Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why aren't there Infested event weapons?

Renegade343

Seeing as how the grineer and corpus weapons are just variants of already existing weapons and not entirely new models, I could see infested weapons having a helminth version, like the helminth mire or helminth hema, where their skin appears more like an organic steel than their normal flesh and organ style.

Question is, how do you aquire the parts, since you can't support the infested like you can the grineer or corpus. Maybe something tying into Arlo and his zealots?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FatalPapercut said:

Seeing as how the grineer and corpus weapons are just variants of already existing weapons and not entirely new models, I could see infested weapons having a helminth version, like the helminth mire or helminth hema, where their skin appears more like an organic steel than their normal flesh and organ style.

Question is, how do you aquire the parts, since you can't support the infested like you can the grineer or corpus. Maybe something tying into Arlo and his zealots?

Infested mutation, causing the weapon to be more virulent/powerful. Also, for acquiring the parts, Juggernaut or Phorid at a specific planet would be a good start.

7 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

Like to know why though

no idea, but I've always liked the idea of a system where you combine your current infested weapons with some special resources to upgrade them and make the a lot stronger. would be cool to have a machine in the Helminth Room, throw your infested weapon of choice in there along with a new resource and some mutagen, Nano Spores etc, and after some time "evolving" (could have a build time like Foundry if needed), you take it out and looks different and has better base stats. there would also be a new prefix for that weapon: "Evolved Torid" as an example. or perhaps make the system more drastic and have it totally transform your weapon with a new name.

definitely would like stronger versions of infested weapons, and I really like the aesthetic of Helminth and Arlo's Infested strains compared to the regular Mutalist one.