Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pets need a Claw "weapon" tab.

Kaotyke

You guys introduced those Dual Stat for the pets, but there is no space left to put them unless we wish to sacrifice their survivability, which is a no-no.

You can even lower the number of Mod slots we have from 10 to 8 like the Warframes after the ability mods were taken out.

But Maul, Bite, Pack Leader, some of the Hunter/Tek Mods and the Dual stats need to have a dedicated "weapon" slot.

• Like 1

I think when they talked about pets 2.0 it was suggested by a forum person but they said likely no, but i do hope thye add it its an unfair thing we have sentinels and moas getting weapons and pets dont have claws moddable its kinda crap

• Like 2

6 hours ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Please no.. I don't want even more forma sinks 😞

So you prefer not to use forma instead of having a more reliable and stronger companion?

My Kubro can hit over 20K damage tho i had to sacrifice some space i could be using for Animal Instincts or other functional mods in order to mod him for damage. 😕

2 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

I don´t think so

I dont see what this has to do with anything.

You still show that you sacrificed survival mods along with Ultility to have those on.

And showing the XP you have on the Kubrow? No idea why that is needed.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I dont see what this has to do with anything.

You still show that you sacrificed survival mods along with Ultility to have those on.

And showing the XP you have on the Kubrow? No idea why that is needed.

I don´t need more survivability Mods, so i didn´t sacrifice anything i just asssimilite my gameplay to Kubrow, that is what lots of players don´t understand. It´s not about XP but kills just in case someone started to complain about Beasts Dmg, one from 3 most used complains about Beast: no Dmg, no Survivability, dumb AI. More slots or "Claw" separate loadout will not help because half of important mods are split thru whole Arsenal and the Beast aren´t a "seperate unit".

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

I don´t need more survivability Mods, so i didn´t sacrifice anything i just asssimilite my gameplay to Kubrow, that is what lots of players don´t understand. It´s not about XP but kills just in case someone started to complain about Beasts Dmg, one from 3 most used complains about Beast: no Dmg, no Survivability, dumb AI. More slots or "Claw" separate loadout will not help because half of important mods are split thru whole Arsenal and the Beast aren´t a "seperate unit".

This a bit contraditory. You say players complain about the Pets not having Damage, Survivabilty and its a Dumb AI. And having a slot so you can have the Damage Mods in one and Survivability in another, which means you can have the both better Survivability and Damage (and thus only having the Dumb AI as the only problem) would not help?

And I dont think the number of kills would even matter at this point. Chesa has been here since U17 (4 years), the number of kills would stack up anyways.

20 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Not exactly a weapon, just the ability to mod its attacks separately from its status, also they should make Pet`s breed exclusive skills be part of them like Warframe`s abilities instead of a mod, this would free up 2 mod slots for each pets.

Pretty much what i ranted for a long time. I would like to think MANY would agree they would enjoy actually having room to add extra mods like pack leader, Sanctuary, etc. to there pets then be stuck with most of the mandatory mods taking up to the room where you have to decide if you want your pet to barely do any damage or able to do nothing much else but tap enemies rather hard. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

I don´t think so

TFFYeBU.jpg

Oh big woop, you basically modded a doggo with full on damage and tank mods with no real utility mods like medi-pet kit, fetch, etc. Aka what people normally shove onto pets and what not. Then stuck in a corner while the doggo killed a bunch of venus/earth tier enemies, thats pretty much the point your getting across. Meanwhile we have Adarza & Smeeta able to bring alot more to the table with PRECEPTS that can stun & strip armor off of enemies and hit multiple of them at once, with sadly not so accurate results on end, plus breed specific precepts that leave an impact (+60% additive crit & a bunch of various buffs, including 2x aff booster).

You can`t really make a point of a animal being stwong if everything else is not really doing much, Sentinels can not really do much for damage on the mid-high level mobs and you can`t expect them to help with CC or mob assisting that much unless your using that cold beam laser to maybe deal with one foe at a time to slow it down a bit. Moas are basically sentinels except with animal rez patterns and precepts that are just more gimmick-based, doggos are just kavats without worth-while precepts. Anyone remember when we were suppose to get freakin Bird companions? Cause i certainly feel like those were DROPPED cause d.e. likely realized they would need to move up a actual pet revamp to not just simply give us what would be the equilvency to a flying kubrow that would likely be more fragile, instead of being something that gives a real reason to use it over the others, then just being a fashion choice for what animal you take for walkies.

The only massive exception i can say to this is Helminth charger because it has a CC gag of grabbing enemies like Nidus can and a precept that lets it just tackle mow down enemies. But that is not saying much when we already need to load up pets with plenty of important things and again, existence of Kavats kind of negates alot of the reason to bring a helminth charger over a smeeta to any mission.

Edited by Avienas

Regardless of how people mod their pets, we should have access to separate modding for damage & utility/survival mods. I simply don't understand why people wouldn't want access to broader types of builds, regardless of the Forma investment. Robotic companions have it, why not allow for such expansive build diversity for our pets? It's outright contradictory to support one thing & not the other. Please, apply critical thinking so that players unanimously agree & compel DE to apply a much needed QoL update to pets, they aren't exactly as popular as sentinels in the first place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Avienas said:

... and again, existence of Kavats kind of negates alot of the reason to bring a helminth charger over a smeeta to any mission.

The pet swapping system discourages using anything other than smeeta.  I don't even bring out my 8-forma ardaza for edilon runs because it's such a pain to freeze, find, unfreeze, etc.  

Pet's need to be instantly assesible just like robotics.  I don't care at all for realism in Warframe pet simulator.  I wanna set a pet for certain builds, pull up my Warframe, and my helmbith is on nidus, my ardaza on chroma, my smeeta on most everything else.  I never wanna deal with that stupid machine taking up space on my orbiter again.  

Get rid of the freeze crap, it is not fun.  Games are suppose to be fun.  Wanna charge me weekly credits, whatever, do it in background without interaction!

And to OP, yes +1.  I would love a claw weapon to forma.  Even for players above complaining forma sink, they would still be better off (more damage + more utility) with the claw slots and no forma than how it is now.  And sticking a reactor on pet would auto double claw as well (same as it does for frames ultimate energy weapons).

DE has ran scripts before to return forma from modified slots, they could do again.  

I'd happily lose 2 slots on pet (8 total) to gain 8 for weapon, then free up all the damage mods on pet for more utility or survivability.  I've never used one of elemental bite mods because there is no space.

Edited by Educated_Beast

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

This a bit contraditory. You say players complain about the Pets not having Damage, Survivabilty and its a Dumb AI. And having a slot so you can have the Damage Mods in one and Survivability in another, which means you can have the both better Survivability and Damage (and thus only having the Dumb AI as the only problem) would not help?

Extra slots will not help you if you’re not willing to set your Frame, Primary for Beast, not to check Beasts conditions and make few swings with Melee while you’re not Melee oriented player.

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

And I dont think the number of kills would even matter at this point. Chesa has been here since U17 (4 years), the number of kills would stack up anyways.

Removed, to not derail the Topic.

Agree to this completely. I always wondered what exactly was missing with pets compared to Moa's and Sentinal's, but this topic pointed out exactly what that was.

Agree that it would be incredibly nice and even just make things more consistent if all the pets had 'exilas' weapons being there claws, got a few more damage oriented mods to farm for, and then split the focus. The main reason (outside of the stupid degrading health system) I tend to use my sentinel over anything else, is just the sear amount of utility that the little bugger can provide. Health, instant shield regen, a hefty shield for reviving (though that's a bit yes helpful these days with invuln kid but still) various other quirks like ammo conversion, CC and loot detection. All while not having to sacrifice any amount of damage for all of this. The Sentinel ends up being tankier and lasts longer half the time too, though I use carrier prime so that might be the main reason for that.

Having a dedicated separation would just make things more consistent, and make using a pet a lot more viable. 

(Actually fully removing the health degrading system would be rather nice to, but I doubt they will ever do that at this point if its lasted this long and gone through this many iterations to make it as unintrusive as possible but still existing as a thing...honestly I think implementing either the upgraded segment just removing the need, or having it do a 'slow drip' where it will consume a stim pack after X number of days automatically, and then keep the pet currently active at 'full' for X more days tell it applies another one, then puts it in stasis if stims run out. That would make me feel better too...at least a little bit, and let them keep all of there code they're so desperately clinging to. Though being able to just click on a certain pet and go 'swap with current' would be nice, but, I've rambled on enough off topic as is. Point is there pet systems needs refinement...a lot of it...but this would be a good step forward!) 

Edited by WellIHopeThisOneWorks

Yea, it's been talked about.

I also made a complimentary example of Sentinel having better attack precept options to configure how you'd like it to attack.

The Attack precept is also separate from the standard mod setup like an Aura of Exilus slot.

• Long Range, will head-shot +50% head-shot multiplier, -25% Fire Rate for 4s you've taken damage.
  • Short Range., +25% Base Status, +25% Fire Rate for 4s when you take damage.
  • Mid Range, +50% Reload Speed, +50% Damage for 4s when you take damage.
  • Short - Mid Range, First shot per Mag does +100% Damage, Instantly Reload if Sentinel has not shot recently.

Just some concept stuff to add more control over the way a player's Sentinel attacks. Companions need similar to control their actions. Esp a flat out, Do not attack option, aka stay close to me and do not try to melee that lvl 300 Napalm.

il y a 10 minutes, Xzorn a dit :

Esp a flat out, Do not attack option, aka stay close to me and do not try to melee that lvl 300 Napalm.

That would be very welcomed. Opposite specters, for some reason most pets display worrying suicidal tendencies. I think the PETA might denounce us sometimes soon if this keeps up...

3 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

I don't even bring out my 8-forma ardaza for edilon runs because it's such a pain to freeze, find, unfreeze, etc.  

Honestly, whenever i get hungry to hunt the Tri-dons usually for focus to max another pointless skill cause boredom, i just bring my Sentinel since they have become the only excuse to use mods for the set effects. Namely Vigilante set on a sentinel gun. Easy to set it up to live long enough, get to enjoy a 20 to 25% crit chance on any primary to rank up a critical hit tier. Which is fantastico, when you have Hammer shot and/or Vital Sense on a gun like Rubico prime and about to combo counter bust a limb, which even the Goatman can do Chroma`s job now since Smite infusion is easy to access, absurdly good long base duration and can even do Trinity & Harrow`s job too, just need them to get rid of volt`s shield interaction and let operators get a ACTUAL damage buff to amps for leveling up the focus schools then this DBZ Madurai Void Strike or clunky Unairu wisp pick up shenigan.

Granted feel free to correct me if D.E. already patched out the vigilante set effect working with sentinel weapons on your primary, cause they don`t want us to have too many nice things. But i would gladly run around with my helminth charger if i got a offensive bench for beasts that let us cram all the precepts, elemental, damage and maybe some particular utility mods to boot, Since i think it would make sense for certain set type mods to go there instead of staying with the original bench.

Edited by Avienas