Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Announcement] New Free Dojo Planner!

AeliosZero

Question

New Dojo Planning tool, including Railjack Hangar, In the works!
jDrVOVE.jpg
Greetings fellow Tenno! Whether you are a Tenno considering founding their own clan and building their own dojo, or you are a veteran Moon-clan Leader wondering how the new railjack hangar will fit in your existing dojo, or anything in between, I believe you will find this tool useful.
For a while now I have been developing a new dojo planner. I want to make one that address the issues that exist with the dojo planners currently out there, namely that they are:
  • Out of date,
  • Have issues that stop rooms being properly aligned,
  • Are a little clunky to use,
  • Let the user produce designs that don't actually work in Warframe.

On top of making a program that is simple to use, I really want to make sure that the dojos people design can actually be built in-game, so that they don't have to spend weeks building out their dream dojo, only to have to spend more weeks tearing it all down because of some unforeseeable issue the game had with their room placement. I've gone through this and I want to save others from having to go through what I have. 

Here's a List of some features I have implemented/plan to implement:
  • User-friendly experience when using the app
  • Allow user to quickly prototype different layouts and ideas
  • Show visible Room Bounds to indicate whether a room will actually fit (Visible in red while in build mode)
  • Grid snapping to ensure all rooms line up how they should
  • Node snapping to speed up design process
  • Show warnings when a room:
    • Intersects another room, including ones the user thinks should fit in the space
    • Can't be placed due to Pre-requisites
    • Is impossible to make due to energy/capacity (i.e: Running out of energy before building the rooms you need to place in order to place more reactors)
    • Hits the 100 room cap
    • Intersects a room above/below the one the user is trying to place

I want to give a big-shout out to @Buff00n for all his help tediously figuring out the collisions of each room and making the room graphics and recording the UI Sounds used in this project. This tool wouldn't be nearly as good as it is right now if it wasn't for his hard work! 

I don't have a solid release date yet but it is nearly complete and could take anywhere between a few days to a month depending on unforeseen issues and user interest.

This tool will be free, in order to keep this tool accessible to as many people as possible, however if you wanted to show your support through donations or in-game plat/items I would be tremendously grateful for it! Even just mentioning this to people who you think would find this handy would be very helpful to me! I want to get this tool in the hands of the people who need it most so mentioning it to others would be a huge boost! If you would like to help me by play-testing an early version, or offering your opinion on design decisions, hit me up with a DM!

1.1 Progress Log (Will be updated live):

Here's some changes I have completed / plan to implement for the next release (1.1.0). Completed | In-progress | To Complete |

• Much Greater Zoom Distance
  • Swapped camera over to a true Orthographic view (as opposed to a far away perspective, which broke when zooming out any further than the current limit)
    • The Zooming and panning system also had to be redone from scratch and will behave differently because of this . 
  • A few remapped controls. Made left-clicking on empty space function as panning (doesn't work in construction or while hovering over a piece to avoid conflicts) middle click to pan also always pans as an extra redundant control. I might make it right-click at some point but a lot of things rely on right click right now and it could get messy.
  • Added a [X] button in the top right corner. I'd ideally like a confirmation prompt before closing but this takes a lot of effort (I have to make UI from scratch) and I don't have the patience for it right now. If this feels pointless or causes problems let me know.
  • Capacity and Energy now turn red when negative as a better visual indicator. 
  • Rearranged UI elements into what I think is a more sensible layout. Might put Dojo stats back on top if I add a bunch of other tools at the bottom.
  • Redesigning Grid texture out of a sine wave rather than a texture for better scaling, performance and to slightly reduce precious file-size. Currently dealing with a major flickering issue at larger distances.  I give up on this because its too difficult to implement.
  • Adding a 'build last placed' button that will allow you to rebuild the last piece you used 
  • Some more optimisations and file culling to reduce filesize (It's big because I'm using unreal engine 4 to make this and I know I could have used something simpler but tbh I understand UE4 the best. If I tried making this using some other method, the learning curve would probably prevent me from making anything at all). This just takes time because if I remove the wrong thing, everything breaks. 
  • Currently fixing the Oracle and Tenno labs. They had odd numbered lengths and therefore were centering at the wrong point. A simple offset value should fix it IT IS NOT THIS SIMPLE TO FIX! STUPID CODE!
  • Multiple floor support with overlays for the floor above and below it. Some buttons to travel between available floors. I'll need to make the elevator down spawn an elevator up room below it and vice versa which will help avoid complications. I'll also need to create a variable for each room object to record its 'height'  and have them load and unload when the user changes floors; some complicated stuff here but this would be a really neat feature that I haven't seen in any other dojo editor. This also paves the way for making collision checks between multiple stories which would be invaluable for dojo planning.
  • Upgrade load menu to a list format of some kind. Ideally this would be a filetype you can save/load with windows explorer like most programs but I haven't learnt how to do this yet.
  • Block Keyboard input while in Save/Load Menu
  • Make Load delete all rooms before loading I tried doing this already but it failed horribly. 
  • Add in Toggle snap function and hopefully figure out the cause of the mysterious snapping issues which have evaded me so far. 
  • Fix the issues with moving objects and make the code compatible with the place object code (Things broke when trying to use the placement code for moving things, so currently the move code is a stripped back version of the placement code) 
  • Text Tool to place text 'objects' in the world. I'll add other useful inserts like colour and stuff in a future update.
Edited by AeliosZero
  • Like 25

1 minute ago, GrandLompus said:

That used to be my opinion on my solo dojo as well.  I also had an empty spot I build the XP gaining rooms on, destroying them again when built.  That is, up until a month ago, when I got tired of my ugly af dojo, and I started redesigning.  So there could still be hope for you left 🙂  Now I have every xp-giving room there is built, and that gained me some extra XP, cause my clan now leveled up (nice stash of endo) -- must have skipped one or two room types...

nice, but i am a lost hope i think, i rarely if ever go to the dojo, so i can leave it barren and spartan looking, no idea how some people can manage those varied looking dojos given the cumbersome placement system we have, thats a lot of patience imho..

On 2019-08-29 at 2:37 AM, Methanoid said:

nice, but i am a lost hope i think, i rarely if ever go to the dojo, so i can leave it barren and spartan looking, no idea how some people can manage those varied looking dojos given the cumbersome placement system we have, thats a lot of patience imho..

It is annoying but there are workarounds and stuff to make it much easier. I'm considering making a youtube series dedicated to dojo building tips and tricks since that is practically non existent at the moment. Ultimately I'd love DE to just fix all the S#&$ that makes dojo decorating so difficult and tedious in the first place but it might just be a catch-22 where not enough people use it to justify developing it but due to the lack of development, nobody wants to use it. Maybe some more info out there could get enough people playing to get DE's attention. We'll just have to see.

Planning to release an Alpha of the dojo app (hopefully within the next day) for people to download if they are interested. I'll try and fix as many little or major issues the program has as possible but it will have some features missing that I plan to add in eventually. If there are some silly things that happen or feel a little bit work-aroundey its probably due to a lack of time haha. Never-the-less I'll be interested in any feedback people have to offer!

My next post here will almost definitely be a download link (Thinking of hosting it on itch.io) to the alpha so stay tuned!

Edited by AeliosZero

I wanted to have this app packaged and uploaded by Saturday but I've run into a few major issues. Until I can get some success on that front I hope this video gives you an idea of what it's like using the tool. Still an Alpha but open to any critiques and suggestions on improvements!

I've managed to sneak in a quick look, and it looks really nice!  It at least is a step upwards compared to the other alternatives.

There are however a few things I spotted:

• You seem to be using the same controls as the Stom66 on-line editor.  Was this intentional?  It might just be me, but I found those controls highly unintuitive...  In their case it was probably needed because they can only use what the browser allows them, but e.g. I associate right click much more with panning than deleting, and as such deleted quite a lot of rooms unintentionally by now 🙂  If you want to change the controls, this is the time, now that the app is still not final and hasn't seen much use by people.
  • When in the loading screen it seems you need to remember the name of the layout you saved; a dropdown with available names would be a step up.
  • The loading screen is not truly "modal", as in: it is possible to click right through the inactive parts of the "load" dialog and move a room that way.
  • The part auto-rotation sometimes doesn't seem to kick in; I haven't been able to get a grip on why/how/when this happens though.
  • The Tenno lab seems to want to snap with a small gap to whatever it is snapping on to.
  • And (now we're really getting into the nit-picking details): zooming out keeps the center in the center, while zooming in moves the center.  Making the behavior the same might make it more intuitive?  You can spot this by putting the mouse somewhere off-center and quickly moving in/out/in/out; it causes an effective panning.

And a feature suggestion:

• The ability to select multiple rooms at the same time so they can be moved/rotated in unison would be very nice when altering the design of large dojos.  Then again I can imagine this not being an easy addition, depending on the underlying app framework you use...

But even with the above notes, this is already a good step forward wrt the alternatives, so a big thank you!  Though I fear I'm not going to be involved much with your app, since I won't put much effort in my dojo (it's a solo clan, so why bother) and I redesigned it already a month ago out of boredom.  If only I waited a bit longer...

I really like it so far, only had little time to check it out so far, will take a closer look on the weekend.

My Feedback so far:

• Snapping isn't working well at the moment, at one point it kinda broke completely and didn't come back.
  • Some restrictions seem wrong, the planner says you can only have 1 obstacle course architect at once, which is wrong.
  • Placing many of the same room is kinda annoying right now, I'd propose one or both of those feature
    • Make the categories toggle able, so if you're just placing corridors you don't have to click on corridors and then the one you want
    • Add a hotkey to get the last room you placed
  • I really like the rest of the controls though.
  • It would be awesome if Textobjects could be implemented, so we could name certain rooms.

All in all thank you!

Hey Guys! Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it!

Here's some changes I have completed / plan to implement for the next release (1.1.0). Completed | In-progress | To Complete |

• Much Greater Zoom Distance
  • Swapped camera over to a true Orthographic view (as opposed to a far away perspective, which broke when zooming out any further than the current limit)
    • The Zooming and panning system also had to be redone from scratch and will behave differently because of this . 
  • A few remapped controls. Made left-clicking on empty space function as panning (doesn't work in construction or while hovering over a piece to avoid conflicts) middle click to pan also always pans as an extra redundant control. I might make it right-click at some point but a lot of things rely on right click right now and it could get messy.
  • Added a [X] button in the top right corner. I'd ideally like a confirmation prompt before closing but this takes a lot of effort (I have to make UI from scratch) and I don't have the patience for it right now. If this feels pointless or causes problems let me know.
  • Capacity and Energy now turn red when negative as a better visual indicator. 
  • Rearranged UI elements into what I think is a more sensible layout. Might put Dojo stats back on top if I add a bunch of other tools at the bottom.
  • Redesigning Grid texture out of a sine wave rather than a texture for better scaling, performance and to slightly reduce precious file-size. Currently dealing with a major flickering issue at larger distances.
  • Adding a 'build last placed' button that will allow you to rebuild the last piece you used 
  • Some more optimisations and file culling to reduce filesize (It's big because I'm using unreal engine 4 to make this and I know I could have used something simpler but tbh I understand UE4 the best. If I tried making this using some other method, the learning curve would probably prevent me from making anything at all). This just takes time because if I remove the wrong thing, everything breaks. 
  • Currently fixing the Oracle and Tenno labs. They had odd numbered lengths and therefore were centering at the wrong point. A simple offset value should fix it IT IS NOT THIS SIMPLE TO FIX! STUPID CODE!
  • Multiple floor support with overlays for the floor above and below it. Some buttons to travel between available floors. I'll need to make the elevator down spawn an elevator up room below it and vice versa which will help avoid complications. I'll also need to create a variable for each room object to record its 'height'  and have them load and unload when the user changes floors; some complicated stuff here but this would be a really neat feature that I haven't seen in any other dojo editor. This also paves the way for making collision checks between multiple stories which would be invaluable for dojo planning.
  • Upgrade load menu to a list format of some kind. Ideally this would be a filetype you can save/load with windows explorer like most programs but I haven't learnt how to do this yet.
  • Block Keyboard input while in Save/Load Menu
  • Make Load delete all rooms before loading I tried doing this already but it failed horribly. 
  • Add in Toggle snap function and hopefully figure out the cause of the mysterious snapping issues which have evaded me so far. 
  • Fix the issues with moving objects and make the code compatible with the place object code (Things broke when trying to use the placement code for moving things, so currently the move code is a stripped back version of the placement code) 
  • Text Tool to place text 'objects' in the world. I'll add other useful inserts like colour and stuff in a future update.

Lots more to add for future updates including a website run version, 3D view, hints and tips section, advanced collision, on top of other things such as bug/issue fixes and feedback implementation,  but I;m going to focus on the above right now so I can release this as soon as possible. I plan on editing this post every now and then so you can see my progress. 

Keep in mind what actually appears in the update may be different from the list above if things are easier/harder than expected to implement but the stuff in green text is almost guaranteed since its already completed. Its a time vs improvements tradeoff. I hope this post gives you some insight on what I am doing behind the scenes and what I'm thinking while working on it.

Making this app is a great way for me to get better at understanding how to design good user experience (UX) in software, and this will benefit me for my future projects. Thanks again for all your feedback it helps a lot in reaching this personal goal!

Questions I have for you: 

• Is left-click to pan fine or would you prefer right-click to pan? 
  • If I were to change the hotkey of the Delete button, would you prefer to have no hotkey and instead have a clickable button which activated a 'bulldoze' mode?
  • Does anybody know if the elevator counts as one room or two rooms? 
  • Would you prefer to have the app open in a windowed mode or is full-screen fine? Implementing windowed mode functionality has been surprisingly convoluted. 
  • Should I stop staying up to 11:58am 12:37pm to work on this? The lack of sleep probably hurts my productivity but so do all the distractions that always happen throughout the day. Do I even understand the concept of sleep? I think I forgot what sleep is. 
  • Should I make a central place like a Facebook page, a forum post (Is this forum post fine?), or a discord server to post updates on the app? Would enough people be interested in that for it to be worth it? 
  • Did you find this post interesting or was it all a bit TL;DR? Is this sort of post a waste of time or if its something people would be interested in following? I'd love to know what you think about it! 

Edited by AeliosZero

Great stuff, you're really going far on this!

2 hours ago, AeliosZero said:

I plan on editing this post every now and then so you can see my progress. 

You should add this to and/or update the original post.  That way it's visible no matter what page of this thread someone's looking at.

It's one room and one set of resources, you build it once and it exists on both floors.

Do I even understand the concept of sleep? I think I forgot what sleep is. 

As we used to say during my start-up days, "Sleep is for the weak".  Of course, that company crashed and burned so maybe we should have slept more.

Should I make a central place like a Facebook page, a forum post (Is this forum post fine?), or a discord server to post updates on the app? Would enough people be interested in that for it to be worth it? 

Plenty of other projects have "homes" here in Forum posts, but I suspect many of them run parallel homes on other platforms as well.  At this point I think you just should do whatever is easiest for you.

• Did you find this post interesting or was it all a bit TL;DR? Is this sort of post a waste of time or if its something people would be interested in following? I'd love to know what you think about it! 

Not only do posts like this keep interested people in the loop, but I find that writing down a plan helps keep myself organized and occasionally makes me think of things I wouldn't have otherwise.  As a developer you should be doing this even if you don't post it publicly; it's good practice for dealing with pointy-haired bosses in the real world.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AeliosZero said:

Should I make a central place like a Facebook page, a forum post (Is this forum post fine?), or a discord server to post updates on the app? Would enough people be interested in that for it to be worth it?

8 hours ago, Buff00n said:

You should add this to and/or update the original post.  That way it's visible no matter what page of this thread someone's looking at.

Plenty of other projects have "homes" here in Forum posts, but I suspect many of them run parallel homes on other platforms as well.  At this point I think you just should do whatever is easiest for you.

In the beginning I made a post about my Warframe Stuff Organizer site, but didn't get much response from it and the post dropped like a brick in the listing.  So while it's nice to have a home in the forums, it's no guarantee it'll give you much feedback after a while.  Then again this post is placed in the "Popular 5" section at the top of the forum for me.  And looking at my weblog stats, there are now still people coming to my site from posts I made 2 years ago mentioning my site, so those old posts still get read to some extent.

There used to be a sticky post in either Players Helping Players or General titled something like "Player Guides, Tips, Apps, & Useful Websites", run by DE Danielle.  It listed some of the community sites like IIRC Warframe.market, a kavat breeding guide, etc.  I've tried to get my site listed in there as well, but never got a response, and now that post is also gone.

Something like that should really be useful, or maybe even a (sub)forum for 3rd party sites/apps/guides etc.  Then again that is something for DE to decide, so I'll crawl back under my rock now 🙂

Edited by GrandLompus

10 hours ago, AeliosZero said:

Questions I have for you: 

• If I were to change the hotkey of the Delete button, would you prefer to have no hotkey and instead have a clickable button which activated a 'bulldoze' mode?
  • Would you prefer to have the app open in a windowed mode or is full-screen fine? Implementing windowed mode functionality has been surprisingly convoluted. 
  • Should I stop staying up to 11:58am 12:37pm to work on this? The lack of sleep probably hurts my productivity but so do all the distractions that always happen throughout the day. Do I even understand the concept of sleep? I think I forgot what sleep is. 

Left click to pan would be counter intuitive for me; I think keeping left click for selecting things is better.  Then again I might just have been exposed to an unrepresentative set of tools using this convention; I don't know.

A hotkey for deletion is IMO only needed if it is a logical, frequent action users need to make.  So if you suspect people are going to destroy rooms often, then a hotkey is appropriate.  You could also use the "Delete" key to delete rooms; (multi-)select them first with a left mouse click, then press "Delete" to delete (and "R" to rotate, etc.).  Would that work?

Full-screen is fine for me.  As long as it's going to be a Windows app, people are either going to use it separately from Warframe, in which case it doesn't matter, or in parallel with Warframe, but then Warframe is full screen anyway, so it wouldn't matter as well.  And if they place it on a 2nd monitor, then it's the same situation as if Warframe was not started either.  So if windowed is giving you headaches right now, I wouldn't waste too much time on it.

Then there's the hours... I can sympathize 🙂  I've also often went on for too long, then again if it's a favorite hobby project, it's worth it.  Just don't get burned out on it -- sleep is important there to keep you going in the end.

And I think the TD;LR is not a problem right now.  In this phase I think you'll mostly be interacting with power users / early adopters anyway, and they will actually favor these posts I think.  Once your app is more stable and mature, shorter change logs are more appropriate.  Whether it's a waste of time I don't know; just hang on I'd say and see if there's enough of an audience in the end to make it worthwhile.  Then again you could also see it as an opportunity to grow, and communicating with end users is also a skill worth gaining XP in 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Looks good!

The "Pay" choice that comes right up your face, maybe really off-putting to some people and I strongly advise you move that somewhere else, if all possible.

... which is something else worth thinking about.  I know you're doing it more as a hobby project, so you're not in it for the $$$, but some compensation here and there is always a nice incentive to continue these projects.

The problem is however that Warframe can be an entirely free-to-play game, and I think a large portion of the players treat it that way, never spending anything on it.  How willing would people thus be in donating some spare change to projects like this?  If AeliosZero wants to make a website version of this app one day, he'll get to face domain and hosting costs, and then it shifts from a fun hobby project to something actually costing him money.

I saw warframe.market has a Patreon campaign, and they seem to have a nice donation pool going on ($656 per month from 329 patreons).  Then again they'll probably also have non-negligible hosting costs, plus that they have to invest more time in it to keep up with the game (content wise; new relics and prime content needs to correctly be entered in their database).  And they fulfill a thing that a sizeable portion of the player base finds useful.  It also helps that players might see warframe.market as the thing allowing them to make 'money', so they will be in a better mood to donate.

So: does anyone have any experience 'monetizing' 3rd party content to Warframe players?  Again: I'm not talking about getting-rich-fast, but something to at least cover any hosting costs or such.

I've also set up a Patreon campaign for my Warframe Stuff Organizer site, and after 1 year I now have 1 patreon for $1 per month; not much, but I really love that guy for it 🙂  Don't let that discourage you though; I've really taken on a very niche thing here, so in my case this was to be expected.

Sorry to hijack you post here a bit with this, AeliosZero 🙂

On 2019-09-08 at 3:05 PM, Buff00n said:

It's one room and one set of resources, you build it once and it exists on both floors.

Thanks for letting me know @Buff00n!

On 2019-09-08 at 3:05 PM, Buff00n said:

Not only do posts like this keep interested people in the loop, but I find that writing down a plan helps keep myself organized and occasionally makes me think of things I wouldn't have otherwise.  As a developer you should be doing this even if you don't post it publicly; it's good practice for dealing with pointy-haired bosses in the real world.

Fair point and I do find it helpful in order to stay on track. I often tell my partner about ideas I have and what I am doing and I find this helps me process all the thoughts in my head. Writing it down has it's own advantages for sure though and I appreciate you mentioning that it is good practice to do this.

On 2019-09-08 at 11:27 PM, GrandLompus said:

Left click to pan would be counter intuitive for me; I think keeping left click for selecting things is better.  Then again I might just have been exposed to an unrepresentative set of tools using this convention; I don't know.

It would be great if everything that involved placing objects/design/construction was standardised but unfortunately it makes it hard to pick something everybody can get on board with. I'll work on moving it over to right click (simply moving a key isn't always as simple as it seems) since it would be more intuitive for people to use than left click. Since middle click + drag won't be doing anything I may as well leave the key binding on it too just for those who like that alternative.

On 2019-09-08 at 11:27 PM, GrandLompus said:

A hotkey for deletion is IMO only needed if it is a logical, frequent action users need to make.  So if you suspect people are going to destroy rooms often, then a hotkey is appropriate.  You could also use the "Delete" key to delete rooms; (multi-)select them first with a left mouse click, then press "Delete" to delete (and "R" to rotate, etc.).  Would that work?

I'll add a toggle able delete button (I'll need to make it obvious one is in delete mode too!) on top of keybinds to 'backspace' and 'Delete'.

Drag selecting is actually quite complicated to set up for me. it would involve making a check to avoid accidental triggers from every other function that relies on click (clicking buttons, placing buildings, moving buildings, etc), setting the initial mouse position in the world on mouse down, getting the current mouse position and using this data to construct a plane object who's length and width changes based on those values every frame while also doing a call to every dojo in the room and seeing which ones are overlapping the plane that's being drawn and adding all these rooms that are overlapping into an array. To move all these rooms at once they would have to initially record their current position/rotation etc relative to the mouse and record that data to another array storing transform data of each selected object and updating that position/rotation according to the mouse position. I would also need to make sure that when an object rotates, it rotates around the mouse and not around its own axis. I'm not really sure how to do this since I would need to figure out some equation that lets me offset the location to the new position while still offsetting the room from the mouse from its initial offset variable. All of this would have to be run through a forloop for each object in the array (being selected) every tick (frame). Yeah... its complicated to say the least and that's assuming everything works according to plan and I haven't forgotten any other important conditions. (I'm writing this in-depth so I can refer to it if I decide to go through with it and add multi-select functionality.)

On 2019-09-08 at 11:41 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Looks good!

The "Pay" choice that comes right up your face, maybe really off-putting to some people and I strongly advise you move that somewhere else, if all possible.

I didn't intend for it to seem forceful so I might remove the pay button there and just keep the donate button in-app. Had someone else mention this as an issue so i'll address it for those who find it off-putting. 

Another thing I never mentioned but wanted to ask about. How is the presentation of the controls in app? I'm referring to the text in the bottom right corner which has the controls. Is that a good way to present them or does it get too obtrusive? Do you like that the text constantly changes to mention which controls are currently possible (as opposed to a static window mentioning all controls at once or a popup window like stom66's dojo editor). Thanks for following along guys! Its helping me stay motivated to work on this!

Edited by AeliosZero

On 2019-09-05 at 3:20 AM, Vethalon said:

Great, can't wait to get home and try it, my work pc is sadly a mac 😕

I use a Mac as well, and while I'm going to use Windows 10 via Parallels to run this program, you might be able to use Wine in order to run it. If I have time, I'll test it out to see if it works and I'll let you know if I was successful.

Edited by (NSW)MasterJ93

On 2019-09-08 at 4:37 AM, AeliosZero said:
  •  

I'd say left is more intuative, but I'm actually fine with middle mousebutton.

Might be a nice addition, but I would really like to keep a quick delete button (also actually like it beeing right-click^^)

Sorry, no clue, but I'd guess one.

It's ok, but I'd prefer a windowed option.

Definitely take it slow man, sleep is important XD

• Should I make a central place like a Facebook page, a forum post (Is this forum post fine?), or a discord server to post updates on the app? Would enough people be interested in that for it to be worth it? 

I think this post is fine for now, not sure if it has enough traction yet for a discord to make sense, but hopefully in the future^^

Maybe if you are a bit further along, you could contact some content-creators, not sure if they'd be interested in mentioning it, but it can't hurt to try^^

As long as posts are informative and as nicely formated as yours was, long ones are fine^^

18 hours ago, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

I use a Mac as well, and while I'm going to use Windows 10 via Parallels to run this program, you might be able to use Wine in order to run it. If I have time, I'll test it out to see if it works and I'll let you know if I was successful.

Nah man, don't worry, I don't really want to run it at work anyway XD

On 2019-09-08 at 8:55 PM, GrandLompus said:

Warframe Stuff Organizer site

That looks really cool actually, sadly I don't think I'm the target audience though, as I pretty much have everything... Would be awesome if we could somehow link our account to that^^

Edited by Vethalon

On 2019-09-10 at 9:40 PM, Vethalon said:

That looks really cool actually, sadly I don't think I'm the target audience though, as I pretty much have everything... Would be awesome if we could somehow link our account to that^^

It would be sooo sweet if that would be possible. but don't get your hopes up on account linking...  I have contacted DE about this a few times, and their policy is very clear: they do have an external API for querying one's inventory, but only their own Nexus app is allowed to use it.  And while they give no reason for it, I can totally understand it; in order for my site to use it, my site would have to collect the actual Warframe login credentials of my users.  If I were DE I would be very hesitant about 3rd party sites storing things like this too 🙂  An alternative could be that they introduce user-manageable 3rd party API keys or such, but there's probably not much incentive for them to burn development resources on that.  Unless the 3rd party ecosystem gets a lot more sizable maybe, so I'd say: AeliosZero, make that Dojo Planner a smashing hit 🙂