Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for help from Oberon players

Begil

Question

Hai!

I very recently started maining Oberon again, after i noticed the change to Smite infusion, i loved him in the past as well but when i was a new player, but i switched to rhino and other frames as he didn't have any good ways to increase damage output.

But now i'm tinkering with builds and trying to find something that suits me, and i was hoping people out there could share their Oberon build and/or their opinion on my current build

This is what i run with now

img%5D

Thanks for the input

14 answers to this question

er, what are you using Oberon for? as that will dictate what i might suggest.

even just in general though, i would suggest choosing Adaptation over Umbral Fiber. you'll get significantly more durable on average, you won't have to worry about Enemies bypassing your Armor (since you don't rely on it), and between Guardian and Renewal+Hallowed Ground, the amount of relative EHP that Umbral Fiber is giving you is also quite diminished anyways.

that leaves you with space for say.... Range so that you can actually share the Damage Bonus with Allies, and actually debuff Enemies with Hallowed Ground / have a carpet large enough that your Allies can find it? :P
Efficiency could be useful in certain types of content, but since i don't know what it's for, heh.

47 minutes ago, Begil said:

Hai!

I very recently started maining Oberon again, after i noticed the change to Smite infusion, i loved him in the past as well but when i was a new player, but i switched to rhino and other frames as he didn't have any good ways to increase damage output.

But now i'm tinkering with builds and trying to find something that suits me, and i was hoping people out there could share their Oberon build and/or their opinion on my current build

img%5D

Thanks for the input

Personally I use a max range Oberon with augur reach, stretch, overextended. Then I use strength mods (intensify, transient fortitude, augur secrets) then I use primed continuity and then an efficiency mod.

Thanks for the responses so far

38 minutes ago, taiiat said:

what are you using Oberon for?

I use him for most mission types now anything from low level missions to arbitration's.

my usually play-style is getting my proc's(growing power and pax bolt) up and applying renewal should be around 710 armor and 144hp/sec unless i have other team mates with growing power, after that i do my best at applying smite infusion(330% radiation damage with growing power) to the team if we have a mission type that calls for it/allows it. since i tanked my range applying it can be difficult if i'm playing with random people i can't talk to on discord.

My hallowed ground is also very small as well so it can only be used for cc in maps with door ways or other choke-points. Reckoning combo is only used when mobs hit 120+, since before that i don't have the energy(damage taken is low) or need to strip armor 

Looking forward to more tips or opinions 🙂

7 hours ago, Begil said:

I use him for most mission types now anything from low level missions to arbitration's.

since i tanked my range applying it can be difficult if i'm playing with random people i can't talk to on discord.

My hallowed ground is also very small as well so it can only be used for cc in maps with door ways or other choke-points. Reckoning combo is only used when mobs hit 120+, since before that i don't have the energy(damage taken is low) or need to strip armor 

ah, everything, alright.

this sounds like some Range might be useful to have, then? :P
for general purpose that is my main suggestion then - Adaptation or some Range rather than Umbral Fiber (11% Strength is w/e when you have that much already, and the Armor the Mod is offering you is not that exciting considering what Guardian and Abilities will offer you).

12 hours ago, Begil said:

Hai!

img%5D

Thanks for the input

I would change Augur Secrets for Adaptation and Power Drift for Cunning Drift. Less Health per second, but 90% damage reduction and a bit more range.

SuperTank

I actually run a very balanced build, 

155 duration (primed cont) , 130 efficiency(streamline) 145 range (stretch) , 170 strength (umbral int. + power drift) . 

Also have hunter adrenaline so I am rarely low on energy, 

Adaptation ( better than umbral fiber) 

Smite infusion, 

Umbral vitality. 

With steel charge or growing power auras. 

I call this the adequately adept build. 

Gets me through most of the content and does both offense and defense support while being able to take the Ocassional rocket to the face. 

I am hoping for an augment mod slot so I can squeeze something more. 

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I actually run a very balanced build, 

155 duration (primed cont) , 130 efficiency(streamline) 145 range (stretch) , 170 strength (umbral int. + power drift) . 

Also have hunter adrenaline so I am rarely low on energy, 

Adaptation ( better than umbral fiber) 

Smite infusion, 

Umbral vitality. 

With steel charge or growing power auras. 

I call this the adequately adept build. 

Gets me through most of the content and does both offense and defense support while being able to take the Ocassional rocket to the face. 

I am hoping for an augment mod slot so I can squeeze something more. 

Don't even mention Augment mod slot. I started a topic about it and it was a sh*t storm of very clever people trying to lecture me on why it's not nessasery. You know, the best of the best, know it all people.

5 minutes ago, viperveteran said:

Here's my build.... not a smite infusion one though. The focus is armour stripping and killing with primary, secondary or melee. 

OZpKHD3.jpg

I must say, I'm really liking the Umbral formas on both Oberons, yours and OP. I was really thinking about useing my Umbral on Oberon, but always had an excuse not to. Think I must just do it. Oberon doesn't get enough love.

44 minutes ago, RunningChaos said:

Don't even mention Augment mod slot. I started a topic about it and it was a sh*t storm of very clever people trying to lecture me on why it's not nessasery. You know, the best of the best, know it all people.

It is actually not necessary, would be more a qol than anything else. That's why I want it. 

Thanks for all the build suggestions

And to derail my own thread further ^^,i would love an augment mod slot 😛

sure it would be power creep, but there are so many frames that have multiple great augments. But putting more than one of them in your build feels terrible

so i would be for adding augment slots, or maybe adding a small amount of stats on the augments as a bonus

https://tennoware.com/warframes/oberon prime/11242113007i205i703v303w805p710j405a210y910y810y710a903b403

I'd go for something like this, a slightly edited version of the build I go with on him. Thanks to Hollowed grounds you dont really need to worry to much about procs or anything, so his main weakness (like most) is getting knocked over, hence why I sacrifice the bit of power strength for the much more reliable super fast get up speed.

A bit of range so you can hit your allies, Primed Continuity for some more duration along with slightly less drain on energy, and then just all the umbral mods and adaptation, because nigh invulnerability is one hell of a drug. 

Tended to use this with streamline, but with the new infusion changes, might swap that polarity out for it...could be useful. 

Edited by WellIHopeThisOneWorks