Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Enemy Faction: The Orchid (+art)

(PSN)NinjaBlitz99

20 minutes ago, (PS4)NinjaBlitz99 said:

Did it.

Im digging this so much. DE was talking about a way to bring stalker mode to players. Some sort of system using this "fallen angel" or "angel" idea can add an interesting way on how it could work. 

The chances of DE considering this may be close to nonexistent but, hope fuels strength needed for success yea? Sometimes the paths to success is just hidden from our sight know? Those "Aha!" Moments yea?

Or do i just need sleep? xD 

Going to bed anyways, Was a pleasure coming across such a fun idea! 

On 2019-08-22 at 3:16 AM, (PS4)NinjaBlitz99 said:

After spending decades researching the history of the Orokin they began to view them as the creators of the universe they now live in and began referring to them as The Golden Gods. A religious group was born from this calling themselves The Orchid and divided into houses each based off the seven Orokin virtues: speed, power, cunning, agility, endurance, cooperation, and stealth

Aren't those the tenno virtues, not the Orokin virtues. Pretty sure Orokin virtues were allong the lines of, "I am pretty, lets live forever and make shiny things while supremely screwing over any other race we meet/make"

1 hour ago, NuclearCoffeePot said:

Aren't those the tenno virtues, not the Orokin virtues. Pretty sure Orokin virtues were allong the lines of, "I am pretty, lets live forever and make shiny things while supremely screwing over any other race we meet/make"

The only thing I can really say is: you know that; I know that; but the Orchid don’t know that.

2 hours ago, NuclearCoffeePot said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Orokin The wiki says these were virtues the Orokin held with the utmost importance, also you find mods for these drifts to "Orokin" vaults

So maybe they might be the only truly indifferent “ally” to the Tenno, neither friend nor foe. They “might” help them out of a jam, like if you’re captured by Zanuka Hunter, but won’t offer you safe haven. As one NPC in a different game might say: “(they’ll) patch a gunshot wound for free, but kick your (butt) and kick you out if you try to (steal) a few painkillers.”

13 minutes ago, (PS4)NinjaBlitz99 said:

They are devils and demons (purge extra hard) Natah being the one that corrupted the Tenno and made them fall from grace.

If that’s what they think, then maybe they can reveal themselves during the New War and “call Natah extra mean names” (polite definition) while also revealing their philosophy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)NinjaBlitz99 said:

hhhmmm haven't thought of that, it's possible they could do it biologically (asexually) though I'm liking the idea they took the pods and equipment that made them and just been using those.

We already have clonning based faction so here a realy stupid Idea. It has a normal part and the stupid one

First part

They already have a insect motife , so why not jsut give them a queen.

Here is the stupid part

They already argument themselves with tecnlogy so why not argument the quenn with cloning podes.

something like

latest?cb=20110611215557

But with grineer cloning pods atached to it

7C29391129691113129E240FED5379662EFF01E6

And here is the twist. Most religions have some form of orinal sin. So what if they see themselves as born unclean becasue they are created by grineer tech istead of orokin one. So they want to find the original orokin cloning tech. The one used to create this beatiful CHAD.

cC1s5OY.png

Edited by keikogi

9 hours ago, (PS4)NinjaBlitz99 said:

hhhmmm how bout they hook up those pods to those Orokin machine creatures like a brood mother? @keikogi

The orokin have a fair share of insectoide looking machines( ravenous maw , shrimp prime (fish from orb valis ) and the giant worm thing from the duviri trailer ). Maybe on the research facility orchid were creted the grinee had discovered some insectoid looking orokin machine related to kuva production . Somehow the orchid tought the machine was their mother and the grineer stole her womb. So they somehow managed to use the grineer pods on the machine. The machine reactivates , eats a few of them and stars gestating new orchid on the cloning pods. I'm going on wild tangent , it might be wise to ignore everything I just said.

• 1 month later...

One of the things I’m working on is a Warframe/Mass Effect crossover, and my prequel has the Protheans as the “aging galactic superpower” and the Orokin as the “up-and-coming new challenger”, and the Orokin being the only one to battle the Prothean empire to a standstill. Since I kind of like this, what do you think the Orchid would think of the Protheans?

Also, what would you think the Orchid would think of the Unum and the Quills?

10 minutes ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

One of the things I’m working on is a Warframe/Mass Effect crossover, and my prequel has the Protheans as the “aging galactic superpower” and the Orokin as the “up-and-coming new challenger”, and the Orokin being the only one to battle the Prothean empire to a standstill. Since I kind of like this, what do you think the Orchid would think of the Protheans?

Also, what would you think the Orchid would think of the Unum and the Quills?

I'd say for the Protheans The Orchid would view them as some kind of devils like the Sentients who dare defy the Golden Gods. 

As for the Unum and the Quills I'd say The Orchid are actually ok with the Unum since it is theorized that the Unum is some kind of Orokin. They'd probably view the Quills as (possibly ok) but the people of Cetus are screwed cause they've been harvesting meat from the Unum and since it's possibly Orokin The Orchid think's of that as heresy and work ferociously to conquer Cetus. 

Edited by (PS4)NinjaBlitz99