Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring PC to Nintendo Switch migration back!

ZuseTNT

As I am sure many of you know and remember, when Warframe came for to the Nintendo Switch, for the first couple of days you could migrate your PC account to the Switch console, but that was a limited time only thing! As time passed without a Switch and with a good PC the return of this option seemed trivial and unnecessary, but! with the death of my PC and my recently bought Switch this option seems more crucial that ever! as I am sure I am not the only one hoping for the return of this option I call out to you, the rest of the Warframe community, to comment tag and do whatever you can to get this post as big as possible so we can get DE's attention and make sure they see our need for the return of the PC to Switch account migration! 

thank you

TNT 

This has already been discussed to death. DE can't decide about account migration by themselves, they have to negotiate with the console manufacturers first. I'd imagine it would prove paricularly difficult with Nintendo, a company that's notoriously out-of-touch when it comes to online features.

On 2019-08-22 at 6:56 PM, Pr1A said:

This has already been discussed to death. DE can't decide about account migration by themselves, they have to negotiate with the console manufacturers first. I'd imagine it would prove paricularly difficult with Nintendo, a company that's notoriously out-of-touch when it comes to online features.

I am not 100% aware of the "behind the scenes" things that happened to make the account migration work but with the knowledge I possess it doesn't sound as big of a task. If they did it once there's no reason they wouldn't be able to do it again. The discussion with Nintendo isn't the problem as far as I see it. It's mainly the lack of interest on DE's part. If any DE staff or someone else who can enlighten me with 100% proven facts will show me wrong I'll accept the facts and close the thread. But it's just annoying that the migration was a time thing which makes people like me with 100% worst timing in human kind history suffer. Going from MR 16 to MR 0 is frustrating and an awful feeling and it doesn't seem as such a big deal to open the migration a couple of more time for the unlucky amongst the players. seeing 805 hours of play time on my favorite game go to waste hurts. 

TNT

12 minutes ago, ZuseTNT said:

I am not 100% aware of the "behind the scenes" things that happened to make the account migration work but with the knowledge I possess it doesn't sound as big of a task. If they did it once there's no reason they wouldn't be able to do it again. The discussion with Nintendo isn't the problem as far as I see it. It's mainly the lack of interest on DE's part. If any DE staff or someone else who can enlighten me with 100% proven facts will show me wrong I'll accept the facts and close the thread. But it's just annoying that the migration was a time thing which makes people like me with 100% worst timing in human kind history suffer. Going from MR 16 to MR 0 is frustrating and an awful feeling and it doesn't seem as such a big deal to open the migration a couple of more time for the unlucky amongst the players. seeing 805 hours of play time on my favorite game go to waste hurts. 

TNT

This entire post only proves that you and other people that keep asking this don't know what went into the migrations. Yes, it is up to the console manufacturers as well, they have the final say. There's a lot of red tape that needs to be gone through. Demanding a Dev to tell you exactly what @Pr1A told you, which is the truth btw, is asinine.

On 2019-08-22 at 9:33 AM, ZuseTNT said:

As I am sure many of you know and remember, when Warframe came for to the Nintendo Switch, for the first couple of days you could migrate your PC account to the Switch console, but that was a limited time only thing! As time passed without a Switch and with a good PC the return of this option seemed trivial and unnecessary, but! with the death of my PC and my recently bought Switch this option seems more crucial that ever! as I am sure I am not the only one hoping for the return of this option I call out to you, the rest of the Warframe community, to comment tag and do whatever you can to get this post as big as possible so we can get DE's attention and make sure they see our need for the return of the PC to Switch account migration! 

thank you

TNT 

I believe, they are working on pc-console console-console and console-pc migration setup. Heard rumors.

4 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

I believe, they are working on pc-console console-console and console-pc migration setup. Heard rumors.

And those rumors are false. Devs said they're looking into cross progression. There hasn't been much word on it after that. It's entirely different.

On 2019-08-29 at 3:14 PM, Sajochi said:

This entire post only proves that you and other people that keep asking this don't know what went into the migrations. Yes, it is up to the console manufacturers as well, they have the final say. There's a lot of red tape that needs to be gone through. Demanding a Dev to tell you exactly what @Pr1A told you, which is the truth btw, is asinine.

I'm not demanding a dev will tell me I am just looking for sources and facts. I've learned to not trust 1 person and want further confirmation (like an interview or a dev stream....). altho what @Pr1A said does make sense I don't want it to be true. I also was there at the dev stream a while when they said the are lookig into cross progression but that is a long time away...

The PC to Switch migration on the other hand, isn't something that is a long time away. its something that was a long time ago. And all I want to see is it brought back. I was being ignorent and sayed it's easy and "not a big deal" but I did some research and now I'm very much aware of the dificulty of the process and the steps that need to be taken. but they aren't impossible and have already been done in the past.

@Sajochi If you have and source that can show me they aren't doing anything and not planing to do or a source that shows the opposite please share a link here. If you don't (and I mean this with no harm) your word isn't woth much to me. I said I was looking for confimation from a dev because they generaly have more info on their game than the players, but if a player with a viable source can show me the truth, it has the same viability as a dev's word.

Much appreciated

TNT