Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(XBOX)Umbra Howl

Put zaw gunblades,whips,dual swords,claws, dual daggers, sparring, whipblades,nikana etc in cetus.

I honestly say this idea multiple times it's been rejected everytime I don't understand why maybe because the riven market would crashed or something. 

I hope you guys like the feedback 

Edited by (XB1)Umbrahowl

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Umbrahowl said:

I don't understand why maybe because the riven market would crashed or something

Take a daggers for example, what is better? A well made Zaw dagger, or a standard one? If DE gives us more Zaw types it may negatively impact new melee weapons.

• I doubt a riven market crash would be the result. There will be new rivens added that people will pay high amounts for.

One good reason to consistently reject this idea is because now is not a good time’. DE is working on updating and rebalancing(?) Melee. Do you really think adding more Zaws now is a good idea?

Edited by krc473

A few of those weapons wouldn't really work as zaws, or would be so limited in options that there wouldn't be much point in them being zaws in the first place.

Dual swords/daggers could be pretty straightforward though.

All that said... I kinda have always wanted a Mewan whipblade...

(Incidentally there are Nikana zaws already)

Edited by rapt0rman

8 hours ago, (XB1)Umbrahowl said:

Put zaw gunblades,whips,dual swords,claws, dual daggers, sparring, whipblades,nikana etc in cetus

Gunblades, Sparring, Claws (Glaives and Warfans too) would require a custom strike and a custom grip, at which point they wouldn't really be modular anymore.

Dual anything requires a new assembly mechanic to combine two zaws. I suspect it's more work than it's worth.

Zaw nikanas can be made with any 1h grip with a Sepfahn strike.

I think whips and whipblades should be possible with a new grip - that grip would make whips with small strikes and whipblades with big ones. However it might be a lot of work as the current whip animations rely on slight offsets between handle and strikes that will be hard to make work with all the modular strikes.

I'd like to see a large strike that can only be used with 1h grips, and makes either a 2h nikana or heavy weapon depending on the grip.

3 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Gunblades, Sparring, Claws (Glaives and Warfans too) would require a custom strike and a custom grip, at which point they wouldn't really be modular anymore.

Dual anything requires a new assembly mechanic to combine two zaws. I suspect it's more work than it's worth.

Zaw nikanas can be made with any 1h grip with a Sepfahn strike.

I think whips and whipblades should be possible with a new grip - that grip would make whips with small strikes and whipblades with big ones. However it might be a lot of work as the current whip animations rely on slight offsets between handle and strikes that will be hard to make work with all the modular strikes.

I'd like to see a large strike that can only be used with 1h grips, and makes either a 2h nikana or heavy weapon depending on the grip.

Thank you please spread the word homie