Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will it be Atlas next or...

_Kiro

39 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

It will also depend on the pairing with weapons, I have seen very few releases where both the prime weapons and the frames were popular. 

It's usually a pairing where one is popular and one is not (the actual prime may become more popular after release) 

What I was thinking.

It will be Atlas, but with something of the like of Corinth Prime or Lacera Prime

8 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

It MIGHT be Nezha next, for a better "Holiday Sales Season" profit. He's got a very solid kit, Multi-Functional, and is easier to grasp for newer players than Atlas.

Keep in mind that they very often revisit or outright rework frames prior to their Prime counterparts' releases. Just because Atlas is underused now, doesn't mean that he will be in the advent of his Prime.

8 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

I was HOPING Atlas would come before Wukong to avoid this issue (Wukong would have made a good Holiday seller too), but alas...

Wukong is a great example of what I'm referring to. Just before his Prime, they reworked the incredibly unpopular Monkey frame into something fun, strong and infinitely more playable. Otherwise he would've been a terrible seller. Atlas will very likely get at least a tweak or two.

13 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

What I was thinking.

It will be Atlas, but with something of the like of Corinth Prime or Lacera Prime

I do think it will have alteast tekko (probably) as it is his signature weapon, not gonna bet on it though, DE has stopped caring about consistency. 

I am personally hoping for magnus prime. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

If they stick to order it's atlas next for prime followed by ivara then titania.  They probably rework atlas next because he isn't exciting to a lot of people right now to sell the prime access to pay the bills.  Or just go with nezha/inaros.  

Bruh he really does need a rework atlas is ok but not endgame to me and rock meter is trash.

8 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

the next prime will come some time around September

Mm. I might be projecting the calendar year a little further than it currently is. Thanks. X'D
(Guess I'm looking forward to the Holidays off work too much. =w=")

11 hours ago, kreep2.0 said:

I was thinking Ivara would be next. It's sorta male>female>male ...but sometimes the double male or female. I don't know why they skipped Atlas. So yeah Atlas may be next.

This is the order I see on Wiki minus the prime frames:

Chroma Male 03-19-2015 Update 16.0
Equinox Female 07-31-2015 Update 17.0
Atlas Male 10-01-2015 Update 17.5
Wukong Male 11-25-2015 Update 17.12
Ivara Female 12-03-2015 Update 18.0
Nezha Male 12-16-2015 Update 18.1
Inaros Male 03-04-2016 Update 18.5

The actual order should be mm ff mm etc but they've messed it up lately

Edited by K555

Chroma got his Prime while he has the same need for a rework than Atlas, both have 2 good abilities and 2 bad abilities

Both are extremely tanky, Chroma has more damage but Atlas has CC

If Chroma got his Prime, I don't see why Atlas should wait. Also, if he's supposed to be so unpopular, I would release him ASAP (September/October) and keep a more popular Prime for December/January

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)MetalPain x 666 said:

Based on what? Wukong Prime was released in July, Only primes to be released in september is the unvaulting of Valkyr and Saryn.

They'll very likely cut this Prime Access short and the next one as well in order to have a popular female frame ready for the Holiday shopping season Prime release like in past recent years (Ivara expected this time). That's a business window that results in concessions being made somewhere else so they can take advantage of it.

13 minutes ago, sungod1 said:

When did the idea that frames need a rework before the prime comes out start? 

DE has made it clear that Prime Access sales are very important. People are less likely to buy Prime Access for an unpopular frame, so stat adjustments and reworks are in their best interests to increase the sales potential of the new Prime frame.

Edited by Jarriaga

It'll be Atlas and then Ivara.  They've never skipped over a frame twice in a row.  Atlas will get minimal love to his kit like Mirage did for her prime or none at all like with equinox.  The whole "muh money tho" argument doesn't really hold water when the bigger time for DE to cash in money wise is the holidays.  Which in this case would be Ivara.  So there would be no reason to swap atlas yet again.

They've done this with both Valkyr and nova prime.  And Vauban is their next targeted rework to begin with.  So I really doubt they're going to do much if anything for Atlas and his prime.

18 hours ago, kreep2.0 said:

I was thinking Ivara would be next. It's sorta male>female>male ...but sometimes the double male or female. I don't know why they skipped Atlas. So yeah Atlas may be next.

For normal Warframe release schedule it follows male-female format but Prime program follows double format instead, so you get two males and two females every time. Since Equinox came before Wukong, the next one will be male Warframe. I think the general consensus is it will likely be Atlas, however there is a small chance the program doesn't follow chronology (Nova).

10 minutes ago, Sandomere said:

I bet it’s:

atlas - end of august or early september

ivara - end of november or early december

Nezha - mid january for chinese new year

Nezha's male, can't be after Ivara for sure.

7 hours ago, sungod1 said:

When did the idea that frames need a rework before the prime comes out start? 

since everyone thinks that since a frame can't take level 500s without thinking about it they're trash. basically everyone wants powercreep and then more powercreep with the prime. It was the Saryn rework that really made ti bad cause now everyone should be nukers.

The unvaultings and prime access selling is vital for de staying in business.

That being said. If a frame won't sell well its a wise business move to rework it so it will sell.

Wukong was primed ahead of atlas because his rework made people actually like him.  So he was the better business move to make for de.

10 hours ago, (XB1)MetalPain x 666 said:

Based on what? Wukong Prime was released in July, Only primes to be released in september is the unvaulting of Valkyr and Saryn.

it is an estimate and they are every 3 mounts often coensideing with the start of seasons (kina) I am expecting late September or early October because monkey boy came out in the first week of July and there is always a new prime for Christmas (I do concede that October is more likely)

22 hours ago, kreep2.0 said:

they have changed the priming order afew times based on popluarity