Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Renegade343

Why aren't there Infested event weapons?

We have Wraith variants for Grineer weapons (and the Latron), Vandal variants for Corpus weapons (and the Lato/Braton), both of which typically come in events, but throughout all the events, we never had Infested event weapons.

Like to know why though, given it would've been fitting for some events.

I am for it.

Though i think it goes to another subforum.

You mean aside from Plague Star infested zaws?

1 minute ago, sinnae said:

You mean aside from Plague Star infested zaws?

Yeah. 

🤔 Did OP forget about the zaws or do they not "count" for some reason?

I was more referring to variants on existing weapons.

I see now...I'm not well-versed enough on weapon/faction lore to know which would be a good fit for a Plague variant...but I want it nevertheless 😄 

Well, we do have them with Mutalist variants i guess like Mutalist Quanta and Mutalist Cernos.

Event wise, i guess since the infested never use weapons themselfs it would be odd getting them from events or Invasions i guess.

Kinda like Prime variants also beeing just upgrades to normal stuff without events also, Prisma we also have and Mara Detron which are also unique and not seem to count towars any faciton.

Mutalist variants take more than modifying the material for more gloss or a simple prebaked texture-overlay, and instead demand more modelling work. The following explains it:

Good-fast-and-cheap14.jpg

1 minute ago, Marine027 said:

Event wise, i guess since the infested never use weapons themselfs it would be odd getting them from events or Invasions i guess

Event wise, Mutalist Alad V can be a key-character on such event giving infested weaponry... #Mutalist

2 minutes ago, sinnae said:

They don't count because they're not variant weapons, like the Dera Vandal or the Gorgon Wraith, which are/were associated with events.

Just now, FerockQuartz said:

*Sampling*---Plague Phantasma... what do you think?

Isn't Phantasma Tau tech?

Just now, -OP-NerevarCM said:

Isn't Phantasma Tau tech?

"hunhow phantasma" now sounds alluring

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

They don't count because they're not variant weapons, like the Dera Vandal or the Gorgon Wraith, which are/were associated with events.

Weapon variants exist as the faction's "true" or "improved" version of mass-produced/common weapons, right? Infested don't make weapons.

Mutalist weapons seem to specifically be infested-tainted Corpus weapons, so not exactly the same as the high-quality "true" faction variant, more like a hybrid bastardization.

That is my superficial understanding, anyway.

Weapon variants exist as the faction's "true" or "improved" version of mass-produced/common weapons, right? Infested don't make weapons.

Mutalist weapons seem to specifically be infested-tainted Corpus weapons, so not exactly the same as the high-quality "true" faction variant, more like a hybrid bastardization.

Most of them behave completely differently from the Original.

Mutualist Quanta is an assault rifle whilst the regular Quanta is a beam weapon, for example.

Edit: Also, they're not acquired from events.

I mean, the Infested event weapons could be made with a more stronger strain.

Hmm and the Paracyst is the fully-mutated version of Mutalist Quanta...how many other weapons exist like this? (Double-variant.)

13 minutes ago, sinnae said:

Mutalist cernos, lesion, and dual toxocyst seem to be a infested cernos, tipedo, akbolto, it seems.

I'd love to see a mutalist harpak.

Morbus Embolist, Morbus Paracyst, Morbus Phage, Morbus Scoliac etc... It works as a theme name.

19 minutes ago, Jokie155 said:

Morbus Embolist, Morbus Paracyst, Morbus Phage, Morbus Scoliac etc... It works as a theme name.

what about how it would look like?

You have plague zaws which come from recurring event and you have the mutalist weapons. They're enough for me because I'm fine with infested themed stuff coming to us by different means, I think it adds to their theme.

Besides, we got one open world for corpus and one for grineer... Next is infested I guess, so we might just have plenty in a... year or two? xD

1 minute ago, themagus2 said:

You have plague zaws which come from recurring event and you have the mutalist weapons. They're enough for me because I'm fine with infested themed stuff coming to us by different means, I think it adds to their theme.

Besides, we got one open world for corpus and one for grineer... Next is infested I guess, so we might just have plenty in a... year or two? xD

Deeming this would be after Duviri Paradox or The New War... hard to expect if there would be a breeding free-roam world for it since it is an Orokin product and hard to tell if it would have the same event as Sentients that goes rogue towards the Orokin Empire -  or how it would appeal in the next storytelling... and Arlo's infested correlation is not that amusing right now IMO...

9 minutes ago, themagus2 said:

True, but I do like the idea of Infested weapons growing stronger.