Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats With Steel Fiber?

Hellion74

ok since the new update the arsenal has changed and now you can see your warframes armor. however unlike everything else the armor doesn't increase or decrease when i put on mods or helmets that affect it(AKA: steel fiber). other stats like for health and shield and for weapons get affected by the mods you have equipped which you can see. is this a glitch or does steel fiber not do anything? also why is there steel fiber for sentinels when none of them have armor? i hope this is a glitch that will soon be fixed. though i am not sure, since everything else goes up but not armor i can only assume this means the armor is actually not being increased at all. so please fix it soon. High armor is good to have as proven by the overpowered faction that is grineer. unlike the other factions their armor makes them survive most warframe's 4th specials that don't have definite damage numbers(let alone non 4th specials).

PS: OK I know armor is important but im curious does it only affect health? some people tell me it effects shield but when i shoot enemies the damage i do to their shield is different to what i do to their health. is this only apparent to the frames? i cannot tell since i don't know the exact damage i get to shield in comparison to health. so i want to know does it also effect your warframe's shield?

Armor is only applied to Health, both for enemies and Tenno. Shields take full damage from shots but cannot be critted against for both sides.

Honestly Steel Fiber on Warframes isn't really worth it, because

Even for the Rhino and Frost, who have the highest base armor in the game, the effective hit point increase for 4 mod points is 15%, while the same number of points with vitality gives a straight 120% HP increase. - Warframe Wiki

I think you issue might just be a display bug.

Edited by Psychosist

Armor is only applied to Health, both for enemies and Tenno. Shields take full damage from shots but cannot be critted against for both sides.

Honestly Steel Fiber on Warframes isn't really worth it, because

Even for the Rhino and Frost, who have the highest base armor in the game, the effective hit point increase for 4 mod points is 15%, while the same number of points with vitality gives a straight 120% HP increase. - Warframe Wiki[/size]

I think you issue might just be a display bug.

Right after U9 launched, there was a bug that got patched out. That bug made it so armor affected shields as well and actually made Frost users sporting maxed Steel Fiber and Aurora Helmets extremely tanky. Rhino was able to last much longer if Iron Skin was down in high level planets.

That's all DE had to do, was leave that bug in as an ascended glitch (new feature loved by all) and hey, Steel Fiber might have been useful. Instead now it's useless. May as well use Vitality + Redirection + Fast Deflection.