Jump to content
_Kiro

Will it be Atlas next or...

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I'm just thinking randomly here, don't think much on it...

What are the chances of, instead of Atlas Prime coming on the next Prime Access, being Nezha Prime instead?

I just thought that it'd make a lot more sense to put the chinese warframes together 1 after the other and leave Atlas for another Prime Access followed by Inaros Prime (which should be the order if I'm not mistaken). That and, not my opinion cuz I do think Atlas is an incredibly powerful frame, the consensus is that Atlas "still needs a better rework" or at least that's the opinion I see everywhere I see Atlas being mentioned.

Again, it's not really a discussion on if a frame is bad or good, I'm just curious if this logic is proper.

Edited by _Kiro
Punctuation
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was thinking Ivara would be next. It's sorta male>female>male ...but sometimes the double male or female. I don't know why they skipped Atlas. So yeah Atlas may be next.

This is the order I see on Wiki minus the prime frames:

Chroma Male 03-19-2015 Update 16.0
Equinox Female 07-31-2015 Update 17.0
Atlas Male 10-01-2015 Update 17.5
Wukong Male 11-25-2015 Update 17.12
Ivara Female 12-03-2015 Update 18.0
Nezha Male 12-16-2015 Update 18.1
Inaros Male 03-04-2016 Update 18.5
Edited by kreep2.0
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I honestly hope atlas is next. He is so much better than people give him credit for and I cant wait to use the new rumbler augment.

Edited by (PS4)tissot555
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It MIGHT be Nezha next, for a better "Holiday Sales Season" profit. He's got a very solid kit, Multi-Functional, and is easier to grasp for newer players than Atlas. He's sort of what I imagine between him and Atlas to be the better Holiday Seller, unfortunately. I was HOPING Atlas would come before Wukong to avoid this issue (Wukong would have made a good Holiday seller too), but alas...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atlas is the expected frame to be primed next. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they did skip him again for Nezha since that would likely be more profitable for DE if they were to do that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear DE please bring me Ivara prime...I basically live inside of my Ivara 24/7 and the empty Pringles cans are piling up.

  • Haha 3
  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sinnae said:

Dear DE please bring me Ivara prime...I basically live inside of my Ivara 24/7 and the empty Pringles cans are piling up.

That's... not good for her health. Not because of the chips though.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kreep2.0 said:

It's sorta male>female>male ...but sometimes the double male or female. 

You are mixing up normal frame releases with prime releases.
Normal frames usually follow the order of male -> female -> male. Primes get released in an order of male -> male -> female -> female -> male -> male

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Technically the order should be been atlas, wukong, ivara, titania, nezha, and inaros.

But think about it as a business.  Prime access and unvaultings are what keeps des bills paid.  They need them to sell.

If a frame is generally unpopular or disliked it won't sell.

Wukong got a rework that people generally liked so he got pushed ahead.  Its not been common for the order to change.

Atlas is not that popular so to increase sales i would think a rework would happen before his prime.

De has 2 choices. They can prime atlas as is and hope it sells. Or they can skip him for a rework.  And prime nezha or inaros which are more popular.

When we get to titania she may also get a rework b4 her prime.  As she is not that liked atm.

  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tangent-Valley said:

It MIGHT be Nezha next, for a better "Holiday Sales Season" profit. He's got a very solid kit, Multi-Functional, and is easier to grasp for newer players than Atlas. He's sort of what I imagine between him and Atlas to be the better Holiday Seller, unfortunately. I was HOPING Atlas would come before Wukong to avoid this issue (Wukong would have made a good Holiday seller too), but alas...

the next prime will come some time around September

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully they just skip to Nidus for reasons. I want to Umbra forma a Nidus but don't want to waste it on base Nidus...

  • Woah 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Technically the order should be been atlas, wukong, ivara, titania, nezha, and inaros.

But think about it as a business.  Prime access and unvaultings are what keeps des bills paid.  They need them to sell.

If a frame is generally unpopular or disliked it won't sell.

Wukong got a rework that people generally liked so he got pushed ahead.  Its not been common for the order to change.

Atlas is not that popular so to increase sales i would think a rework would happen before his prime.

De has 2 choices. They can prime atlas as is and hope it sells. Or they can skip him for a rework.  And prime nezha or inaros which are more popular.

When we get to titania she may also get a rework b4 her prime.  As she is not that liked atm.

I'm not touching atlas prime with a 10 foot pole unless he gets a rework. Maybe I'd craft him if I accidentally got the pieces for a set while cracking open relics trying to get forma but that's it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Technically the order should be been atlas, wukong, ivara, titania, nezha, and inaros.

But think about it as a business.  Prime access and unvaultings are what keeps des bills paid.  They need them to sell.

If a frame is generally unpopular or disliked it won't sell.

Wukong got a rework that people generally liked so he got pushed ahead.  Its not been common for the order to change.

Atlas is not that popular so to increase sales i would think a rework would happen before his prime.

De has 2 choices. They can prime atlas as is and hope it sells. Or they can skip him for a rework.  And prime nezha or inaros which are more popular.

When we get to titania she may also get a rework b4 her prime.  As she is not that liked atm.

This is my general opinion, I do think that Nezha's rework was, in a general consensus, a lot better accepted than Atlas'. 

It makes sense at least that both chinese warframes be primed one after the other but we never know.

48 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

Hopefully they just skip to Nidus for reasons. I want to Umbra forma a Nidus but don't want to waste it on base Nidus...

Yea... this just won't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to prefer using the female frames. But will adjust my tactics as needed to complete my goals.

When de does a prime access i tend to get them even if i am not a fan of that frame.

Because its cost effective. The plat alone is cost effective.  But i get instant access to new weapons and frames with potatoes and any otherwise unobtainable cosmetics.

Plus it does support de and they do generally deserve support for making the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i believe they will do some rework in atlas and visual change ins the atlas walls....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have something like 2 months before the next prime access.  So we'll see what move de makes.

Personal vote is to skip to nezha/inaros.  Give plenty of time for atlas to get some rework love with titania.

And when we get titania prime release her spiffy deluxe skin at the same time.   That would probably sell well.

  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they stick to order it's atlas next for prime followed by ivara then titania.  They probably rework atlas next because he isn't exciting to a lot of people right now to sell the prime access to pay the bills.  Or just go with nezha/inaros.  

  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

If they stick to order it's atlas next for prime followed by ivara then titania.  They probably rework atlas next because he isn't exciting to a lot of people right now to sell the prime access to pay the bills.  Or just go with nezha/inaros.  

Nah, Gauss Prime soon after releasing Gauss.

Would fit in with things being obsolete so quickly, such as the Grinlok - Marelok release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kreep2.0 said:

I was thinking Ivara would be next. It's sorta male>female>male ...but sometimes the double male or female. I don't know why they skipped Atlas. So yeah Atlas may be next.

This is the order I see on Wiki minus the prime frames:

Chroma Male 03-19-2015 Update 16.0
Equinox Female 07-31-2015 Update 17.0
Atlas Male 10-01-2015 Update 17.5
Wukong Male 11-25-2015 Update 17.12
Ivara Female 12-03-2015 Update 18.0
Nezha Male 12-16-2015 Update 18.1
Inaros Male 03-04-2016 Update 18.5

Um, this might have been addressed already but a certain part of this list is inaccurate. Mesa Prime(female warframe)was released before Equinox Prime. Limbo Prime(male warframe) was released before Chroma Prime, making the pattern of prime warframe release male>male>female>female>male>male>female>female

  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Atlas isn't under any expectation for getting changes soonTM then it'll most likely be Nezha.

But either way Nezha would be the most profitable choice as I doubt Atlas would gain much popularity (at least relative to Nezha) even with changes.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Wukong got a rework that people generally liked so he got pushed ahead.  Its not been common for the order to change.

Not really accurate, Wukongs rework didn't actually add any weight to the decision to release Wukong Prime when they did, that was decided before the rework was even in motion, and I believe finished before it even got a send off. According to Pablo for that matter the rework wasn't even planned to happen at all going into the prime, it was a separate decision made by Pablo sometime after they decided to prime him that he more or less asked if he could do because he had noticed he was getting primed and he figured why not try something before then as he felt he had ideas for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon it'll be Atlas. personally though I don't think he needs a radical rework, just some tweaks. it's mainly his Tectonics that suffers: outside of Mobile Defense it's kind of useless, and I dislike having to turn the old wall into a boulder BEFORE I can cast it again. he can still punch things really hard,  has decent CC with petrify and Rumblers...

..eeehhh OK maybe Rumblers could use a buff. other frames need it way more though (Ember and Vauban).

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally don't think they will push Atlas any further for priming even if they do not rework or tweak him. 

It's only going to release in September, the gold standard for selling PA is christmas / new year as is any item you want to sell irrespective to type. So they will keep the ones with highest potential for purchase then. 

It will also depend on the pairing with weapons, I have seen very few releases where both the prime weapons and the frames were popular. 

It's usually a pairing where one is popular and one is not (the actual prime may become more popular after release) 

 

Of course I would love it if Nezha released instead but I find it unlikely. 

  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...