Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Echoes of Umbra" feedback

Pyrewyn

3 hours ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

What if we'd make a compromise?
Take aspects of Archgun deployment mechanics and blend them with this echo system?
One Disruption node drops blueprint for this echo to be crafted and added onto any warframe like a forma/exilus adapter, then parts for the blueprint drop on the other node, but also dropping cooldown resets we can farm and stockpile, and on any mission we are in with a warframe that has the echo permanently installed, we can choose to use a 30min echo to activate sentience for warframes like Umbra, but with a 2-4 hour cooldown once it passes, reverting to normal behaviour, timer tracked across missions. The normal gear item is infinite use, but we can also use our farmed cooldown resets if we want to keep using our sentient Warframes past the 30mins.

Too complicated with too many craftings / button presses / timers to keep track of. Warframe is already insanely bloated with systems atop systems atop systems atop systems atop systems, with UI struggling to keep up and veterans having to do most of explaining.

Autonomous Warframes are not game breakers. Player-controller modded Mesa or Saryn are game breakers. There's nothing AI can do, even with abilities on, that players can't do ten times better, more efficient and more devastating. Autonomy in Umbra is a neat bonus that lets your well-invested in gear do some action while you are using your other gear, and see the Warframe you've grown emotionally attached to maybe kick some ass on it's own from a third person perspective.

There are TWO scenarios when I use Archguns - when I absolutely have to in Profit Taker fight and on extremely rare occasions when I want to whip Larkspur around. Otherwise my regular abilities and weapons are already good enough if not better to get the job done.

If Autonomy was an activated system, I would have no reason to activate it. I use Operator mode more than regular players, and I enjoy it more than regular players, and I love my space kid, this is not me harping on "spacekids are bad and noone uses them anyway". But I would have no reason to take extra actions to activate Autonomy when I pop out in a mission because I would be too preoccupied with three other things and any benefits are extremely marginal.

Lets be clear here: Autonomy is a neat flavor bonus. It's a thing that makes you go "neat" when you see your Warframe run around when you are running around too, it's a bonding thing. It has basically no impact on gameplay advantage or balance.

Autonomy should be an unlockable permanent feature as a lore-wise progression of your bond with your second body.

31 minutes ago, lexandritte said:

Too complicated with too many craftings / button presses / timers to keep track of. Warframe is already insanely bloated with systems atop systems atop systems atop systems atop systems, with UI struggling to keep up and veterans having to do most of explaining.

Exactly dood, I think i ranted out D.E. needs to address older systems to smooth them out, gut out the dead organs and either use the space for the removed optional organs and replace the mandatory ones, with much more effective ones to get things flowing better. Because if LESS hassle systems were in place then it can KIND OF give room for expansion again, as long as things are periodically cleaned up. Which especially does not help if the experienced have to explain something as simple as how does one put a forma on a warframe.

Less clutter means less bamboozling on newer or less experienced players minds which lets them focus more on enjoying the game then decide it is too confusing and would rather play stuff like Dauntless. Which despite having Epic Game`s poop stain trademark, with having products lacking CORE important features like a freaking loadout set system page. Is at the very least, Rather easy to setup, Rather Easy to Enjoy even if you can get bored of it fast, but a game that has a short-life span but is easy to play, is usually more enjoyable then having to jump thru alot of tweaks and tunings you have to get thru before you get to enjoy a new shiny weapon, warframe, etc. Plus all the work you can end up going thru just to get it up to standard with the rest of your `norm use weapons.` Warframe itself is a good game, but periodic, clockwork, content drought is basically its middle name these days.

31 minutes ago, lexandritte said:

Lets be clear here: Autonomy is a neat flavor bonus. It's a thing that makes you go "neat" when you see your Warframe run around when you are running around too, it's a bonding thing. It has basically no impact on gameplay advantage or balance.

Autonomy should be an unlockable permanent feature as a lore-wise progression of your bond with your second body.

Have to agree on that, Honestly i forgot when was the last time we had actual expanded features that gave a nice impact to gameplay, Archguns on land was nice but its just a neat feature, k-drives are just plain neat with no life span even when its put in the fridge, operators having amps & kinda good arcanes was neat till those got boring or abusive ones got patched out. Probably the last game-shaking feature i remember happening was when we actually got operator mode in the war within questline, but that mostly gave some cheese.

Still, the ability to void dash past sensor fields, over large ravines, not needing to bring a tankie/stealth frame to hack alarms in peace and rez people was a nice improvement, even if it made some things a bit more redundant 

Honestly now it would be nice if we had some more story quests added more expanded features to it, but that is just me being greedy with desiring more things, plus to want Autonomy to work on all warframes as a perma feature, once you take down some super hard story questline to let us have that feature and them to give Excalibur Umbra a new passive that just doubles or triples his damage while your in operator mode to justify him being the o.g. of the schmick. 

• Like 1

I don't see a point to echoes as you can just use a force specter and they will function better that the umbra sentient movement. Its something but as a reward its basically a null value. like at least in arbitrations you get ayatan sculptures that are some kind of reward that you can properly use. in all honesty it feels like it was a wasted resource, or a tech demo like vaniri ( who actually lead to something good).

If I am understanding it right the new disruption missions will be added and even though it is a well liked game mode it will be dead nodes (like almost all of lua) after the community grinds Gause out of it. If they want these game modes to be used more and not waist efforts they need to add more ever green rewards. like the dead mode infested salvage. They could have added mutagen sample bundles to the mode as a reward simply to help with a different way to deal with the hema; It would have at least extended its longevity. Adding kuva to one helps but lua just looks like it will stay a dead space, the fort and lua are good tile sets and i want to play on them more but with better rewards being located in other places there is no reason to go back. DE has mods, resources and other rewards they could be using or they could have implemented something that is an evergreen reward that we all would use. Another way to reliably get niatan or argon? Rewarding focus orbs and bundles as you can only access it after the second dream? It would help new players that do not know how to or can not pass the gear checks to get some focus to start out.

16 hours ago, Dr_Shadox said:

You should change "feedback" into "suggestion" in the title no ?

By the way , did the feature mean we'll never get others umbra frame ? like frost umbra for example ?

They already mentioned in a past devstream they have little interest in introducing new umbra at the moment if I recall. 

On 2019-08-23 at 3:30 PM, TehGrief said:

Also, they had mentioned that there were going to be more Umbra frames released in the future, and if this gimmick is spoiled and can be put onto any frame (even just for 24 hours), what's really going to make those true Umbra frames unique?

Innate Umbral polarities, plus enhanced stats over the standard version of the 'frame? Excalibur Umbra is (for most players) a substitute for Excal Prime, after all.

Also, future Umbra 'frames might come with new Umbral mods.

(Titania's lore makes her a strong candidate to have an Umbra instead of a Prime. Umbral mods for Secondaries would be a nice bonus.)

Personally I find Excal Umbra's sentience to be more often a liability than an advantage.

Hey, maybe putting echoes of Umbra on Umbra could remove that autonomy. That would be really helpful for some missions.

So the Echoes of Umbra s basically something that you can inject into your Warframe and it will give your Warframe sentience so that it can fight on its own along side you, however it only lasts for one day.

Now to me it should last forever but what this kind of means to me is that they aren't going to make Rhino Umbra or any of the other Umbra Warframes. The rewards and the fact that the Echoes of Umbra lasts for only one day is just very disappointing. =/

Glorious Rhino Umbra....

Edited by VotumPrime

On 2019-08-23 at 5:55 PM, GnarlsDarkley said:
On 2019-08-23 at 5:51 PM, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Question then: if you Umbra all 42 frames, then what's the point in going back to play Disruption?

100 times this.

Depending on how expensive/grindy it will be, we'll have to see if it's worth. And if you don't use Operator much this is wasted in all scenarios

You "repost" a topic, so I will repost

Still subject to change, but I think the idea is that it's optional. There are pros and cons to Excalibur Umbra's gimmick, so not everyone will want to keep it.

Eh. I'm just hoping it isn't the only unique reward from the Kuva and Lua Disruptions. If we get other cool stuff too, then that thing is fine by me.

Edited by KnossosTNC

Just now, KnossosTNC said:

Eh. I'm just hoping it isn't the only unique reward from the Kuva and Lua Disruptions. If we get other cool stuff too, then that thing is fine by me.

The echo is 100% going to be the highlight of the Lua disruption.

Being a day or permanent, we will see if the grind is worth it.

I think that it would be nice being able to edit a priority list of what the Warframe should do in that state. A way to manipulate a bit how it will fight alongside the Operator. Something like the Companions mod ubications to give the first ones the priority of use. 

A two parts blueprint where both parts are a rare drop from only two disruption missions, one in the Fortress, the other on Lua, lasts 24h on a warframe, said warframe cannot use its abilities. Since you're using kiddo & not your frame, enemies will most likely die slower

In other words, it's a gimmick that isn't even worth it & that needs to be farmed, I don't see any benefit in this

• Like 6

yeahh this reward in my eyes is not worth it. 

we need better rewards for the game modes already in the game, i don't want something that can help my amps, when i can go to the usual places players go to level their equipment. i want something in the rewards that is actually worth it in the long run, and not something that seems rather.... redundant.

maybe have something like umbral forma or something in the drops for the lua tile set, that makes the most sence there, then have Kuva in the Kuva tileset, just having something in the game mode thats actually worth it will keep the players invested in disruption, but the echo's pf umbra to me are not worth it tbh.

On 2019-08-23 at 11:37 AM, Jiminez_Burial said:

It should be permanent, otherwise why not just use specters?  You can have multiple loadouts, they will use abilities and don't require you to be in operator form.  Without the Umbral Echoes being proper upgrades then even fewer people will bother with it at all.  At least with permanence you get a significant period of activity when everyone is trying to get every Warframe upgraded and batches of activity whenever a new Warframe is released.  A day of having your Warframe turn into a lesser specter is not a reason to keep going back, it's a reason to never go there at all.

40 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

So the Echoes of Umbra s basically something that you can inject into your Warframe and it will give your Warframe sentience so that it can fight on its own along side you, however it only lasts for one day.

Now to me it should last forever but what this kind of means to me is that they aren't going to make Rhino Umbra or any of the other Umbra Warframes. The rewards and the fact that the Echoes of Umbra lasts for only one day is just very disappointing. =/

On 2019-08-23 at 11:37 AM, Jiminez_Burial said:

It should be permanent, otherwise why not just use specters?  You can have multiple loadouts, they will use abilities and don't require you to be in operator form.  Without the Umbral Echoes being proper upgrades then even fewer people will bother with it at all.  At least with permanence you get a significant period of activity when everyone is trying to get every Warframe upgraded and batches of activity whenever a new Warframe is released.  A day of having your Warframe turn into a lesser specter is not a reason to keep going back, it's a reason to never go there at all.

41 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

• Like 1

I would get it if it where permanent, but like this I cant see myself farming for it.

Honestly this is such a small touch that you could just make it a secondary effect of the Umbra Forma (Which i think would be fair considering how rare THAT is...)

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You "repost" a topic, so I will repost

It's still 42 times. Multiply that by RNG and you could get 4200 times or 420.

Either way it's still a lot. If they want to keep people playing it then they should make Umbra Forma blueprint a reward from there with the resources needed to craft it also drop from there.

And again if it doesn't last forever and if it's only temporary sentience, then people won't just care for it. If it doesn't last forever then it's not worth farming for in the first place. It's really not something that people will go crazy for getting. 

Edited by VotumPrime