse me I have to get on my boat and row my way over to arbitrations and save some downed players because they demanded they be able to be saved and after that I get to use 3 players using Saryn and Volt to kill nine levels of Elite Onslaught so I can level a gun while I catchup on MindHunter seasons 2 on Netflix...