Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Echoes of Umbra" feedback

Pyrewyn

vor 2 Minuten schrieb VotumPrime:

Nah the wiki has it wrong. Sentients have their own variants of these new amalgams.

unknown.png

I believe they will be as tanky as sentients and will be able to disable warframe abilities too like those demolysts. I want to scan them so bad to run some tests on them but I can't find them anywhere in game But I know they are in the game cause they show up in the simulacrum.

you can find them in the secret rooms in the gas city.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Corpus_Gas_City

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

Honestly. Me neither. I would only use this if it would last forever. 

If it's true the frames affected might not even able to use abilities while on autopilot why even bother? To get a self aiming bot that uses your weapons? Already have Mesa...

I mean, even if the whole thing lasts forever, what is the point? EoU seems more like a gimmick camouflaged as a reward because nobody could think of anything better. Hope I'm wrong

On the chance that DE sees this let's discuss how Echos should change.

I'm bringing this up because I'm seeing a lot of people say one of two things. Either that they should last for ever or they're not worth it.

What should change to make them actually appealing?

Now if DE doesn't want to change much then I am in favor of them lasting forever since they can be taken out at any time anyway, but I am NOT in favor of getting rid of them entirely and replacing them with umbra forma. I think umbra forma should stay as rare as it is so that in the future, if more umbra mods or frames are added, it keeps that level of power under control. Now my suggestion for a possible replacement for Echos is why not more amalgam mods. I think they are fun to use since each one helps bring out different play styles, and that would work with the mission type since it's all about amalgams. Also more amalgam mods would probably have a bigger impact on the game than Echos would.

Only problem with just adding more amalgam mods is once you have the mods (and anything else you might want from the mode) there is no reason to go back to those mods as far as rewards go.  Having the essence being used to craft both Umbral Forma and the Echoes of Umbra (as a permanent change to a given warframe) would have longer sustainability as you can never really have to many forma between experimenting with new builds and changing out old ones for new ones as new mods, augments, etc get introduced.  Seeing as both items would serve as permanent upgrades/changes for your individual warframes and should be somewhat rare, I see it reasonable for them to be fairly expensive to craft.

Edited by Lokidus_Prime

43 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

If it's true the frames affected might not even able to use abilities while on autopilot why even bother? To get a self aiming bot that uses your weapons? Already have Mesa...

I mean, even if the whole thing lasts forever, what is the point? EoU seems more like a gimmick camouflaged as a reward because nobody could think of anything better. Hope I'm wrong

It's still better than having only one day. Also I have a slight suspicion that Duviri will make the operators more viable. If that will be the case it will be actually useful I think.

I'm sick of limits in a game it makes no sense games are for testing and pushing to those limits. de is lame for this.  The limits and the not making the echos last longer than a day is a waste of good idea. It's a S#&$ty attempt at disguising rind with content. Why can't it stay for longer. I don't see it as super op.it wont use abilities, so it doesn t matter what frame it is. It's just the weapons. In WARFRAME the frame yet again doesn't matter lol. Honestly lets us make or favorite frame sentient. Not all of them that's useless if they wont use abilities. This is one most lackluster poorly thought of feature. The day long thing is kinda dum. Now you gotta get on do a disruption and than nightwave grind. I miss playing the game my way.

it should be a permanent option Meaning, after the echo is crafted, that the Warframe you choose to install the echo in will be able to be "Umbralized" or "DeUmbralized" by visiting the chair. No more 24 hour window. Each Warframe would need  separate echos crafted. 

Otherwise we already have craftable Spectres that use powers, no need to farm the echos at all, no need to play the new mode at all. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

For me the whole concept should be scrapped.I don't find the reward aside from it's duration a reason to play disruptions or a reason to exist.Umbra should indeed be rare but i'm disappointed that they connected Umbra with "sentient personality".Would prefer to just release 2 more frames(Mag, Volt) with a diferrent name than Umbra and different passives, call it a day and leave the helminth chair alone until they come up with something usefull but i guess it's too late now.

• Like 4

If they only last 24 hours, and the timer keeps running like every other kind of booster?  They're useless.  I don't want to go to that kind of trouble to craft an booster for a single warframe that I'll be able to use for *maybe* three or four hours of actual gameplay.  (And that's if it's the first thing I pick up on two consecutive days where I've got a lot of free time to play after crafting it.  And it puts the final nail in that there will probably never be a Mag Umbra or anything.

I'm guessing the timer is probably them wanting to make sure people want to (need to) keep running the missions, instead of just getting an Echo upgrade for their two or three favorites.  Or maybe it's a way to limit the power if there's some kind of exploit - something goes wrong, they disable the drops and the symptom fixes itself in 24 hours or less as all the Echos expire, then they can work of addressing the exploit.  And I honestly don't understand why the mechanic for removing it even exists.  Like Megan said in the stream "... but why would you want to?"

I hope the new map nodes are "fun and challenging" for people that enjoy the Disruption mode.  I plan to do each one exactly once so I'm back to 100% map completion, and then ignore them.  The Echos are... a pointless novelty.  If I could upgrade my Mag (and two Mag Primes) permanently, I'd definitely do that.  But as a temporary boost?  Nope.  Not interested in even trying it.

On 2019-08-23 at 11:43 AM, Umbriellan said:

Suggestion:
Make a 3 tiers item with the Echos of Umbra :
1st tiers "Echos of Umbra" - last 24h
2nd tiers "Memory of Umbra" - last 7 days
3rd tiers "Warframe's Awakening" - stay permanent

In the 3rd tiers, the Helminth Room will allow to turn On/Off whenever you want.

1st tiers: need " 1x Lua/Kuva Fortress part ";
2nd tiers: needs " 5x Echoes ";
3rd tiers: needs " 5x
Memories ".

Like this, you will have to grind a bit for each warframe you want to awake.

This is good. I'd be down for this.

On 2019-08-23 at 3:42 PM, Umbriellan said:

Little question :

Would it be more worth it, if the Operator get buff due to the installed "Echo of Umbra" (permanent buff on Excalibur Umburu for obvious reason) ?
1) there is a buff (let say "in mobility") due to the warframe Aura;

Honestly Operators need some massive QoLs, Seriously D.E.... LET OPERATORS GET THE ITEM/ENEMY RADAR BONUS FROM PETS, WARFRAME & AURAS! One of the major frustrations i have while in operator means i have to suddenly be unable to know where a bunch of enemies are gathered and have to constantly toggle back into warframe to double check, if i want to use my operator to kill them, ESPECIALLY vomalysts for charging lures. Does not help either when you want to level amps in hydron or something similar.

2) there is an additional buff due to Umbral Mod equiped (linked Armor & Vitality ; additional Void-energy with Umbral Intensity / additional Crit-chance - damages with due to Umbral Melee mods).
+ maybe a refresh on Void damages, to make it without buff/debuff against all kind of health-armor-shield.

Double honestly, i would not mind if operators got buffs thanks to a umbral-link bonus, though it might be a little silly to ask operators & umbra frames getting a final damage modifier bonus every time each of them kill a enemy, maybe with a stacking effect. I certainly would like it though if more of an excuse to max out all the focus schools gave some more tangible bonuses to the operator like maybe a % stat increase of say final modifier of +2% health/damage/armor per node maxed so all the grind needed for them will still translate into tangible potential then just being something like a circuit board of actions we flip on and off like the operator`s has to bleach thar brain of one school every time they want to use a different one.

With that; even if the Echoes are temporary, it will allow you to buff your operators when other kind of Warframe are being used (plus, it is still a specter which use YOUR loadout & in the future use the abilities).

Considering how specter A.I. logic works, D.E. should honestly just let warframes work the same as how Excalibur Umbra works. Its not like they have smart enough A.I. to stay in say Peace maker that long on mesa and 360 spam every enemy in sight, probably only for 3 seconds or so to burst down a enemy if they actually do that action input.

What they said was: "it only lasts 24h so you'll have a reason to run the disruption again"

First of all, if this new disruption drops enough Kuva, we'll play it anyway, but forcing us to play just to have a gimmick that is even worse than a regular specter?

I don't need a second job DE, games are supposed to be fun to play

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot
  • Like 1

I think I am the minority here, but why not Umbral Forma. That would be worth the grind and would keep folks coming back. Limit the number of Umbral Forma a player can have if they wish, but the highlight they are putting forward is meh at best. New fram and new weapons are good, but that will be short lived.

Ok, DE. You told us already that there are no new plans for Umbra frames, but you give us Umbra forma and the Echoes of Umbra mechanic that lasts 24 hours so it needs to be farmed every so often if you want it...

First, no one asked for this. Second, we're constantly screaming for new CONTENT, but you can only throw a dog so many bare bones before they want one with meat on it. You were my savior from Destiny (I don't care how many times I say this) so I've been getting others on board the Warframe choo choo, but content has been so scarce that it's forcing us to go elsewhere for our fix. Personally, I don't have too many options in the third-person sci-fi shooter genre, so I had to start back playing Mass Effect over. I'll even admit to shelling out my share of money for platinum even though I've done my fair share of trading too, but I don't really see a reason to anymore.

PLEASE, PLEASE reconsider Umbras. There's a lot of lore potential there. What about a faction war where the factions you side with have permanent ramifications in the game? Nothing we've had the choice of have had any lasting ramfications in our individual games. Stakes are good and other RPG's have proven that when your choices matter, things stick with you and it adds to replayability. I want to see Warframe succeed, but your decisions are negatively impacting your community and I hate seeing that happen.

Please fix these issues because I feel like I need to step away from Warframe until Railjack or even the New War and I really don't want to.

• Like 2