Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scythe Skins Please.

• 2 weeks later...

I assume you are speaking of the two handed scythe correct? I think that's literally just an animation set. One could make any heavy sword become a scythe, in theory.

I suppose all we have to do is make one.
What I'd really like to know is if the "scythe" idle animation will be used for heavy sword scythe skins automatically, and by automatically I mean whom ever validates and ups the model to the game will actually consider that.

If the answer is yes I'd probably make a scythe skin to go with my Wisp skin.

1 minute ago, Brynhilden said:

I assume you are speaking of the two handed scythe correct? I think that's literally just an animation set. One could make any heavy sword become a scythe, in theory.

I suppose all we have to do is make one.
What I'd really like to know is if the "scythe" idle animation will be used for heavy sword scythe skins automatically, and by automatically I mean whom ever validates and ups the model to the game will actually consider that.

If the answer is yes I'd probably make a scythe skin to go with my Wisp skin.

Well, yes they meant the Scythe weapon class, but at the same time they are referring how you can't make a weapon skin for them.

I'd recommend not trying to make one because of the fact that they don't accept them just yet, since changes might need to be made with one that's already finished when they do release the files for Scythes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

Well, yes they meant the Scythe weapon class, but at the same time they are referring how you can't make a weapon skin for them.

I'd recommend not trying to make one because of the fact that they don't accept them just yet, since changes might need to be made with one that's already finished when they do release the files for Scythes.

Well that's true. Still fun to make some random stuff for practice. Provided one respects the polycount on the traditional heavy swords practice is always welcome.

Anyways. Hope they do release those because they are literally heavy swords with a different idle/moving animation set. Now if the two handed scythes got a set of unique melee stances that would truly be awesome.

54 minutes ago, Brynhilden said:

Well that's true. Still fun to make some random stuff for practice. Provided one respects the polycount on the traditional heavy swords practice is always welcome.

Anyways. Hope they do release those because they are literally heavy swords with a different idle/moving animation set. Now if the two handed scythes got a set of unique melee stances that would truly be awesome.

Not sure what you're talking about "2 Handed Scythes", the only Scythes I am familiar with is the ones that are named such within the game, such as Hate, Anku, Ether Reaper, Reaper Prime and Caustacyst. Unless you're talking about a completely new weapon category, then that's an entirely different discussion that's outside of TennoGen. I recall DE planning on integrating the Scythe class into Heavy Blades, but as far as I know that hasn't happened yet.