Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Echoes of Umbra" feedback

Pyrewyn

The most pointless thing they've added to the game in quite a while. That this is their idea of further "incentivizing" those modes shows just how stubborn and stingy DE is with rewards. I've honestly never seen anything like it. Like what's so hard about including unique cosmetics (I'm thinking armor sets, though I'm always down for new "body" ephemera), new forma varieties (exilus plox), unique weapon BPs, or unique arcanes (maybe like "corrupted" variants, or something) into endless rotations -- even if they come very late and at super low drop rates?

• Like 4

On 2019-08-23 at 10:51 AM, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Question then: if you Umbra all 42 frames, then what's the point in going back to play Disruption?

People asked for a reason to go back and play Disruption (really any gamemode can fit here). Making it a permanent feature defeats that purpose. That's why they won't do it.

On 2019-08-23 at 10:55 AM, GnarlsDarkley said:

100 times this.

There will always be more Warframes..no?

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

Il y a 3 heures, NoLazyShadow a dit :

You forgot to mention that Umbra would need some kind of compensation for that. DE just took away his passive - one of the few things that make him unique - and alows you to slap it on any frame with grand wall behind it. DE, your idea is dissapointing and Umbra needs some love

Well, considering i'll be able to get my excalibur prime out again without feeling like i'm missing something is kinda cool. 

I'm constantly switching warframes depending on what I'm doing and it's clealy set to be used on a single warframe at a time... That's not such a great thing...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

And if you don't use Operator much this is wasted in all scenarios

I will have to see how a frame like Ivara behaves with the Umbra treatment first before I can decide if it's a good thing or not.  I mean this in a stealth sense. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

So you'll go back every 4-5 months, farm that 2% drop chance on rotation C for a week, and then not touch it again until the next frame?

Yeah. It's either that or every 24 hours..not to mention crafting time.

I'd farm an echo for all my prime frames. If the echo was permanent, that is. 

As of now because the echo is for only 24 hours, might as well not play the new mode and stick with Spectres (who actually use thier powers). 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Yeah. It's either that or every 24 hours..

I'd from an echo for all my prime frames. If the echo was permanent that is.

As of now because the echo is for only 24 hours, might as well not play the new mode and stick with Spectres (who actually use thier powers). 

From DE's perspective what makes more sense: continuously play Disruption like people have been asking, or play for 3hrs every time a new frame comes out?

The community asked for a reason to go back and play Disruption. This is how they're doing it. Making the echo permanent goes against that idea.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Making the echo permanent goes against that idea.

I disagree. Warframes are not finite. And with 42 Warframes (soon) and more coming out at least every 3 months, making the echo permanent and/or optional to the Warframe you use it on, makes the echo worth the effort/grind. And still keeps players going back to visit the mode. 

As of now there is no reason to use the "echo frame" over a Spectre. So no reason to do the mode for the echo at all. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

I disagree. Warframes are not finite. And with 42 Warframes (soon) and more coming out at least every 3 months, making the echo permanent and/or optional to the Warframe you use it on, makes the echo worth the effort/grind. And still keeps players going back to visit the mode. 

As of now there is no reason to use the echo frame over a Spectre. 

There's no reason to use EITHER, the AI is poop regardless, but that's an entirely different topic.

Let's go a different route, how likely are people to permanently echo all 42 frames?

It should be permanent, otherwise why not just use specters?  You can have multiple loadouts, they will use abilities and don't require you to be in operator form.  Without the Umbral Echoes being proper upgrades then even fewer people will bother with it at all.  At least with permanence you get a significant period of activity when everyone is trying to get every Warframe upgraded and batches of activity whenever a new Warframe is released.  A day of having your Warframe turn into a lesser specter is not a reason to keep going back, it's a reason to never go there at all.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Let's go a different route, how likely are people to permanently echo all 42 frames?

I can only speak for myself.

I would farm one for all 18 of my prime frames for sure. (With crafting time/resources and RNG being critical) that would probably take a long while. Also like I said a new prime comes out every 3 months.  So I'd do those too. 

Suggestion:
Make a 3 tiers item with the Echos of Umbra :
1st tiers "Echos of Umbra" - last 24h
2nd tiers "Memory of Umbra" - last 7 days
3rd tiers "Warframe's Awakening" - stay permanent

In the 3rd tiers, the Helminth Room will allow to turn On/Off whenever you want.

1st tiers: need " 1x Lua/Kuva Fortress part ";
2nd tiers: needs " 5x Echoes ";
3rd tiers: needs " 5x
Memories ".

Like this, you will have to grind a bit for each warframe you want to awake.

And it's weird that they couldn't use abilities, but I guess that's because they are using Excalibur Umbra's bot - the abilities would then appear later, as some upgrades in one/multiple futur patch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

It should be permanent, otherwise why not just use specters?  You can have multiple loadouts, they will use abilities and don't require you to be in operator form.  Without the Umbral Echoes being proper upgrades then even fewer people will bother with it at all.  At least with permanence you get a significant period of activity when everyone is trying to get every Warframe upgraded and batches of activity whenever a new Warframe is released.  A day of having your Warframe turn into a lesser specter is not a reason to keep going back, it's a reason to never go there at all.

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

I can only speak for myself.

I would farm one for all 18 of my prime frames for sure. (With crafting time/resources and RNG being critical) that would probably take a long while. Also like I said a new prime comes out every 3 months.  So I'd do those too. 

Alright, so after you craft the first 18, then what? Wait until the next one comes out and farm another echo, or stockpile echos for a while and then stop playing the gamemode?

Relax it's probably rotation c with a 1.01% chance to drop and they cannot be traded. No doubt it will take 10 vitus essence, 500 hexanon, 20 gallium, and 20 nitain extract just to build one. You don't even want to know about the residual side effects for the frame you put one on, and you thought the man in the wall was creepy. 🤪

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Alright, so after you craft the first 18, then what? Wait until the next one comes out and farm another echo, or stockpile echos for a while and then stop playing the gamemode?

If the new game modes best reward is a 24 hour Spectre, aquired through RNG, resources and crafting time that only uses your modded weapons there is no point in playing the game mode at all. We already have craftable Spectres AI, and I don't have to leave my frame to use it. 

I understand that they want to incentivize us to play the new game mode so that we’re coming back for the reward constantly, but having it for 24 hours is just... not worth it. Either it will be a permanent thing or I’m probably never gonna farm for them since Specters already a thing to begin with, but that’s just me.

I’d much rather have it be a permanent thing and if they want to incentivize us to keep coming back they could give another unique reward that also incentivizes us as well, wishful thinking though.

17 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

My thoughts exactly.  Most people will think like this after the novelty wears off on thier first day.  

It has to be an upgrade, not a rented feature!  1 day of my Nova following around my twerp has no interest at all for me.  

I would though do it if permanent, at least every once in awhile.  

There is enough in the game to do without worrying about disruption.  

Ok so watching the primetime I gathered this.

1. It’s like a BP and parts scattered between the new disruption nodes.

2. It only lasts 24 hours

3. It’s just a worse specter.

Lorewise this is neat but ultimately useless. And I see no incentive to continuously farm these. This is honestly more dissapointing than the aura forma.

• Like 2

definitely not permanent... what if i want to turn it off?  do i have to reforma a whole new prime vaulted set?  no thanks.

frankly i'm fairly certain this is a feature i will avoid because i usually don't want my frame running around doing anything while i'm in operator mode.  if i did want that, (like say for lazy index) then i'd just grab excal, but even then, i don't enjoy that so I"m not really sure this feature is meant for me at all...

i do think 24 hours is a bit of a waste though... mainly because there are more and more game modes now, meaning there is more and more daily stuff to grind...

we have:

syndicates

sorties

cetus, fortuna, and quills for both rep
invasions
simaris rep
and more and more and more... all stuff that if you want to maximize your proffit needs to be done every day...

and now this?
maybe a week on the timer and here's why:

it works for only 1 frame, most players are casual and only play at most 3 hours a day and that's generous and then you want them to earn a bp on a random drop, and then craft it, so they maybe get a slight damage buff they don't even need for anything since the game's difficulty curve is already a joke that is so old that it ceased to be funny and is just sad at this point...

why?
and for the hardcore folks that are playing 10 hours a day six days a week... why would they want to farm this every single day, for all their frames they would want to use?
like... does this do anything other than what was shown?  is it necessary for upcoming content?  i'm going to use my warframe experience and call that as a hard no.

so what the hell is the point?

this is lunaro all over again.  nobody asked for it, the implementation is thought out poorly and it's going to be relegated to dust unless the powers that be figure out some kind of op combo with it that gets nerfed in the next patch, which is unlikely because while tenno are pretty op, they significatly lack the damage dealing power of their frames unless you build specfically for that at the cost of all of their other utility, and even then, you"re sacrificing your frame abilities tto do it... which is like... why?

by the time you are in content where you really need tto be in your operator, like say 3rd or 4th C rotation (depending on mode) in arbitration, you don't want your frame running around because it will just get itself killed.

this seems like a really shoddy thing that will be trash... but maybe i'm in the dark on this.. who knows, maybe it will be cool, but i have a feeling the shawzin will see more use than this...

Edited by Klokwerkaos

1 hour ago, Antinomial said:

The most pointless thing they've added to the game in quite a while. That this is their idea of further "incentivizing" those modes shows just how stubborn and stingy DE is with rewards. I've honestly never seen anything like it. Like what's so hard about including unique cosmetics (I'm thinking armor sets, though I'm always down for new "body" ephemera), new forma varieties (exilus plox), unique weapon BPs, or unique arcanes (maybe like "corrupted" variants, or something) into endless rotations -- even if they come very late and at super low drop rates?

The problem with cosmetic rewards is that they're a one and done deal, you get it once and you never need it again. 

The only way to keep you playing with these rewards would be to either lock them behind RNG, which can lead to frustration. Unless it's either behind a static grindwall or has a really high reward chance (which current cosmetic drop rates show that would be unlikely) it would be just a mix bag of people who do and don't get them.

Arcanes kinda have a similar issue, except you need 10 or 20 and then no more unless you plan to sell them. Also you can circumvent the grind by buying them. (unless they're untradable)

Forma is a pretty good reward tho, as I suggested in my earlier reply here. Exilus forma would be pretty great, so long as the cost to build it isnt similar to aura forma. Generally speaking unless you're one of those "I have everything in the game (that matters) fully formaed already" people, then this would appeal to you. Provided the drop chance isn't also as bad as aura forma.

But yeah, while it is hard to make enticing rewards people will want to keep coming back to farm for, it's just sad that this is what they came up with. (although there's prob more we don't know about)

Edited by Madway7

On 2019-08-23 at 12:21 PM, Klokwerkaos said:

definitely not permanent... what if i want to turn it off?  do i have to reforma a whole new prime vaulted set?

On 2019-08-23 at 10:34 AM, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

permanent option Meaning, that the Warframe you choose to install the echo in will be able to be "Umbralized" or "DeUmbralized" by visiting the chair.

The only thing permanent is the option to Umbralize/DeUmbralize a frame(s) of your choosing per echo crafted/installed.